Thread: Uldum Digsites

Uldum Digsites

Is there any way to increase Uldum dig sites rate? I'm getting roughly 1 per hour. I'm popping my hearthstone/astral recall everytime it's up, and going directly to uldum everytime a digsite pops up.. Is it really suppose to be this rare? Or is their some way to limit it?

Evil Dragon mount...

RNG at its best im afraid, you have to just keep digging and hope they pop up more in uldum.

Digsites tend (but by no means is guaranteed) to pop up at the opposite end of the continent you're on. What I've been doing is starting south then moving north, following the digsites. Usually get 2 or 3 to pop in Uldum by the time I hit Winterspring, etc., but it's all RNG.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure it is 100% RNG. I once had a digsite near Zul Farrack after that one another in tanaris after that one back to zul farrack after that one back to the last spot i was at.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaese View Post
    Digsites tend (but by no means is guaranteed) to pop up at the opposite end of the continent you're on. What I've been doing is starting south then moving north, following the digsites. Usually get 2 or 3 to pop in Uldum by the time I hit Winterspring, etc., but it's all RNG.
    Not by the experiences I've been having. When I dug in northern eastern kingdoms I had 6 times in a row when the new digsite was north of arathi highlands. Made travel cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    Is there any way to increase Uldum dig sites rate? I'm getting roughly 1 per hour. I'm popping my hearthstone/astral recall everytime it's up, and going directly to uldum everytime a digsite pops up.. Is it really suppose to be this rare? Or is their some way to limit it?

Evil Dragon mount...
    Actually the only thing you can do.. Is avoid uldum till you have 3 digsites there... keep doing others and eventually they will gather in uldum

(If you start in the north) dig all northern nodes until they ALL spawn somewhere in the south. Once you've moved south go for whichever nodes are closest (dig any tol'vir ones as soon as they pop for a better chance for them to spawn there b/c of the open spawn point). If they spawn in the north and there have still been no tol'vir pops, hearth and use the port to hyjal. Rinse and repeat. I have every tol'vir common atleast twice, never seen a rare. RNG is RNG

Quote Originally Posted by jshidaka View Post
    Actually the only thing you can do.. Is avoid uldum till you have 3 digsites there... keep doing others and eventually they will gather in uldum

As I pointed out on the "Best Places for Archaeology" that is probably the dumbest possible way of gathering Tolvir artifact as long as you can easily port to uldum (well in fact you could wait for the 4 to be in Uldum...)

Here is a nice table giving the probability of having a Tolvir digsite pop depending on the number of tolvir digsite you have on your map (assuming equal distribution amongst dig sites and the fact that a dig site cannot pop where you finishes it (ie never 6 "loots" straight in the same digsite), which seems true according to what I observed):
    # Tolvir site - - - probability
    0 - - - - - - - - - 13.79%
    1 - - - - - - - - - 12.07%
    2 - - - - - - - - - 10.34%
    3 - - - - - - - - - 8.62%
    4 - - - - - - - - - 6.9%

edit : to be clear, the reasoning behind "go to uldum asap" is only true for mages/shamans/ppl with lots of deepholmes potion, DO NOT fly all the way from Hyjial to Uldum if you can't easily port to Uldum and then back to Hyjial if you still have 3 digsite in the north, by try to collect Uldum artefact asap.

I also have dug ~1k7 tolvir fragments (30 commons and 2rares)
    Last edited by Bethan; 2010-12-23 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bethan View Post
    As I pointed out on the "Best Places for Archaeology" that is probably the dumbest possible way of gathering Tolvir artifact as long as you can easily port to uldum (well in fact you could wait for the 4 to be in Uldum...)

Here is a nice table giving the probability of having a Tolvir digsite pop depending on the number of tolvir digsite you have on your map (assuming equal distribution amongst dig sites and the fact that a dig site cannot pop where you finishes it (ie never 6 "loots" straight in the same digsite), which seems true according to what I observed):
    # Tolvir site - - - probability
    0 - - - - - - - - - 13.79%
    1 - - - - - - - - - 12.07%
    2 - - - - - - - - - 10.34%
    3 - - - - - - - - - 8.62%
    4 - - - - - - - - - 6.9%
    Very helpful thankyou so much!