Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    Is this thread fo'real? It's like: "please don't give to the homeless, they'll buy drugs with that money." kind of thinking. Don't try to hide your greedy ass behind saving the realm economy or whatnot, asking obscene amounts for shit that cost you nearly nothing to make is 100% motivated by pure greed, so cut the bullshit.
    What's even better? The OP is a friggin' Jewelcrafter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    People always say this, but it's not that simple. Not at all.

On my server, for instance, we were selling Shadowspirit Diamonds for 700g. They sold really well and moved every day. One night I log on to see someone has posted like 20 of them for 299g.

This boggles my mind, I can't imagine why he would do such a thing, 299g is below the cost of the green gems alone. So I buy all of his up. Almost instantly he has another huge batch up at 299g. I comment on it in my guild and get the usual, "lol you dummy, just buy them all and relist." replies so I tell them to go do it themselves. They do so, and again almost instantly there's another huge batch up at 299g.

When you're dealing with these full-time auction house crazies, it's never as simple as just buying them out. For some reason these people feel the need to completely crash the market on certain items, they seem to have endless time and gold to dedicate to it, and they're not going to "play ball" with you or other sellers to keep the price up.

I'm sure a lot of it stems from the Gevlon way of thinking where it's better to sell 10000 things at 1 silver profit than 1 thing at 100 gold profit.
    300g means the guy get his gems for less than 34g each, which doesn't seem realistic. Yeah, he probably made a loss on turning those gems into Shadowspirit Diamonds.
    Either that, or he got very lucky with the xmute procs.

Anyways, I would never try to monopolize something that can be mass produced without too much hassle.
    There are better items for that.
    Last edited by Cortenzo; 2010-12-17 at 09:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphta
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet. And this is coming from a DPS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    Is this thread fo'real? It's like: "please don't give to the homeless, they'll buy drugs with that money." kind of thinking. Don't try to hide your greedy ass behind saving the realm economy or whatnot, asking obscene amounts for shit that cost you nearly nothing to make is 100% motivated by pure greed, so cut the bullshit.
    some of us have alchemy mounts to make :P
    let's talk to the npc selling bottles of SAND for 24k and an empty bottle for 5k first shall we?

Deleted
    I respect people like that, makes me think that not everyone is actually a gold whore like rest of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexiaa View Post
    This rage will fall on deaf ears. I have had many discussions with the people who put things up with those ridic undercuts...most of their responses can be averaged to this: "I don't care - it will sell faster that way" OR one of my favs: "Hey I'm still getting money for it"
    I will vastly undercut on green or blue items, those "of the monkey" level 29 leather pants or those "of the eagle" head pieces, because I do NOT want them coming back to my mailbox as I'll just vendor it. For profession created items, there should be some middle ground on what should be a good starting min/max prices.