Starting up WoW again. LF advice on tanking random dungeons.

I'm going to be buying cat and reactivating my account soon and was wondering a little bit about jumping right into the LFD system as a tank. I quit when my tank had ICC10H/25 gear and I'm thinking this will be able to get me through the new dungeons. My question is: Will it? I've heard that the jump from level 80 gear to quest greens is pretty large and that the mobs and bosses of these instances can hit like monsters.

Am I able to jump right into LFD out of ICC or should I upgrade/sidegrade to quest gear before tackling them?

The new dungeons have item level requirements of 226, so your gear will let you in. The quest greens are ilvl 272, but a big (unannounced) change is that items of the same item level are the same strength regardless of their quality (it used to be an ilvl 200 blue was worse than an ilvl 200 epic, but on the new ilvl 272+ gear that's not the case)

You'll have ilvl 264 gear, so for stat points, some of the new green gear will be superior. But you'll have it enchanted, and it will have gem slots, which green gear doesn't.

Short answer, yeah. You'll be fine. But you might find the occasional piece from questing that will be an upgrade soon. Anything with expensive enchants will probably last a while though.

My advice: "Don't."

Thanks. Just did a little comparison on the stats from Hyjal quest greens and my current gear. It's possible, but not really worth risking.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't communicate with bad players. They will go nerdrage for some unknown reason.
    The best way to get trough the internet is to pretend you are dead untill you want to speak.

Also the lvling greens is not a huge jump, the flat bonuses from simply lvling is the biggest.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar