10+ Year Old Account

Tip about rogue pvp

Hi m8's.

I've been planing for a long time to lvl a rogue and go pvp at lvl 85. only thing is i dont know much about rogues.
    kinda noobish since I've played since the first week of Vanilla.
    any advice for specc etc. ? :]

thanks.

Rogue 101
    -Spam CDs and if they aren't dead, run away
    -If you can't win a fight run away and attack someone when they're already midbattle
    1. Search feature never works for me 2. No, there isn't a thread answering exactly what I'm asking for

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRising View Post
    Rogue 101
    -Spam CDs
    This is what you shouldnt do if you wanna get decent ratings.

depends on what arena endevours you going to take 2v2, 3v3, 5v5 and the comp. of those teams, then if in case more superior dmg or high crit to counter balance the dmg reduction on resi and high survival, in my perspective all trees in cata have high value in pvp its all about your game style blizz made that way in game design for cata in all class's, as of rogue im using sub spec got 2 alternatives the 2/8/31 and the 8/2/31 first for sustainable dmg 2 for high crit set ur backstab and the use of ur shadowstep skill while using crip and numb poison will be a must in this spec work your way on to timing the stuns either kidney and let ppl use trinkets go shadow dance and stun ambush the hell out of the target, ofc this with team play with ur arena team m8s, again shadow step can be of the outmust usefull here u can shadowstep to a caster and kick or in case of blood elf use racial which is what i do in my case, really powerfull stuff ahhh survival tools also alot better in cata which basacly are all the new rogue spells from cata and recuperate

Quote Originally Posted by Ganza View Post
    depends on what arena endevours you going to take 2v2, 3v3, 5v5 and the comp. of those teams, then if in case more superior dmg or high crit to counter balance the dmg reduction on resi and high survival, in my perspective all trees in cata have high value in pvp its all about your game style blizz made that way in game design for cata in all class's, as of rogue im using sub spec got 2 alternatives the 2/8/31 and the 8/2/31 first for sustainable dmg 2 for high crit set ur backstab and the use of ur shadowstep skill while using crip and numb poison will be a must in this spec work your way on to timing the stuns either kidney and let ppl use trinkets go shadow dance and stun ambush the hell out of the target, ofc this with team play with ur arena team m8s, again shadow step can be of the outmust usefull here u can shadowstep to a caster and kick or in case of blood elf use racial which is what i do in my case, really powerfull stuff ahhh survival tools also alot better in cata which basacly are all the new rogue spells from cata and recuperate
    I am crit by a wall of text and suffer irreversible brain damage.

Tips for a rogue? Try not to use CS as an opener because it's on shared CD with KS. If you're looking to pvp I'd go with assassination or shadowstep. Not worth it to roll without daggers post TBC.

probably the brain dmg could already be there before u read.
    why is not worth to try combat?? have you tried?! im gessing you didnt tried yet in cata which does not have anything to do with wotlk, cata is really a diferent breed i urge for you to try the spec before u can vouch for something that you cant prove i can surelly say combat spec can be very successfull with dps healing combos rogue just has the most decent survival in cata which makes combat a spec to try

Quote Originally Posted by Ganza View Post
    probably the brain dmg could already be there before u read.
    Maybe if you understood the concept of punctuation your idea would be communicable.

Combat has utility according to EJ, but at lower levels of gear it is simply not competitive. Talking 10% less DPS.

In arena, there is even less utility from it because of a serious lack of burst.

Ferals > Rogues atm

kinda sad =(