Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Cool "Essence of the Forlorn" - where does it drop?

I would like to know where this item drops. As I'm in a guild that is not prepared for raids yet (not enough L85ers), my only viable source for VP (and ultimately T11.5 gear) is the daily Cata heroic dungeons. But I cannot get certain T11.5 gear pieces without EotF, so if someone could tell me where and how often it drops, that would be great.

WowHead.com

Seeing as it buys the heroic tier gear, my guess is that it comes from heroic raids.

EDIT: You can also only get 3 pieces of tier 11 from outside raiding (i.e with Valor points). You will not be able to get tier 11.5 unless you do heroic raids.
    Last edited by freernnur5; 2010-12-15 at 11:57 PM.

The Essence of the Forlorn drops from heroic raid bosses. You then take it to the Valorous vendor and turn it into a specific gear token. You then use this token PLUS the associated non-heroic tier piece and buy the heroic tier piece.
    Last edited by cybermind; 2010-12-16 at 12:55 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Luckily I'm now in a guild, which is slowly gathering other L85ers, so my chances of gathering lots of VP and EotF have gone from barerly anything, to something. To think I was gonna use an "alternative method" to acquire what I needed.

The goal is to empower my Elemental Shaman troll with T11.5 Heroic gear!

15+ Year Old Account
    essence of the forlorn only drops from heroic al'akir.

cho'gall and nef have tier tokens 372 and sinestra has her own 379 loot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cybermind View Post
    The Essence of the Forlorn drops from heroic raid bosses. You then take it to the Valorous vendor and turn it into a specific gear token. You then use this token PLUS the associated non-heroic tier piece and buy the heroic tier piece.
    Heroic bosses, ^^ what this poster said.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-