Page 1 of 7
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Guild XP, how to get it in small guilds?

    So here I am making this post because my guild is pretty small and I am leveling my alt atm to try and get some guild experience. The only way I can confirm I am gaining XP is when it shows it in the combat log, which to mean seems to be only while turning in quests.

    So since blizzard nerfed the guild XP from quests from 100% to 25% what do smaller guilds do to get xp?

  2. #2
    Fluffy Kitten Rivin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Posts
    13,061
    Small guilds do the same thing large guilds do. They just level more slowly.

  3. #3
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Netherlands, Heerle
    Posts
    1,334
    remember, the guild awards are no needs, they are just fun extra's!
    Youll get them eventually in a really small guild, just work hard for em.
    (Or join a good raiding guild)
    Valkyrìe on Azjol-Nerub is Recruiting! PM me for info!
    or check http://valkyrieeu.guildlaunch.com/index.php?gid=104637


  4. #4
    The Patient Glarb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Holland, EU
    Posts
    242
    Any guildgroup is awarded XP.
    This counts for Dungeons, Raids, Rated BG's and Arena's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tjongen View Post
    Aren't dragons a superior race to squids?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Glarb View Post
    Any guildgroup is awarded XP.
    This counts for Dungeons, Raids, Rated BG's and Arena's.
    Thats what I thought but we were receiving no guild experience for a guildie 2s team. I don't think we've been getting them for guild heroics either. It looks like we get small amounts when we get achievements but...

    Its kind of depressing after hitting the cap in a few hours the first few days to probably never getting the cap again.

  6. #6
    Fluffy Kitten Rivin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Posts
    13,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Redtah View Post
    Thats what I thought but we were receiving no guild experience for a guildie 2s team. I don't think we've been getting them for guild heroics either. It looks like we get small amounts when we get achievements but...

    Its kind of depressing after hitting the cap in a few hours the first few days to probably never getting the cap again.
    Guild achievements don't award experience anymore. It sounds like something is displaying incorrectly to you. Have you tried with addons disabled?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    Guild achievements don't award experience anymore. It sounds like something is displaying incorrectly to you. Have you tried with addons disabled?
    I thought they just didn't give guild xp past the daily cap?

    Edit: just looked it up and no xp at all wtf? another kick in the crotch to small guilds sweet.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Téuntjûh View Post
    remember, the guild awards are no needs, they are just fun extra's!
    Youll get them eventually in a really small guild, just work hard for em.
    (Or join a good raiding guild)
    This type of reply really annoys me. No offence, I'm sure you're a great person. But it's like saying 'Only the big guilds can have fun in this game' or 'Small guilds just need to work 10x harder than big guilds'. Now if you're sat in a big guild, that's wonderful. I'm sure it makes perfect sense and theres no issue with it. But when you're in a small guild, it's the most annoying thing in WoW. I get so annoyed with this theory that some players should work harder than others to get the same rewards. It's simply not fair.

    Why shouldn't a small guild enjoy the same perks as a large guild? Ah forget it.. I'm going to go off on a rant again and it's been done 100 times before so I'll spare you all.

  9. #9
    Fluffy Kitten Rivin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Posts
    13,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunky View Post
    I thought they just didn't give guild xp past the daily cap?
    They hotfixed it entirely out shortly after release.

    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...erience-change

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    This type of reply really annoys me. No offence, I'm sure you're a great person. But it's like saying 'Only the big guilds can have fun in this game' or 'Small guilds just need to work 10x harder than big guilds'. Now if you're sat in a big guild, that's wonderful. I'm sure it makes perfect sense and theres no issue with it. But when you're in a small guild, it's the most annoying thing in WoW. I get so annoyed with this theory that some players should work harder than others to get the same rewards. It's simply not fair.

    Why shouldn't a small guild enjoy the same perks as a large guild? Ah forget it.. I'm going to go off on a rant again and it's been done 100 times before so I'll spare you all.
    Exactly what i get annoyed about, i completely forgot those big guild people pay extra for their game...o wait!

