Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Addons for Resto Druids.

Hey, I recently went from being Balance into Restoration, since there's a huge need for healers at the moment in my guild. I've been looking around for an add-on or something that I can use that will tell me more clearly which HoT's I have on my target, and the stacks (lifebloomx2, x3, etc.) I have had no luck trying to find one. So my question to you guys is:

What add-ons do you use for Restoration Druids? I'm talking about Raiding, I really don't PvP so I could care less about that.

15+ Year Old Account
    i personaly use healbot, but a lot of ppl will flame me down for saying that as grid + clique is what modern dat healers use but its a pain in the ass to set up, healbot is a lot easyer to set up :P
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Personally I went with Grid combined with GridStatusHots when I raided with my ex-tree. It took some setting up but it worked out awesome in the end. There are some others out there too, like Healbot etc. A matter of preference really. Do note that these are raid frames though, don't know if there is any addon that adds hot tracking on Blizzard's default raid frames.

vuhdo is the best healing mod i've used by far. The number of options and features available to you is amazing. It works perfectly fine out of the box, and the customization options go through the roof depending on your personal likes. Just set your spell keybinds and you are off to the races.

Deleted
    Just choose from Healbot, Grid+clique or Vuhdo, they're the 3 main healing addons at the moment and they all do the job fine.

But if you're a beginner, healbot or vuhdo may be simpler at first (to set it up).

PS: if you choose healbot, deactivate Smartcast (if it still exists)

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    If your just starting out, use healbot. after you find it easy, switch to grid-clique. will take time to setup but in the end, you find it easier than healbot and alot easier to heal.

grid+mouseover macros are how i heal. it is so easy you just move your mouse over grid and press a button.

GridStatusHots is currently broken. If anyone has a known working alternative for use with Grid, please post.

10+ Year Old Account
    My preference for healing is mouseover macros and Grid with GridStatusHots (not broken, by the way. Just make sure you get the alpha release from WoWAce.com.) I've found this to be the easiest way to heal, since I already use a lot of keybinds for playing, anyway. If you're more comfortable with clicking, then Grid + Clique, Healbot, or Vuhdo will probably suit you better. Personally, I'd recommend Grid + Clique or Vuhdo if you're clicking, but I simply don't like Healbot.

I use Rewatch personally. It has everything you're looking for and it's relatively easy to config.

10+ Year Old Account
    VuhDo. By far the best healer add on I've used.

Deleted
    Healbot reccomended over Vuhdo for ease of use, but both suit the job ok. I just think Healbot explains the setup procedure a lot better than Vuhdo.

As for Grid, I looked at it once and the nthought, sod this piece of complicated madness for a game of healing toy soldiers!

10+ Year Old Account
    Vuhdo, FOR RESTO DRUIDS, is easily the best addon out right now. It gives more options than healbot while using less resources and having less bugs and issues as grid.

The only endgame druids I've seen that haven't switched are the ones that just don't feel they need to, but Vuhdo gives options both others cant.

In the end, a healing addon is a healing addon. Doesn't matter which you use unless you are hardcore PvPing or top end raiding.

I used vuhdo for awhile, but i stopped using it for a reason I now forget about. The Default raid frames does show how many Lifeblooms are on a person, rejuv/Regrowth on a person and ect.

I've never tried vuhdo so i cant speak for it (may try it after reading Myrrar's post tho). Grid is very easy to work with and i like it because i can configure it to show who's in my range. That being said i like Quartz as a hot tracker, the only thing annoying about it is it only shows the duration of hots on your current target, which you can do with blizz raid frames...
    #1 Resto Tree Slap DPS

vuhdo, it has essential tools that neither healbot nor grid have

1. healbot does not have swiftmend indicator (which should take into account all other druid's hots not just yours)
    2. grid and (not sure) healbot do not have cluster aoe indicators
    3. grid is a pain to set up, will take A LOT of time to set up optimally that's why grid users are unwilling to switch after they invested so much time. Vuddo u can heal in the next 5 min, spend another 15-30min to optimize it.

edit: don't take me wrong, I'd be willing to spend more time setting up grid if it had more and better features than Vuhdo, but it does not even match atm.
    Last edited by kooz; 2010-12-16 at 08:26 PM.

I personally use x-perl + clique.

But that's what I've been using since MC in Vanilla...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kooz View Post

1. healbot does not have swiftmend indicator (which should take into account all other druid's hots not just yours)
    3. grid is a pain to set up, will take A LOT of time to set up optimally that's why grid users are unwilling to switch after they invested so much time. Vuddo u can heal in the next 5 min, spend another 15-30min to optimize it.

edit: don't take me wrong, I'd be willing to spend more time setting up grid if it had more and better features than Vuhdo, but it does not even match atm.
    This plus, anything you can customize with grid you can customize with Vuhdo and a lot easier. being able to use hot bars are amazing to me, but you can use corner hots like grid or in a row like healbot too if you like. When there is an update/patch, it's one DL instead of a ton. Anything else, you can make it look and function exactly like grid and healbot + more.

Also, anything you don't see on vuhdo you can ask for. The developer is very active with his users and addon, having his own web site and forums where you can report bugs and request things. It's really just a step above everything at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kooz View Post

I disagree that Vuhdo is easier to setup. When I downloaded it to try out, I spent hours trying to get it setup the way I needed for healing, and even then I still couldn't get certain indicators to show up, or to sit in the positions that I wanted them to be in. Grid takes me five minutes tops to configure from a fresh install, but I suppose it's because I know exactly what I'm looking for and what I want to do. Doesn't hurt that I used Resto4Life's Thinking Within the Box(es) guide to get Grid setup the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephriem View Post
    Hey, I recently went from being Balance into Restoration, since there's a huge need for healers at the moment in my guild. I've been looking around for an add-on or something that I can use that will tell me more clearly which HoT's I have on my target, and the stacks (lifebloomx2, x3, etc.) I have had no luck trying to find one. So my question to you guys is:

What add-ons do you use for Restoration Druids? I'm talking about Raiding, I really don't PvP so I could care less about that.
    Vuhdo is the best thing out there right now. No mouse over macros needed or other addons ontop, all you need is vuhdo.