Poll: Should node phasing happen?

Gathering and Phasing... HUGE problem.

So... I was out in twilight highlands earlier today and I noticed a severe lack of herb nodes, now I should say that i got to 85 very quickly and had the advantage of herbing the zone for quite some time by myself, or at least with very little competition, however i went back to do some of the quests since the new x-pac lore seemed very enticing to me, and it phased out tons of the zone.

Now my map (using gatherer) is PEPPERED with nodes, all over the place, very crowded, and it showed in those first few days of farming, but now after having phased out the zone through questing, I see nodes that pop up, and then disappear without being grabbed by somebody else, then when I phase out of that area it pops back up again, if I fly back, it just despawns once more.

I could farm thousands of twilight jasmine in a matter of hours in twilight highlands with little to no competition before phasing, but now it seems like most of the nodes don't even exist anymore, there are lots of people hitting 85 and getting more into gathering/profs, so I don't expect to be able to farm at such proficiency anymore, but is the phasing out nodes of all kinds really intended? It seems to push people away from questing in the new zones, just due to how much phasing there is now. I can say I'd rather level through dungeons on my next gathering toon so that the nodes for my specific gathering profession will be visible to me in the entire zone.

Is there a fix coming for this? Or is it intended to be this way, being punished in the area of professions for pursuing quests and lore?
    Last edited by Illunis; 2010-12-16 at 12:57 PM.

Deleted
    Think I saw a blue about decreasing the respawn rate of mining and herb nodes in twilight highlands. Gonna try to find it...

I don't think the respawn rate is the culprit when nodes are blinking in and out of existence...

I've seen this behavior as well, but at the time I thought it was just an isolated bug affecting one node. I didn't consider that phasing could be the cause.
    Dual Wielding: Equipping one weapon in each hand. Utilized by enhancement shamans, warriors, rogues, DK's, hunters.
    Duel Wielding: Equipping a rabid feral gnome in each hand and watching them inevitably tear each other into little gnome bits. Utilized by bored tauren warriors and also frequently by forum posters who can't spell "Dual Wielding."

yeagh they nerfed the amount of nodes spawned because who ever it was who setup the placing went nuts with the quantity that nerf was a hotfix about 2-3 days after launch here's a link to the blue post its under proffessions.

Phasing is a problem. I saw two mining nodes I couldn't get in deepholm. When I would get close the phase would change and they would disappear. Then they would reappear when I got further away.

What's worse? Having the nodes be in the phase OR having people taking the nodes in the phase. I guess Blizzard was tired of getting 100,000 reports everyday about hackers stealing nodes when they were simply players that were phased.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogrihai View Post
    Think I saw a blue about decreasing the respawn rate of mining and herb nodes in twilight highlands. Gonna try to find it...
    Respawn rate has nothing to do with it, it's a terrible bug/error with phasing... I've encountered numerous mining nodes that appeared on my mini map and then when I got closed they just simply disappeared... Sometimes they would pop back and I was able to mine them, but not always.

You're missing an option: Phasing DOES NOT happen.

Nodes are in all phases, untill one player snatches it.

While certainly intensely annoying to fly up to an herb and reach to click it, only to have it fade out of existence, I hardly see it as a HUGE problem. There are still plenty of herbs all over the zone outside of phased areas to pick.
    Originally Posted by Daxxarri (Blue Tracker)
    What you're experiencing is world PvP on a PvP realm. I realize that it's not for everyone, but it's not something that we plan to adjust. The harsh reality is that life on a PvP realm can be difficult, and if you aren't prepared for the rigors of playing on such a realm, then it's probably in your best interest to transfer to a normal realm, or, if you cannot afford that, then consider creating a new character on a normal realm.
    Grim Campfire

I got the same problem with a handfull of mining nodes in twilight highlands, so yeah, it would be nice to reach the nodes in all phases and not just some of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parynziux
    So, you are clearly the biggest nerf to your class. Hush.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby John Kenobi View Post

Definitely not true. I've seen nodes phasing out when I move close, and phasing in when I move away. It's like Blizzard is saying "Can't touch this".

Nodes should phase IMO. It would be annoying to see it vanish because another player in another phase gathered it. But nodes shouldn't spawn outside of the phasing zone. So basically if you see it, you should also be able to gather it.
    Last edited by Kabbalah; 2010-12-16 at 01:23 PM. Reason: more OT

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby John Kenobi View Post

No.
    @80, with no quest done, I was mining in Hyjal: yellow dot on minimap, fly down near obsidium, it disappears. Fly away, yellow dot reappear. I repeated 3 or 4 times in one minute and the node always disappeared as soon I was near to reappear when I was far enough.
    In TW instead, I see lot of Elementium but NO herbs at all.

Well I encountered that prob in Hyjal too, where I wanted to grab some stacks of Obsidium with my lvl 80 farmtwink. Two nodes were on the minimap and despawned before my eyes when I came close.

Funny fact - if u can manage to reach the node and click while u see it vanishing u can finish the process, but dont get the ore - anyway u get the experience and skillpoint (if not maxed). Did it several times - the node didnt get away, but I could skill mining kinda fast with that.

Deleted
    hehe, I noticed the same and was thinking at the same time.. YEAH Blizzard got a way to catch all the botters!.. they are going to be stuck flying back and forward to the same place and then Blizzard can use the IWIN button on ehm!
    but on the other hand.. I found it quite irritating.. needed just one more node .. but the next 10 mines were vanishing away

my spelling is bad I know, tried to better myself
    Last edited by mmocf2265759d4; 2010-12-16 at 01:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WitchMoon View Post
    Well I encountered that prob in Hyjal too, where I wanted to grab some stacks of Obsidium with my lvl 80 farmtwink. Two nodes were on the minimap and despawned before my eyes when I came close.

Funny fact - if u can manage to reach the node and click while u see it vanishing u can finish the process, but dont get the ore - anyway u get the experience and skillpoint (if not maxed). Did it several times - the node didnt get away, but I could skill mining kinda fast with that.
    Strangely enough this works with the flight paths that are phased there also. You can get them, and even fly to them. You just can't fly from them.

This really is annoying, guildwars 2 is doing something interesting by having a node spawn and it stays around a certain period of time. When a player mines it that node phases out for that player. Looks really interesting.

This isn't nearly as irritating as the nodes spawning inside mountains, and in unreachable areas all over deepholm though.

I've had this happen with mobs as well, for instance, I was in plaguelands... the lower leveled one (never quested here ever) and had the quest to kill the hunters and the foxes, I "zoned" into <random farm name> and my fox disappeared and I zone back out and he is there again.