Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    definately an exploit

Deleted
    IT is just a unfair player. Maybe is it allowed, buit it is not nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdris View Post
    That is entirely reactionary and oversensitive. The point is that RP servers don't allow PvP. I understand that other types of servers function this way as well. I just happened to use one example; no need to get so ridiculously offended.

Would it get you out of your hugbox if I said "...non-PvP servers..."?
    You know what also doesn't allow PVP? PVE servers. You know, one of the most common type of server, the more general kind of server. When you say "Go play on an RP server if you don't like PVP" it plays on the common misconception that players who role play do not/can not PVP.

And your last comment makes you out to be rather callow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    seriously, most of you won't play that game anymore in 1 months.

Boub has a time machine?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashoto View Post
    It's totaly fair! PvP is what it is! No one said it has to be fair. Or... you can stay and duel all day and think you're pvp-ing
    I agree, PvP mans Player versus Player. it doesnt say it has to be fair. does it REALLY matter that much to cry about. you run back to your body, woop dee doo, If you find somewhere where a gaurd cant get you and neither can a player, 1 up for you, if somene else is killing you from there, then that sucks, deal with it.

rez then continue doing what you were doing. Really not that big of a deal. or kill him yourself, if you can't, thats unfortunate, maybe more practice and less QQ would help a bit.

.. lol even my non wow playing sister said this would be a fair situation.
    Last edited by pureblood867; 2010-12-26 at 08:10 AM.

Rofl I gotta admit, I do this alot on my shadow priest out in Uldum near the Rep vendor. So many afkers by him i just roll dots on them and watch as they run/fly away to death.

On a side note, I used to do the same thing in Wintergrasp above the vendors.

Basement Wizard Extraordinaire!

It's PvP. Deal with it and counter it. It's bad enough that 'camping' is now considered greifing in PvP servers. Can't help but laugh when thinking how anyone who reports this sort of behavior would of lasted in Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
    The problem is, placing yourself somewhere the guards can never reach you and killing people in a sanctuary zone is called exploiting. Just because dickheads have done this since the day the servers went live doesn't mean it is allowed. How about using that brain of yours for a change?
    I dont think its an actual Sanctuary zone. Had a good 30 minute match with a DK right on the edge of the Argent Tourny border where it swaps between Sanctuary and Flagged, and every time he would step in, I would run back and wait for him to step out so I could charge him.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEverydayDre View Post
    So i was questing on my alt today in hyjal, I enter the inn and 2 mins later im being hit by Wrath... Im like wtf this is a pvp free zone. I get killed... I fly up and there is a druid on the roof... I dot him with flame shock, i get killed by the guards... I watched this druid for a couple mins while i was questing, he was killing afk players who were in side the building. And guards could not kill him because he is standing on top of the roof. So im like fuck it im going to hop on my main and camp this dude.

I log my lock, i kill him on the roof by sneaking up on him. But then he respawns and typhoons me off the roof. And guess what!? The guards kill me!

I continued to watch him, i was q'ed for lfg. So i decided to protect the area, killing him when i could. Because i knew he would typhoon me. This guy easily killed a couple dozen people off this cheesy glitch.

I reported him to GM, a couple other players were talking about him in defense. So i told them report him.

Some guy out of no where said...

"LOL what plant do you live on, why would you report him..."

Im like "thats grieving..."

Then he says "pvp is greifing"

I reply.. "pvp is fighting each other... Not standing on roofs and glitching guards..."

How do you guys feel about this tactic, its going to be far more prevalent now that flying is everywhere.

First and foremost, the most important thing about this thread is this... you can see who is a douche bag, and who is a normal person by their response to this question.

Simply put, there is no way to defend his actions. Anyone who does so, is of the same type mentality as the guy in question.

He is explointing a dead zone that guards won't attack him, and he is doing it because his chosen class/spec allows him to knock down anyone who would challenge him with typhoon.

Obviosly there is a dark part in each of us that would enjoy doing what he is doing, but most of us don't. And if you do, you should at least be able to recognize and admit you are exploiting and doing something 'not right'

Again, there is no defense to this. If you try and defend it, you are revealing yourself to be a douchebag.

it is exploiting, people used to do it back in classic and they changed the guards and banned a few people iirc
    funny that they'd make the same mistake 6 years later

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would have to agree that guard evasion is wrong but ganking people unfair,cheap,sad but not really illegal.

