Heroic Altairus soloable?

So, I was attempting to do some heroics today. My character is a Blood DK.

We kept wiping on the second boss, the drake Altairus, but I found that by layering my cooldowns to soak up his breath, I could pretty much keep myself up while fighting him, by spamming Death Strike as much as possible, chaining one cooldown after another, and using Death Pact if I made a mistake.

Ultimately it was something stupid that would end up killing me, like not properly dodging a tornado and taking extra damage I couldn't afford, or being tossed out of the fight-zone and getting killed by lightning. I never did end up killing him, but my best attempt was from about 45% down to ~2.5% by myself. Here's my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...thael/advanced

As you can see, I'm barely geared enough to step into heroics, let alone overgear any encounters. I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this sense of awesomeness when fighting this particular boss. It was pretty cool having a random shaman tell me "dk you are a god".

Blood self-healing and mastery really seems to lend itself to one-man-armying bosses down. It feels like as long as you stay sharp and dodge the tornadoes, you can keep yourself topped-off enough to eventually whittle him down.

I have solod that boss from 40% to 0, the last boss of throne from when he does the enlargment thing to 0, the first boss and 3rd boss in sfk from 50ish-0. The last boss in lost city for 20%, the celestial chick in hoor from about 20%. And ONCE I killed the last boss in stone core from 50% (I had to blow every cd so many times and I was super super lucky on my mind freezes)... More or less any boss that doesnt have adds or some rediculous dmg thing I have been able to solo when my shitty group mems died to early. It just involves alot of cd chaning and making sure you save licheborne till just b4 your going to die, because honestly with a full rp bar its a 100% heal over the duration.

I have soloed the last phase, on the last boss, in Throne of Tides heroic, end up doing 24kk dmg, and 7kk heal during that phase...that is pretty much stupid if you can heal yourself and soak the magic dmg every once for a while...btw I did that in dw frost dps gear/spec.
    That is kind of stupid, and I really still looking where is the great difficult they added to heroics in this expansion, because you only wipe because some ppl dont have a brain.

I managed to solo the last 15% of Karsh Steelbender when going for the 15 Stacks Heroic Achievement...

We got him to 20%, grabbed all 15 Stacks... everyone died pretty much instantly and i popped all my CDs to solo the last 15%.

I came.

Deleted
    I never soloed him but on my first ever (Live) kill of him on Heroic Mode our Healer suicided over the side at 70%. Rest of the fight I was healed by a Shadow Priest and my own Healing.

Was fun!