Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Are Warriors Dead? Your Views?

Hey Guys,

So I rolled a Warrior Worgen to try out the class and then i get to level 9 and a horrible thought dawns on me - the servers are still quite busy but I don't see any other Worgen Warriors about and come to think of it don't see them at all that much anywhere.

What are your views - Is the Warrior class dead?

I saw LOADS of Worgen Druids!

What do you think the most popular class is for Worgen and Goblin so far?

[Edit: Asking which class you should play is not permitted.]
    Last edited by Mijen; 2010-12-16 at 03:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warriors aren't dead. Not many people that wanted the worgen/goblin deal re-rolled entirely. Thing is called Race Change, I see worgens and goblins EVERYWHERE in the new zones...Besides I'd perfer less warriors cause that means there is a greater need for them in raid groups, unlike wrath where they were EVERYWHERE
    Warrior For Life

I know maybe one Warrior who is playing on an Alt until our class is beefed. Personally I find it challenging to stay Prot Warrior, but I weathered through the difficult points in wotlk as a warrior and I will in Cataclysm.
    To be married on January 21st, 2011.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most people dont play warriors because the only faceroll spec is fury. Othe specs require skill to play, so most people don't roll the best class in WoW.

The warrior class is alive and well.
    Reroll? That's something you have to decide for yourself.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

I love prot for everything. My dps is actually high while raiding or doing heroics and pvp wise it takes 2 people blowing all CD's to kill me.

On my server Perenold, I re-rolled a Worgen Warrior from lvl 1. Hes level 57 now and I still havent seen another Worgen Warrior. Or another warrior for that fact. I've been doing a lot of dungeons and I would say I have seen 85% Paladin Tanks and 15% druid Tanks... still have never even seen a prot warrior yet. I guess that works out for me cause then I'm the only Warrior. To the OP, dont re-roll just cause other people are doing something else.. play what you like. If the warrior is fun for you, play it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashield28 View Post
    Most people dont play warriors because the only faceroll spec is fury. Othe specs require skill to play, so most people don't roll the best class in WoW.
    ^ This is interesting - so you would say overall the Warrior is the best class to play? Or the most simple to pick up for noobs? or both?

Quote Originally Posted by Mijen View Post
    The warrior class is alive and well.
    Reroll? That's something you have to decide for yourself.
    Yep, think i will stick with it a bit longer - need to be higher level to make an educated decision.

---------- Post added 2010-12-16 at 03:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by aragorn1ring View Post
    On my server Perenold, I re-rolled a Worgen Warrior from lvl 1. Hes level 57 now and I still havent seen another Worgen Warrior. Or another warrior for that fact. I've been doing a lot of dungeons and I would say I have seen 85% Paladin Tanks and 15% druid Tanks... still have never even seen a prot warrior yet. I guess that works out for me cause then I'm the only Warrior. To the OP, dont re-roll just cause other people are doing something else.. play what you like. If the warrior is fun for you, play it!
    Yep thought this might be the case and you have confirmed it for me! Hail a fellow Warrior!

Going to stick with it I think mate!

Quote Originally Posted by WOWKings View Post
    Hey Guys,

So I rolled a Warrior Worgen to try out the class and then i get to level 9 and a horrible thought dawns on me - the servers are still quite busy but I don't see any other Worgen Warriors about and come to think of it don't see them at all that much anywhere.

What are your views - Is the Warrior class dead?

I saw LOADS of Worgen Druids!

What do you think the most popular class is for Worgen and Goblin so far?

[Edit: Asking which class you should play is not permitted.]

I have a Pally Tank, Warrior Tank and DK Tank.

I just rolled a Worgen Druid tank.

So yeah I'm one of those new ones.

