Deleted

Feral-DPS threat

Uhm, short question, am i the only one or do you guys create a giant amount of threat when ur dpsing? Almost every time when i'm doing heroics i keep aggroing from the tank ...
    most of the threat obviously comes from the bleeds, but still :/ am i doing something wrong? or do you all have that problem?

Oh yeah and cower doesnt help that much ...

You're not the only one, nope. Just the other day, my guild was doing sarth3D for kicks, and I went in as kitty. And after a few button presses, I was tanking for a short while while the tank was trying topull back off me. Literally had to stop everything to get rid of the threat. Cower's meh. But I've managed to work it completely into my rotation. But if RNG is generous that day, cower won't do much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't play Feral but I do have the same issue on my Rogue. Feint is pretty much useless.

for me if i get tanking dk or pala its +/- ok, ill cower 1 or 2 times @start and later on if i get close, tho on pug hero if i get bear or war its geting brutal.. i need 2 cower every cd and still can hold agro for quite some time :/
    cry out

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, same problem with threat here. Press two buttons and presto!

Wtb cower buff?

Deleted
    :/ damn

i hope its cuz they all got rage issues, it really messes up my damage

Yup. Even after stopping everything on sarth at the start, I came in second by a very close margin. But, i digress; just cant perform at full potential right now.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tanking was changed, and on low lvl bosses such as Sarth tank's wont have instant mental threat, wait till he takes a massive firebreath and watch vengeance skyrocket.

You're supposed too hold off on threat for 5 - 10 seconds atleast depending on tank gear and the boss in question, if it's still a problem from then on, you need better tanks

That would have to be most all said tanks I've run with on my server. :F That being said, I've gotten back into ye older practice of giving tanks a 30s headstart (got back into this mid-wrath), case I well and remember the days of hancer shammy raiding in bc (and dying every other pull xD).

The main issue with threat is right at the beginning of a fight. Remember, tank threat is balanced around vengeance and tanks simply have no vengeance the first 5-10 seconds of a fight. So unless they are getting MDs and tricks, those first couple seconds can be dicey...especially if you charge in and ravage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakkmur View Post
    The main issue with threat is right at the beginning of a fight. Remember, tank threat is balanced around vengeance and tanks simply have no vengeance the first 5-10 seconds of a fight. So unless they are getting MDs and tricks, those first couple seconds can be dicey...especially if you charge in and ravage.
    Yeah but still some tanks do manage to keep their threat high enough even at the start of the fight.

Also ffs i need dps or my raidlead will kill me !
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtvIYRrgZ04
    hahaha jk :P

Quote Originally Posted by TheMenace View Post
    Yeah but still some tanks do manage to keep their threat high enough even at the start of the fight.
    As a bear I often start on bosses with Berserk + Mangle to death, that gives a little headroom for the dpsers. As a kitty I just wait until I feel it's ok to start and use cower now and then.
    Feral4Life since 2005
    cpu: Intel i9-9900K mobo: ASUS Maximus XI Extreme
    cooling: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro gpu: ASUS RTX-2080 Ti
    ssd: Samsung 970Pro, 960 Evo, 860 Evo sound: sadly onboard
    case: Silverstone Fortress 2 Limited Edition (WRI) (I love that beauty)
    ram: 32G G.Skill 3200 C14 display: ACER X27 (G-Sync HDR IPS)

Quote Originally Posted by Velanis View Post
    Don't play Feral but I do have the same issue on my Rogue. Feint is pretty much useless.
    That's what tricks is for.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deng View Post
    As a bear I often start on bosses with Berserk + Mangle to death, that gives a little headroom for the dpsers. As a kitty I just wait until I feel it's ok to start and use cower now and then.
    1st : like your signature

but yeah if im going bear i almost never have problems with that

15+ Year Old Account
    On trash where more than 2 mobs will be tanked DPSers should give tanks, especially bears, a short headstart for aggro. But on bosses, especially with bears, DPS can go full out as soon as the bear reaches the boss. Berserk + mangle spam is insane aggro. Insane.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
    On trash where more than 2 mobs will be tanked DPSers should give tanks, especially bears, a short headstart for aggro. But on bosses, especially with bears, DPS can go full out as soon as the bear reaches the boss. Berserk + mangle spam is insane aggro. Insane.
    bezerl whit mangle spam pwns for tanknig 2 or 3 mobs

on bosses first get 3 lacarates + pulverize so you get mroe crit on your bezerg + mangle spam
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    Neither Cower nor Feint (rogue ability) are useless now. They just take % of your threat down and just after the pull it is very small amount of threat. Just need tricks/misdirects and a bit headstart for the tank. But if you're approaching tanks threat later in the fight, one cower will take away a lot of threat. Don't cover 3 seconds into the fight, do it a bit later and it's usually enough.

to make it simple: 5% of 10k threat is 500 - nothing, but 5% of 1M is 50k which isn't that bad and 5% of 5M is 250k threat which is a lot.
    Last edited by mmoc690e711bc5; 2010-12-16 at 03:13 PM.

As a warrior i always in a instance for example mark a target for sheep (my brother plays a mage so i always have one).. I charge the grp and TClap then shockwave and pull back like 7 yards so my bro can sheep his target (other CC if needed). This gives me a little head start for the DPS'ers... because as soon as the mobs get anywhere near melee range everyone is like a bloodthirsty pirahnna "OMG TOP CHARTS MASHHHHBUTTTONS RAAAHHHHH." I switch targets pretty much nonstop to keep aggro on all the mobs.

Any tank who isnt using Tidy Plates threat plates i feel sorry for you.