Deleted

Question Warrior or Shaman

So, me and 2 friends just started playing arena again, they are Resto druid and Frost mage, at the moment i play Elemental Shaman.
    And we are doing fine, we got alot of snares and crowd controls.
    But i have always played a melee class and got a warrior in level 81 or so, and with a magic dispel from the druid,
    and snares from the frost mage i think a warrior would be able to stay at target and then might be more valuable then a Elemental shaman.
    I could of course also change to Enhancement shaman, but with the new lava lash ability that scales with searing totem, i dont know if a warrior will be better.

So my question is if a Arms warrior/Enhancement shaman would fit better with a Resto druid and Frost mage then a Elemental shaman?

Deleted
    Myself believe that this season meele classes will prevail since elemental shamans in WotLK they could switch targets and get their hp from 100% to 30% in 2-3 GCD's and with the new HP pools that aint gonna happen in cata, I'd go with a warrior

But thats just my opinion

Warrior would mean melee forever :O

If you switch to warrior you would lose Purge, I've played some arena as Enhancement and I bet I would really miss to Purge away enemy Bloodlust and buffs.
    But it's often hard to get up 5x Searing debuffs on a target in 3v3 or 5v5 because of target switching, so real burst damage is harder as enhancement shaman than warrior I guess.

Another reason for picking warrior is two-hand weapons, when your playing enhancement you're pretty much stuck in dual-wield, I've tried some Cataclysm PvP as 85 with a two-hander and it's still useless, except against rogue's for some reason.

meeh, I don't know, tbh I think you should go for warrior if you're in love with melee, but on the other hand, enhancement has some cool stuff and alot of people knows very little about enhancement and don't really know what to do against them. Feral spirit + bloodlust is still awesome, using the right totem's at the right time is really helpfull for yourself and your group,and of course you have the amazing Earthbind with talents which removes movement slow effects on your whole group.

GL picking your class, don't think I made it any easier for you tho

Shamans are never really good unless you're one of the few people that are with some people that have a perfect team sync so that you're actually viable. Go with Warrior; you'd be 100% more useful to your teammates.
    1. Search feature never works for me 2. No, there isn't a thread answering exactly what I'm asking for

Do not roll a shaman for PvP purposes.

Especially not Enha in PvP, they are just useless compared to other melee.

Either is a fine choice,

First thing to say: the mage already brings a lust to the table, so consider your shaman bringing one less unique buff than usually.

Arms Warrior + Frost Mage would be better burst, If you want to play your shammy though, I think you'll have better success with enhance than elemental this season, pairing your Enhance with a frost mage is good since you will be able to close the gap very easily.

Play around with it, find out how you like Enhance in arena and have fun with your friends.