aggression and vengeance as a bear

so i was attempting to test if the AP you gain from vengeance is modified by aggression, but unfortunately with how fast vengeance falls off it was difficult to tell, but one thing i seemed to notice is that vengeance was capping at 11k ap, but my HP was roughly 150k, so im not sure why it was capping out at that even if i turned my back to the boss it wouldnt get higher, also the tool tip didnt go higher then ~11k for what my AP was at so now im wondering if its a tooltip thing or if bears AP was capped at what the vengeance cap was. If anyone has any definitive answers or results as to what they found out i would much appreciate it.

edit: basically why im even doing the math is im trying to see if stacking stam is actually a viable way to gain a large amount of mitigation through savage defense modifiers, although at the moment im splitting my gear between stam and agi so that i dont turn into a mana sponge

---------- Post added 2010-12-16 at 02:31 AM ----------

anyone, anyone?...bueller?....bueller?
    Last edited by Dillybear; 2010-12-16 at 01:35 AM.
    http://owlkinbf.blogspot.com/Theory is where good ideas come from. Practice is where good players come from.

15+ Year Old Account
    sorry m8 this is to technical and hard to test for me, however i have never heard of a AP cap but vegence should cat at like 10% of your hp right ?

but what is a druid his hp ? this has always been bugged. like some bosses that make you take a %damage based on your hp, the damage i took was always lower as those types of damage's moddifeir usaly dont take the bearform multiplers into affect or atleast not all of them :P

maybe infirnix17 knows it as he seems to have done a lot of bear crafting
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    ...this has always been bugged. like some bosses that make you take a %damage based on your hp, the damage i took was always lower as those types of damage's moddifeir usaly dont take the bearform multiplers into affect or atleast not all of them :P
    Sorry, I don't know anything about the main topic of observing vengeance cap lower than the 10% of HP thing... but this effect that Elunedra noticed, I don't believe is a bug.
    I think hits that are supposed to do a "percent of target's health in damage" are pre-mitigation, but likely either ignore armor if they are physical damage or they might more often be spell damage, possibly ignoring resistance. How bears still reduce the magnitude of that damage is from the 12% damage reduction from the Natural Reaction talent, and if it's spell damage then also the 6% spell damage reduction from the Perseverance talent. (and Barkskin too if you use it before the hit)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasmon View Post
    Sorry, I don't know anything about the main topic of observing vengeance cap lower than the 10% of HP thing... but this effect that Elunedra noticed, I don't believe is a bug.
    I think hits that are supposed to do a "percent of target's health in damage" are pre-mitigation, but likely either ignore armor if they are physical damage or they might more often be spell damage, possibly ignoring resistance. How bears still reduce the magnitude of that damage is from the 12% damage reduction from the Natural Reaction talent, and if it's spell damage then also the 6% spell damage reduction from the Perseverance talent. (and Barkskin too if you use it before the hit)
    that is tru but i rember i think it was back in ULD whit XT destructo bot or something, well i cant realy remeber witch boss but i had like 40k hp and i only took hits for like 2K while it was meant tobe 10% of hp and other tanks did take 3.5K+ hits, and at that point i did happent to have like 20K hp in night elf form so i figured it ignored the bear multiplier
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE