Which are the easier heroics to go after????

My main is a prot pally...

So the first thing I did once i got the appropriate gearing level for heroics was que for H shadowfang keep alone. I had 120k unbuffed and after 1 wipe we cleared to the first boss only to spend an hour working it till we came to the conclusion a healer with only 60k mana isn't enough for the archaengel phase.

Next I helped my friends and guildmates level and reach an appropriate i level, then we qued specifically for H deadmines. In two separate guild made groups, the first where we supplied 3 of the members and the second where we supplied 5 of them, we cleared to Admiral Ripsnarl only to give up after an hour (Now im at 142k unbuffed btw). Our closest attempt was 14% and we believe we may be lacking a bit in dps to accomplish this as the fight takes too long and drains healers mana.

I am not going to complain that these fights are too hard, I like that they aren't pushovers and I don't mind when they give the amount of JP they give.
    But I need to know a couple things before moving forward.

1st, what is the avg dps needed from the three dps in the fight? Is a minimum of 10k dps too low?

2nd, are their easier heroics then the two I just listed? Anyone who played during wotlk will tell you that nexus and utgarde keep is easier then halls of lightning and ankheet old kingdom. So is blackrock and throne the place we'd be wanting to start???

3rd, How much of group comp should effect ability to do fights? Is it okay to get a grab bag of random classes or does the groups benefit more from aiming towards pure caster buffs and debuffs as opposed to melee ones????

---------- Post added 2010-12-16 at 12:11 AM ----------

sorry for grammar spelling and punctuation mistakes
    am very tired

Easy heroics? Well, Vortex Pinnacle isn't terribly hard, you might want to start there. That's probably the easiest of the lot.
    If I go crazy then will you still call me Superman?

What you take depends in part on your healer. I know healers who can not heal melee heavy groups but there are also plenty who can handle anything you can throw at them. You will want to take at least one person with a reliable cc and no, 10k dps is not too low. I honestly havent grouped with many people even hitting 10k dps in heroics yet and we've still managed to clear what we've attempted. I would agree with the above person that Vortex Pinnacle is probably the easiest of them all.

Ripsnarl can be a very frustrating fight if people dont dps down the adds and/or if the healer struggles to keep up with the incoming dmg. IMO, Deadmines is probably one of the harder heroics.