10+ Year Old Account
    PvP is PvP. There really isn't much you can do about it besides get on your main, kick his ass, then mock him when calls up about 5 of his guildies to help because he has to take advantage of loopholes and have someone hold his hand to PvP. That's my usual situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Standing on the rafters in the inn, try to go to Ysera to get quests you are dead. Try to talk to quartermaster you are dead. Try to defend yourself guards kill you. Set foot inside the building you are dead. Ticketed a GM, since there were people hiding around the graveyard also killing. Working as intended. Attempts to dislodge found rogues and druids in stealth around boomkin. As well as a healer also in hiding. Again, working as intended. Nobody could quest, talk to the vendors, or do anything for six hours. Working as intended that was bull shit griefing. Level 85's camping quest givers and quartermasters.

Quote Originally Posted by sscavenger View Post
    Standing on the rafters in the inn, try to go to Ysera to get quests you are dead. Try to talk to quartermaster you are dead. Try to defend yourself guards kill you. Set foot inside the building you are dead. Ticketed a GM, since there were people hiding around the graveyard also killing. Working as intended. Attempts to dislodge found rogues and druids in stealth around boomkin. As well as a healer also in hiding. Again, working as intended. Nobody could quest, talk to the vendors, or do anything for six hours. Working as intended that was bull shit griefing. Level 85's camping quest givers and quartermasters.
    This is good to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by sscavenger View Post
    It's not actually working as intended. You know it, and they know it. They know there is a problem, but they can't talk to you about it and take sides, especially on a pvp server.
    It's simply a coding problem involving the guards and dead zones, and trust me, they fix things like that if the issue is big enough.

if they're exploiting a function of the game, i report em. or camp them for several hours and then i never see em again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldrad View Post
    First and foremost, the most important thing about this thread is this... you can see who is a douche bag, and who is a normal person by their response to this question.

Simply put, there is no way to defend his actions. Anyone who does so, is of the same type mentality as the guy in question.

He is explointing a dead zone that guards won't attack him, and he is doing it because his chosen class/spec allows him to knock down anyone who would challenge him with typhoon.

Obviosly there is a dark part in each of us that would enjoy doing what he is doing, but most of us don't. And if you do, you should at least be able to recognize and admit you are exploiting and doing something 'not right'

Again, there is no defense to this. If you try and defend it, you are revealing yourself to be a douchebag.
    if your going to go around and call everyone who agree with this exploiter a douchebag then you should think about the topic a little bit more.

IT IS A PVP REALM.
    This means if you see someone of the opposite faction, KILL THEM.

it doesnt necessarily say do it while exploiting, but if someone does find a way, then good for tem let them have ther fun for awhile.
    but if you choose to be on a PvP real you are obviously looking to PvP, and should not complain like a scrub when you lose in a fight. i'm sure all of this wouldn't have been an issue if mr warlock would have killed mr boomkin.

moral : if you choose a pvp server to level on, DEAL WITH IT. if not transfer to an rp/pve realm.

also, if your bad at pvp, then you shouldnt be on a pvp server.
    Last edited by pureblood867; 2010-12-26 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexxil View Post
    You know what also doesn't allow PVP? PVE servers. You know, one of the most common type of server, the more general kind of server. When you say "Go play on an RP server if you don't like PVP" it plays on the common misconception that players who role play do not/can not PVP.

And your last comment makes you out to be rather callow.
    So, when someone's complaining that they got ganked on a PvP server and someone suggests that they go to an RP or PvE server, how is that not the most reasonable suggestion? Either fight back or go someplace where it's not an issue.

Damn, you RPers are oversensitive. Just because I used RP servers in my suggestion doesn't mean you need to take it personally.

So, when someone's complaining that they got ganked on a PvP server and someone suggests that they go to an RP or PvE server, how is that not the most reasonable suggestion? Either fight back or go someplace where it's not an issue.

Damn, you RPers are oversensitive.
    Are you lacking the ability to read? Suggesting someone goes to a PVE or an RP server is fine. Why? You're including both, by saying bluntly "Don't like PVP go play on an RP server" is implying that they are obviously an RP'er because they don't like PVP. What if they were not a role player? Sending them to a role play server just seems like a silly idea to me.

Damn, you generalizing people are judgmental.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    seriously, most of you won't play that game anymore in 1 months.

Boub has a time machine?!

10+ Year Old Account
    PvP is sometimes find intesting ways to kill people True pvo is almost never fair.

Damn, you RPers are oversensitive. Just because I used RP servers in my suggestion doesn't mean you need to take it personally.
    You didn't suggest he go to "an RP or Pve server" like you are now claiming, you simply said "RP server", implying RP servers are bad at pvp, but really going to an rp server is a bad suggestion, because the opposite of PvP is PvE not, RP. there's no such this as a server that implements both the rules of a PvE server and a PvP server simultaneously, because those two are opposites, but there are RPPVP Realms that have both the rules of an RP realm and a PVP realm, so if one were to go from a PvP realm, to one of the RP realms that's also PvP, they would still be gankable, and griefable, and therefore the aformentioned problem that started this thread would not be solved.