Thread: HoO HC

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

HoO HC

How many of you actully managed HoO hc?
    my fail pugs die at the first boss and everyone nerdrage out of the group, so does anyone have a solid tactic for this pug destorying boss?

I've done Pugs and guild runs of HoO successfully without a wipe on the first boss. I haven't encounted this problem =/

Give it time. Cata will slowly, but surely, beat those players into submission.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got it on the first run, guild one ofc. Haven't tried with a PuG so far.

I've finished it a couple of times. But the first boss is for sure a "retard check." Just have the whole group jump down for the switches and have the healer be the one to activate the switch. That's how I've done it everytime. The rest of the group should just be aoeing the snakes down. When the first switch is done move to the second. Then repeat when needed.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I pugged it today with a great group. Luck of the draw?
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Iv done it about 5 times now, 3 times with guildies, 2 pugs. Only boss we have wiped so far was the second (void zones, in the vault of light), and the plant guy, because we didnt know that he could heal so much if we allowed him to cast wither all the time. Once on each boss, on different runs.
    First boss is really easy, he is undertuned compared to a bunch of bosses.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

gonna sound like a troll but get a guild. this is what blizzard wants you to do. ive done HoO about 5-6 times and it is retardedly easy. Yet it suprizes me in no way that people in the LFD wouldnt be able to hit a switch to make a boss non immune.
    Death Knights are good for one thing. Bank Alts. Nothing more.

Deleted
    i pugged it wiped once or twice then we kill rather easy if ppl focus:P only boss i have probs with is setesh but you can skip him

HoO is easy, GB's last boss and SC are a bitch.
    1. Search feature never works for me 2. No, there isn't a thread answering exactly what I'm asking for

Deleted
    Done it several times, never ever wiped on first boss. What's so hard about it?

Not that GB last boss nor SC would be hard either for that matter. Not too hard to run to black circle and kill add after it...

i've done it several times in pugs as a tank and dps all the time without issues at all. The entire party goes to one switch, channel it, then move over to the other switch and channel it then as a group go back up to the boss, interrupt him and keep going.

10+ Year Old Account
    Done it 3 times now with pugs and it went very good

First boss HoO you cant just click the levers and run away, they have casttime, so we did this: jumping one side as whole grp, one is activating, 4 are dealing with the snakes. Repeating on the other side, walking upstairs together. Worked fine with PuG.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRising View Post
    HoO is easy, GB's last boss and SC are a bitch.
    HoO is easy if group do what they have to do (apply on every HC boss) only Setesh is challenge

I love Erudax, he is my favourite boss in HC,s with wonderfull mechanics of fight and he evokes in me memories of fight with Vezax

Stonecore last boss (Sith lady) is hard? how can be? dont be killed by rock, kick casts and navigate adds in to void zones...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by asmodei View Post
    HoO is easy if group do what they have to do (apply on every HC boss) only Setesh is challenge

I love Erudax, he is my favourite boss in HC,s with wonderfull mechanics of fight and he evokes in me memories of fight with Vezax

Stonecore last boss (Sith lady) is hard? how can be? dont be killed by rock, kick casts and navigate adds in to void zones...
    I guess it's hard to not stand in rocks

10+ Year Old Account
    just did it today. healer was just doing daily and we forgot that rajh was the last boss who gives u the daily rewards....... oh and it dosnt let u requeue to finish off the other 3 if u already beat it

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soul Hermit View Post
    How many of you actully managed HoO hc?
    my fail pugs die at the first boss and everyone nerdrage out of the group, so does anyone have a solid tactic for this pug destorying boss?
    the uber pug safe strat i'd say would be the whole group goes down together 1 person does the switch while the rest of the group tanks/kills snakes, group moves together to second switch and does the same thing. Get up stairs and interrupt. The AoE song doesn't really do THAT much damage so you can afford to go it kinda slow.

a little more advanced would be to split into two groups and do the switches at the same time. We do this leaving the healer upstairs and sending a boomkin and me as ele to one side with our other dps and tank the the other. the boomkin and I have enough aoe, roots and snares to handle our side enough to get the switch done and with the tank on the other side the dps is free to get the switch. Our healer was a shaman too so she shocked the song as soon as the switched flipped.

Death improves everyone's reputation...

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asmodei View Post
    HoO is easy ...
    This! HoO is one of the easier heroics tbh.
    No strange tactics, mobs bosses are just NUKE MORE bosses

Quote Originally Posted by MalooTakant View Post
    the uber pug safe strat i'd say would be the whole group goes down together 1 person does the switch while the rest of the group tanks/kills snakes, group moves together to second switch and does the same thing. Get up stairs and interrupt. The AoE song doesn't really do THAT much damage so you can afford to go it kinda slow.
    Um no - that's just causing more avoidable damage.

The first boss is cake - have the tank go to one side, aggro the snakes while an assigned DPS hits the switch. If you have a Rogue or Hunter they can MD before the tank jumps down and handle the other side. If you have neither of those classes you can just have the tank grab the snakes on each side and run back up. Have the healer and remaining DPS stay up to and at the end of the platform. AoE the adds down. Rinse repeat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.