Since it happened on this forum.

I would like to say that some of the MOD's on this are abusive of power. 3 day ban for something said that was NOT flaming anyone it was replying to a simple post. YOU banned me for that? I hope you banned everyone else in that forum as well cause everyone was doing the same thing. But a 3 day ban for something that was not even a violation of TOS. I never flammed anyone. I stated facts. I now see why ppl say NOT to post on this forum that the Mod's abuse the power. It is true . Call this a flame if you want. just understand that its NOT fair to send out a 3 day ban for a first offense that wasnt even an offense . I would like to know how i can speak with about this casue the MOD that did it should ban the whole thread if they think the way I was talking was flaming someone. Does anyone know who i can speak with regarding this cause that one MOD is out of controll

Agreed, incoming ban hammer though.

i dont care i have lots of emails i can make names on. they really need to stop with the power abuse

Deleted
    Meh, rather overacting mods than no mods.
    The guys help keep this place in order in their free time so we can enjoy the game in ours, I see no right to whine.

Maybe a link to your old account and the post that got you banned might win people over?
    Otherwise I call troll.

I was posting on the healers suck. I posted vaild points. And I was banned for Flaming how is stating facts flaming ? I sent the admin a message about how it was pretty dumb i was banned for something i didnt do

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bunnyownzu View Post
    i dont care i have lots of emails i can make names on. they really need to stop with the power abuse
    And this is inline with your 'i can see why people say to stop posting here'? I suggest having a silent protest instead.

Maybe you "stated your facts" in a rather harsh manner ? Sometimes it's not what you say, it's how you say it.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Deleted
    Hiya folks!

Moderation, admin, never get it right, just remember that, the old saying, you can please some some of the time, but NEVER all all of the time!

I have 10 years experience of online moderation, admin, chat admin, server side admin and all that crap and I can say threads like this do not surprise me now when rules are tightened up somewhat ;-)

Ok, so we have a ToS, which I have looked at and it is pretty comprehensive, and fairly water tight, it needs to be from what I have seen in the past on here and cleaning it up is no bad thing. A lot of posts were non constructive, flaming, trolling, and down right disrespectful and rude and all that had to be trawled through to get to the informative posts. It wastes peoples time, and will actually turn others away from posting. You begin to get the same old groups posting, and others not posting due to fear of being trolled or flamed.

I have watched this forum for some time now and there wasn't a lot of action against this. New xpac, new MMO, new rules, and the trolls and flamers as on any other forum kick up a fuss when the ban hammer falls. Nobody EVER does wrong of course ;-)

The next thing I expect is the old "freedom of speech" rubbish, read up what that law actually is before you even think about posting that here as it does not apply on private forums online, it is NOT a public space ;-) This is MMO space, you are here as a guest on their forum and as with any private space you abide by the house rules.

Generally, when making a post on a forum, you need to go back and read what you have typed to check whether it is inflammatory, rude, something you would not take offence to if written to you, is it something you would say face to face and not being said just because you are hiding behind a screen, and is it constructive to the thread title and adds to the depth of discussion etc. It doesn't take much to double check what you are posting.

Member/moderator disputes never get resolved on the forum, it is best to contact an Administrator and request POLITELY they look into the matter giving clear indications of why and where you think that moderator was in error, once they have done so, accept their decision gracefully. If you send an email full of abuse etc, don't expect any action being taken.

At the moment, on here you have new moderators, give them a chance, some may never have done this thankless task before and are on a steep learning curve, and if you have any disputes on their handling of situation, email an admin, it will get resolved far quicker ;-)

Reminds me of the adage that in prison everyone is innocent, so they say.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've been here for about 2 years and I've noticed it increase. As stated, changing IP Address and unlimited e-mails will get around it easily.

I'm a God, just not the kind you should tangle with.

15+ Year Old Account
    A) Don't ban evade, just appeal your ban. If it was unjust, the other moderators will call the offending moderator out on it and it will be removed from your account. It does happen, and not just rarely. Everyone makes mistakes.

B) This isn't the place to discuss moderation. If you aren't banned and have a problem with moderation, PM Boubouille or Sunshine. Trust me, they will set us straight.

C) Locked due to point B.
    Last edited by Simca; 2010-12-16 at 12:56 PM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Deleted
    Funny, you didn't even try to appeal your ban, and it only lasted a few days. If you think there's ever abuse or you were banned unjustly, you appeal it. The whole team reviews it and decides what to do, the moderator who banned you does not get to vote. But instead you just earned yourself another ban and this'll look bad on any appeal you decide to make later
    Last edited by mmoccc32bf69b9; 2010-12-16 at 12:43 PM.