Is it only me or..?

Hey all,

For the last 1 week we are farming HCs with guild and all of the members are pretty much same geared.

I am one of the mages in guild and all our dps is so low if we compare it to other classes.

On boss fights one of our DKs is making around 13k dps.. Warlocks around 14k.. Paladins around 13k..

It is worse when it comes to trash.. there is around %30 dps difference between mages and other dps classes..

Btw I am currently fire and still same..

Any ideas are welcome.. ty

10+ Year Old Account
    Arcanelolol

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What's your average item level? Or an armoury link to see what all you're doing wrong gear-wise. I've been pushing 13-17k depending on proc luck and time warp.

Deleted
    i got some problems too. i was running some HCs yesterday with guildies, on bosses i was pulling about 11k dps, while Hunter and DK both pulled easily 14k+. i felt really bad, maybe im doing something wrong :\ i'm fire specced, hit capped (17%), got 22% crit with molten armor and 5200 SP with arcane intellect. i don't know what to think

I'm usually on top at a boss, not always but most of the time. I rarely watch my skada on trash, but if you're too low pop flame orb more often and impact dots when you're sure that the tank has all the mobs.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Im currently Fire spec'd .. on boss fights blowing cooldowns and trinkets i can easily pull 13k dps & my gear isnt the best,, i have a few heroic pieces but nothing special.

Just make sure you have you have as much dots (pyro ignite LB) as possible before you hit Combustion.

on trash i can get abit more if im lucky , make sure you have LB on 3 targets for the haste buff and track them dots..

Not much else can say really

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhigo View Post
    Im currently Fire spec'd .. on boss fights blowing cooldowns and trinkets i can easily pull 13k dps & my gear isnt the best,, i have a few heroic pieces but nothing special.
    How much crit chance you got unbuffed? I feel that's my problem.. Or maybe just bad luck i don't know, whatching recount in a fight i had 1 crit out of 21 scorches.. That's a bit weird even if i got 22% with Molten Armor :\

Quote Originally Posted by dragon8912 View Post
    How much crit chance you got unbuffed? I feel that's my problem.. Or maybe just bad luck i don't know, whatching recount in a fight i had 1 crit out of 21 scorches.. That's a bit weird even if i got 22% with Molten Armor :\
    RNG can swing either way. It gets better the longer the fight lasts.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

I can't seem to make above 9k as fire without my CDs.

On Halfus 25 mages own at 30k dps

Quote Originally Posted by dragon8912 View Post

Im not sure tbh, i went for the 12.5% haste for the extra dot tick then went for crit.. think i got around the same as you 22% fully party buffed. bearing in mind i always have the new warlock spell to improve my haste and dmg

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say it's RNG and your raid really. You in your guild may be where you are on the meters. You in a worse guild will be higher on the meters. You in a US top 10 guild will probably be pretty low :P
    Lightning Fast

Just to point out, if all you're doing is running heroics you don't need 17% hit rating as far as I remember (havent't done hc's on live yet) in the beta heroic dungeaon were the same level as normal bosses meaning you only need 6% hit. So if you are only doing heroics reforge some of that extra hit into crit, i'm currently running at 24% crit rating with only a couple of rep 346 pcs and one rep 359 piece.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rotation not good? What spec are you using? I'm doing fire and I get like 13k-14k on trash, 15-17k on bosses.

Arcane is the best spec for mages atm.

My rotation:
    Arcane Blast
    Frostfire
    Arcane Barrage
    Arcane Missiles
    Fireball

I get hella good dps with that rotation.

To the OP.. it's you. In our 10 man, our mage is usually number 1 in dps, only occasonally getting beat by an unholy dk, and even then it's not by much. He's also very close to the bottom of the dps in terms of gear. Also the person talking about being in a good guild means you're low on the meters, you're wrong. Go watch the videos for some of the higher tier guilds raid boss kills. Most of the time a mage is number one or two. Stop qqing and learn to play your class.

Frostfire as arcane? ...

Aside from that its all about playstyle and it can only be said 10,000 times before someone clues in that it may not be your rotation, but how you adapt that rotation into boss fights. If you find yourself moving alot, that will be detrimental to your overall dps, its not a gear issue or a rotation issue its a L2P issue, considering you're comparing trash dps of classes proves the issue to be valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Camacho View Post
    Arcane is the best spec for mages atm.

My rotation:
    Arcane Blast
    Frostfire
    Arcane Barrage
    Arcane Missiles
    Fireball

I get hella good dps with that rotation.
    what is this i don't even

Quote Originally Posted by Disgruntler View Post
    what is this i don't even
    he's level 62, so not a big deal, but that kind of rotation won't suit you at 85 in dungeons or raids. Fire's better anyway imo