dwarfs and archeology.

would like a quick response.. i heard from a guildie, that dwarfs get an archeology buff or something.. like they survey faster or something

is this true? do they get anything kinda benefits when it comes to Archeology? ty

Deleted

I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Its currently bugged according to most dwarfs, as in you dont survey faster. I am unsure on the additional fragments tho. This could well have been fixed in the last patch but i have no data backing me up here.
    Last edited by Jyuken; 2010-12-16 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Spelling, weird sentences

Could you stop linking Explorer please, it was bugged up until now and could be bugged still. I also want to know about this and i would like some solid information from in game itself. Could any dwarves share their experiences with archeology after this buff. What is the cooldown on survey and how many fragments are you getting per dig?

Quote Originally Posted by Fichek View Post
    Could you stop linking Explorer please, it was bugged up until now and could be bugged still.
    Why stop linking it? That is what dwarves get. If you want specifics, survey is half a second cast rather than 1 second, and we have a chance at getting 2 extra fragments from my experience. Hard to tell the percentage, but I would say at least 50%.

I am 170 lvl in archeology(Dwarf) and I usually find 4-6 fragments with each survey... mostly 6. I also find many keystones! Dont know if all classes find the same number of fragments.
    According to the "can survey faster" part, I guess it is not referred to the survey cd but to the time it takes you to survey. For me it is 0.5 second to dig for each fragment with a 5secs cd!

Quote Originally Posted by Malladin View Post
    Why stop linking it? That is what dwarves get. If you want specifics, survey is half a second cast rather than 1 second, and we have a chance at getting 2 extra fragments from my experience. Hard to tell the percentage, but I would say at least 50%.
    Because tooltips often have no relation to the actually in game state, and the racial itself was bugged until recent hotfix. So i'm not interested in partial and mostly useless info that i may get off a tooltip of a skill that may or may not be working, do you understand now?
    Btw, thanks for your trouble Alphamage. I was hoping that survey cooldown would be lowered rather than lowering 1sec cast by 0.5sec. That doesn't help much
    Btw, can some max or close to max arch dwarves tell us what's the number range of fragments per dig site. Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Fichek View Post
    Because tooltips often have no relation to the actually in game state, and the racial itself was bugged until recent hotfix. So i'm not interested in partial and mostly useless info that i may get off a tooltip of a skill that may or may not be working, do you understand now?
    Calm down. The tooltips answered the OPs question, so they were perfectly relevant to post.

As a dwarf at max level, I get 3, 5 or 7 fragments each survey. I have never had an even number since I passed skill level 75.

Quote Originally Posted by Malladin View Post
    Calm down. The tooltips answered the OPs question, so they were perfectly relevant to post.

As a dwarf at max level, I get 3, 5 or 7 fragments each survey. I have never had an even number since I passed skill level 75.
    And that is how you should have replied in the first place. Thank you. So that means that dwarves get 5 fragments per dig on average, while others get 4.33333 (we get 3, 4 or 6). It's not much of a difference as i thought it would be. But if you really are getting more greens then it does pull ahead quite decently.