Running Out of Quests to do

Anybody else ran into this problem? I have levelled multiple characters throughout TBC and Wotlk and have never experienced this phenomenon.

I have just leveled up my mage to 85, but I have been so frustrated doing it due to running out of quests to do in the new Cata zones. I enjoy questing and I was planning on getting Loremaster of Cataclysm achievement, but i failed miserably.

I did not skip any quests in any of the areas and went with the flow of quests. The first thing i noticed was that rather than having a few larger quest hubs there are loads of quest hubs with few quests available, i'm not sure i like that as i think this is the main reason i ran out of quests to do. There seems to be a lack of "flow" of quests, in the sense that sometimes the quests just stop and you are stranded with no quests to do.. as far as i can remember i have never ran out of quests in wotlk or tbc zones..

Personally i ran out of quests to do in:
    Mount Hyjal (done 85 out of ~110 or so)
    Uldum (done 58 out of more than 100 i beleive)
    Twilight highlands (done ~30 out of not sure how many)

The only 2 places i managed to get the achievements for doing nearly all quests was Vajsh'ir and Deepholme. The questing was smooth, even though in Vajsh'ir I was stuck for a bit until i figured out how to get the new quests once you finish quests in the starting zone.

Yesterday i was 2bars away from dinging 85 when i ran out of quests in Twilight Highlands, you can imagine how frustrated i was flying around the 3 zones looking for some quests and not finding any.. I just ended up grinding the last 2 bars...

Anybody else had any problems with running out of quests to do in any of the zones? If so, how did you manage to find new ones in the same zone?

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd look again. I managed the Loremaster achievements for Hyjal, Deepholm (post fix), Uldum and Twilight Highlands (before CoC but needed 12 or so after dinging 85) with no issues. Vash'jir I haven't done yet so no achievement.

Didn't have to search for anything either, just followed the quest lines. Note, some quests are generated by killing random creatures, e.g. Diseased Vultures(?) in Uldum.

I'm puzzled how people manage to do this. How can you possibly skip quests in the new zones?

I've done 3 zones so far to level, hyjal, Deepholme and Twilight Highlands. In none of them I ran out of quests.

You just have to keep track of them.

For example:
    Hyjal consists of a few storylines.
    First you help the ancient guardians (goldrinn, aviana, tortolla, aessina) you have to do all the quests for them. Sometimes, Ysera appears, sending you here and there. She appears (imho) at the shrine of aviana, goldrinn, and the shrine in front of tortolla.

When you helped the ancient guardians, you have to help an Ancient (a big red tree, burning, on top of a hill)

Then you have to do the retarded but yet funny flying around quest and get a pet.
    Hyjal gets partly restored, tortolla gives quest to advance into the canyon, full of ogres and twilight guys.

Then you infiltrate the cult. Tons of quests. Nearly everybody reaches his loremaster of hyjal in the infiltration-quests. After you infiltrated them, you help a nightelf, some important captain of the guardians of Hyjal. Then Cenarius appears, last quests in Hyjal start, Ragnaros gets defeated. Finish.

Advice: don't port out of the zones too much. You forget where you've been.
    Advice2: Use the wowhead profiler. You can keep track of your quests done. And you help the most amazing wow-fansite ever. Sorry mmo-champion.
    Advide3: Keep track of your quests, Stop at a point that you'll remember after a few days.

If my little text helped you, I can type a short summary of THL, too. But it would be Horde-only.
    Last edited by Pope; 2010-12-16 at 08:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Questing is really not a problem, and you shouldn't run out.

If you watch your map carefull checking for every ! sign, then you will not run out of quests, the quests always lead on, some might require you to do a quest that you would find at some place first

but the quests you had would have lead you over the place such an NPC would stand on. If you run out of quests you are not watching carefull and are just rushing over it all. Both missing alot of the zones and as you did, get stuck without more quests
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

15+ Year Old Account
    I leveled Hyjal 100%, Vash'jir 50%, Deepholm 100%, Uldum 100% and Twilight Highlands 20% to get to 85.

Quote Originally Posted by ible View Post
    I have the problem of running out of quests after 4 days into cata.

Am loremaster of cataclysm however.

If you quested fully in TBC, you really should have no problem with cata. Outland was far more quest intensive.

I wish vashj'ir had 600 quests. Hyjal 300. Deepholm 50. Uldum 600. Twilight 800. Fine, Deepholm can have 500.

And it should require 4/5 zones to get to max level.

Alas. Blizz is not capable of making content that last any longer than a few days.
    Helloooooooooooo???? ALTS? People act as if the new 1-60 doesn't exist. >_< Theres a LOT of new quests. Heck most of the 1-60 ones were arguably more funny, epic, and some even more fun than anything in the 81-85 zones.

Plus do you honestly HONESTLY want to spend several weeks getting to 85 only to do it again on several alts? Its a video game. We're supposed to have fun. And if I'm going to do the same quests over again I'd rather have them over quickly instead of dragging it out over several weeks.

I am stuck at 106/108 in uldum, any ideas?

They are there, I just got Loremaster of Cataclysm yesterday. Some quests are picked up from killing random things, like the vultures in Uldum, granted just one quest, but I had a wild shot and hit one, killed it and I needed to suddenly kill 8 more.
    Orks, Space Marines, Rift (<---- Links for pics BTW)

Quote Originally Posted by ible View Post
    Kill a beetle down in obelisk of the stars.

Kill a hyena outside same place.

Kill a vulture in Cradle Of the Ancients.
    thanks i'll try

Deleted
    what u can do is to just fly to where previous quests were. i had this problem is hyjal and i later found out that there were two quests in the northern quest place.