Deleted

Jewelcrafting - Which Recipes first?

So, I came a little late into JC this expansion, therefore only 3 tokens.
    I am looking to purchase my first 'design'

What did you buy first? - For what reason?
    Get some discussion going with the prioritization :-)

I bought the DPS Meta first, to be the first on the realm with the cut.

First normal gems I got were the Agi/Mastery and Str/Mastery. Everyone else gets the generic red and blue cuts, but those two oranges were rare enough, but still in enough demand to make some good money, especially Agi/Mastery.

There are a lot of people on my realm at least that spam trade crafting for free to get skillups, which is really silly for them, but amazing for my income as I don't need to buy any of the common patterns to get my gems cut, so I can concentrate on the rarer ones.

Deleted
    Agility /hit will be mine first recipe.Due the fact i need more blues that red for the meta dps socket

Depends whether you're going for income or usefulness. If you want money, I'd suggest getting a cut for a gem type that doesn't sell very well in the uncut version. For example, inferno rubies sell very well and very fast uncut. Why bother getting a cut for them? If you're mass prospecting, you can sell inferno rubies as-is. But amberjewels, at least on my server, are only like 30g each. So, I got a couple of amberjewel cuts first so I'm not just stuck with a ton of those in my inventory.

Check out the article I wrote on the Elementium Shuffle for a lot more detail on making money with prospecting and jewelcrafting. Good luck!
    www.justanotherwowblog.com - A blog about gold making, WoW economics, MMO philosophy, and more!

Well I chose [Design: Solid Ocean Sapphire] since raw gems were 70g and cut ones were about 300g. Then I got [Design: Bold Chimera's Eye]

Made a loooot of gold. I'll probably buy a meta recipe tomorrow.

Deleted
    Puissant Dream Emerald, bought raw for 40-50g and sold cutted gems for 350 the first days, now its down to 290.

Well, if you want to make gold, id suggest going for a decent Meta,, maybe a caster Meta.. that way you benifit and also put some on AH for teh goldz

first get some cuts you will benefit from. it's quite annoying to run around asking people for the cuts you need when you could do them on the spot :P
    My main is prot warr, i picked solid chimaera's eye( 101 stam JC gem), solid ocean( 60 stam) and puissant dream emerald( mastery/stam) first. after that, it depends on what you prefer: help your guildies with particular cuts( ask them what they need) or pick recipes that make money on AH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Hemet was behind Garrosh's escape and time travel just so he could hunt big game on old Draenor.

Agility /hit will be mine first recipe.Due the fact i need more blues that red for the meta dps socket
    I wouldn't bank on this too hard, there was a blue post confirming that they're changing this soon to simply require 2 blue gems.
    Last edited by Rah; 2010-12-16 at 02:50 PM. Reason: missed quote

+hit gems will be popular for quite a while because getting hit capped is the first thing every dps class wants to do for raiding. The basic blue +hit gem sells very well, but it's also very competitive because a lot of jewelcrafters get it quickly. A hybrid +hit/+someothergoodstat gem that hits other socket bonuses would also be a good choice.
    www.justanotherwowblog.com - A blog about gold making, WoW economics, MMO philosophy, and more!