But I consider my Warrior to have the "best toolset" for tanking period. They are really the penultimate tank, you wont regret it.

arms is dirty in pvp. prot is amazing for tanking. fury is right there with them from what ive seen from other fury warriors in my guild. my arms dps in single target boss fights is right there with everyone else if i dont fuck up (very unforgiving spec mind you) but other than that warriors are fine. if the majority of the player base went with whats good then you would see frost dks and ferals running around with a shit ton of frost mages and thats it. everything is pretty well balanced atm so dont go by what you see in the starting areas.

My guild has two active warriors, before cata we had only one active warriors...
    One of them who is slightly better geared then our 5man team from last night topped our dps charts twice.
    once as fury/arms(not sure which) dps and once as prot dps, he found if he worked his rotation out to maximmize his damage and second time his agro as well...
    I came in second on the first run as ret paladin and mage third then paladin tank.
    Fir wen Warrior, Mage, Druid, Me, Shammy healer, on Grim Batol, No wipes, Only death was the mage wasn't paying attention and fell off... >.>
    So I don't see why more people aren't warriors they seem to be pretty sick if you know what your doing...

Warriors are far from dead, but a warriors early levels are extremely boring up until they get some of their main abilities that make playing a warrior actually fun.

Warrior's are in fantastic condition, especially Arm's PvP.

For the first time in a long time I'm not feeling as reliant on a healer to get a good amount of kills in BG's.
    Sonics - Argent Dawn EU
    Mahurum - Argent Dawn EU

Quote Originally Posted by WOWKings View Post
    ^ This is interesting - so you would say overall the Warrior is the best class to play? Or the most simple to pick up for noobs? or both?
    quite the opposite actually. playing a warior requires skill so it wouldnt be good for noobs to excel at it. prot to be good means you need to know the spec and abilitys to really hold threat. arms is the same. fury not so much it is rather facroll since you dont need to maintain a bleed but thats the idea of a fury warrior... a raging berzerker swinging wildly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashield28 View Post
    Most people dont play warriors because the only faceroll spec is fury.
    I don't agree with this. You actually need to manage your rage quite well. You can't just spam Heroic Strike as if you were an Arcane Mage spamming Arcane Blast because you will run dry on rage with one or two hits.

Also, as for pvp. I did some fury pvp yesterday and I was amazed by how good (Or maybe even a tad overpowered) it is!

As soon as I saw Worgen (months ago) I knew that I had to make a worgen warrior. Going to make him SMF or dual wield Grand marshal's Claymores for awesomeness.

Hang on, so the only reason you decided warriors were dead was because you didn't see many new low level worgen warriors in comparrison to druids?
    Maybe warriors are a more common class so many folks already have one? It's still a bit of a strange conclusion to come to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Deleted
    Bad warriors die. Good warriors get Victory Rush from the Killing blow, charge a rat and live!

No, warriors arent dead. The only reason I cant see too many in my heroics is because I already join with a warrior guildy and blizzard succeeds in mostly not giving us another warrior.. also we did have a 4 warrior one paladin once

Worgen Druids are swarming because they are the only alternative to nelves for alliance. Same reason why we get so many tauren paladins now. People wanted to be horde and paladin but hated their belves. FIXED

You dont see worgen warriors in particular because warriors play the same since vanilla, the changes only come up later on. much later.
    Also, just a guess, you missed most worgen warriors because they are currently in rnd heroics.

to answer the illegal question: if you cant choose what class to play choose what class NOT to play. do this repeatedly until one class is left.

idk if i'd say its dead, but they are still doing immense crits on my rogue, 20k overpowers + 25k heroic strikes, and thats when i've got 900 resil
    on Membrane, Ravencrest-EU

CLICK THE PICTURE/ACHIEVEMENT ILLUSTRATION!

Other than a Rogue who hit 85 in my Guild the next 6 or so 85's were Warriors. I play a Protection Warrior and have seen a lot of Worgen Warriors also on the server Vek'nilash EU. So I believe they are still around. I'm only in normal questing gear with 110k HP but I find playing Protection easy, great DPS and Threat and personally see the problem as your server only but from what I played on beta Worgen Warriors were fun.