Cata leveling, Prot vs Ret?

Hey there, I'm going to level my paladin (holy) and I wanted to know which leveling spec is better? I've started out as ret, but the RNG is killing me, how is prot working?

Ret blows after 82, you start to loose all your combat ratings and enjoy being a low self heal melee class with low dps

Prot uses the same rotation and has a much better time, provided you weave in some instances you'll be able to equal Ret's time, but given the relative difficulty of dungeons you may want to avoid them without a solid group, so you may end up doing questing so much Prot doesn't level out, if you can grin and bare Ret till 83/4 it starts to level out and you get used to your limits a little better, but it is still pretty dull

i leveled as prot i had no issues pulling 4-5 mobs at a time using word of glory to heal

Prot, pull every mob you need and heal yourself through it. Very good AoE damage and very good healing making questing much easier. Though be careful on PvP servers, mine the horde are scrubs and only gank you when you are half health or have mobs on you.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    wow, just on guild chat asking this same question. going Prot to 85, thanks for the posts!