  11. #11
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    37
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but this is what blizzard was "aiming" for.
    They wanted to make it beneficial to be in a guild with many members, and that being guildless or in a small guild should not be that beneficial.
    Me and my friend have our own alt guild, we will probably never be able to lvl it up to 25, but we don't realy care. Thats where you have to make a decision, either you have to invite more active players to your guild, you can join some other bigger guild OR you can just cba about the guild lvl and benefits and enjoy your stay in your small guild.
    Not all WOTLK players are bad

  12. #12
    Do quests and daily's give guild xp at level 85?

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Elitelink View Post
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but this is what blizzard was "aiming" for.
    They wanted to make it beneficial to be in a guild with many members, and that being guildless or in a small guild should not be that beneficial.
    If you can find me a blue poster or blizzard member saying this, I'd be very grateful.. because if that's true, it's news to me and my friends in game. I'm not accusing you of making it up.. I'm genuinely curious that I've missed some change in thinking from Blizzard when it comes to guilds. It may explain a few things.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Racetrack View Post
    Do quests and daily's give guild xp at level 85?
    They do, but that seems to be the only way to level your guild at 85.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    If you can find me a blue poster or blizzard member saying this, I'd be very grateful.. because if that's true, it's news to me and my friends in game. I'm not accusing you of making it up.. I'm genuinely curious that I've missed some change in thinking from Blizzard when it comes to guilds. It may explain a few things.
    I swear i read that blizzards guild leveling was designed for all and that it didn't matter if you were in a small 10 man raiding guild or 25 man raiding one as you would all level at the same speed. Thats one of the reasons theres a leveling cap per day, the big guilds reach it with minimal effort and the smaller ones have to try a little harder. Which i thought was fine until they nerfed the hell out of the exp the guilds gain...

  16. #16
    I hate to say it, since I run one, but small guilds are pretty much so screwed at the moment.

    Achievements no longer award exp.
    Completing Quests, rewards 25% of exp gained now.
    Killing bosses with 75% guild members in the group.
    Doing Rated Battlegrounds with 75% guild members in the group.

    Doing any of those with a roster of 10 or less is not going to work very well.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

  17. #17
    Guild groups give guild xp also. I run a small guild and we have been doing 2-7 dungeons and/or heroics per day with groups of 4-5 guild members and capping our XP every day. We have a few people doing a handful of dailies too.

  18. #18
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    If you can find me a blue poster or blizzard member saying this, I'd be very grateful.. because if that's true, it's news to me and my friends in game. I'm not accusing you of making it up.. I'm genuinely curious that I've missed some change in thinking from Blizzard when it comes to guilds. It may explain a few things.
    Sorry mate, didn't find anything. Was a long time ago that i read this (Yes, i'm 98% sure i read this), but it's possible that they changed it later. And as there is a cap, it should be possible, just harder to keep up with the bigger guilds.
    Not all WOTLK players are bad

  19. #19
    The problem actually is that only massive guild can hit the cap without pain. And by massive, i speak of guild with more than 75 daily active members...
    For me, co-leading a 10-raid guild with 12 to 15 daily active members, the 2 last changes about guild progressions have crushed any hope of getting level 25 in a plannable future... We will get it in one year or 2... because each of our actions may be a little step to this achievement... but I can't force any of my members to do the impossible... Since a large half of us have hit the 85 level, we can't expect that questing XP will flow every day...
    We are doing a few guild dungeon but as some of our key players are a little behind we can't form many guild run each day and this is the same about arena and battleground...

    We will probably reach level 4 today and will probably try to get level 5 as soon as possible but this will be the last level we will try to reach fast.

    I expect that Blizzard will take into account that huge guild aren't the best guild model... and will then modify the guild progression system in a way that will be less penalizing for little (dungeon) guild and mono-raid ( one or 2 10-roster or one 25-roster)

  20. #20
    The Patient doombledore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    stockholm, sweden
    Posts
    211
    im in a -50 ppl guild (most of them are alts of the higher lvls in it) and i think we get about 5% of max cap each day().
    to answer your question: doing dailys (and finishing leveling zones at 85).
    If Pinocchio says: My nose will now grow.
    What will happen??

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •