Deleted

So about this mob tagging thing..

Ok I am quite sure this kind of post have been made before. But I haven't atleast been able to find it even though I searched alot here on the forum and on google etc.

Now the question:

So Athene once again got a world first (yes they got banned in wotlk and all that but was way ahead of everyone else). And apparently he was mob tagging this time around aswell. But outside instances this time, thus making it legal. My question is simply: How do they do it?

I mean, I have tried mob tagging just for the fun of it with a few mates but never got the hang of it. Now as an example me and a friend is level 85 and another friend is 80. So we were thinking about him mob tagging and we killing the mobs. The thing is that he doesn't seem to get the huge ammount of exp that Athene manages to pull of. Why? Do we need to be lower level than he is? I.e our friend starting at 80 and we just keep killing for him until he reaches 85?

Simply put: How do you actually mob tag?

Deleted
    I can only assume, the player you wish to level simply Tags a mob (meaning he does any source of damage to it) then the other helping players kill it for him. Granting the player XP for the kill.

Deleted
    Well yeah. The thing is that the mobs we have tried tagging will grant him roughly 500xp. Which is by the way at the same spot Athene used in his video. And I can't imagine getting 80-85 in little over five hours with 500xp/mob

wondering the same question,i know when you tag a mob it does not give you full xp ,just small % of it depending amount of dmg you done,no idea how can he do some much xp in 5 hours

Deleted
    The mobs tagged were higher level than him i believe, and the sheer numbers of mobs tagged more than made up for the reduced XP per mob.

Deleted
    I see. Guess I need to find more people to be able to pull this of then

Deleted
    Athene had a lot of people helping him, Not just 3 friends. Don't think you'll find enough people (if you want to make it faster than questing/dungeons) who want to spend their time doing this tbh.

pretty retarded as only one guy gets the glory yet 10-15 guys did the work...just my opinion. unless he paid me real money, i wouldnt spend my time to do it. you are pretty much admitting you another guy's b*tch.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wowplayer View Post
    pretty retarded as only one guy gets the glory yet 10-15 guys did the work...just my opinion. unless he paid me real money, i wouldnt spend my time to do it. you are pretty much admitting you another guy's b*tch.
    There are very few World First anythings that that did it without some kind of gimmick. Sure, the dude that took 2 days on your average, backwater server, probably leveled like everyone else.

But any person who level capped in 10 hours did it with help. Period. No exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by ErayoEU View Post
    Well yeah. The thing is that the mobs we have tried tagging will grant him roughly 500xp. Which is by the way at the same spot Athene used in his video. And I can't imagine getting 80-85 in little over five hours with 500xp/mob
    Part of the other reason is that you guys are 85 -- This reduces the amount of xp per kill someone can get. This is the pattern when in a group and when someone else kills the mob after you "tagged" it from what I've seen. Factor that in with higher level mobs and that could be why. Everyone he had helping him started at level 80 and went up so those factors weren't played into it.

Quote Originally Posted by wowplayer View Post

He even states in this video without there help he could have never achieved it. Do some research before accusing someone.

I don't knoW if anyone has said this but, afaik you can't be in the group with the ppl helping you. You are alone no group, you tag the mobs everyone else kills them for you.
    wtf??!11?? I'm transforming to carrot, amagad!

Quote Originally Posted by Zer0shift View Post
    I don't knoW if anyone has said this but, afaik you can't be in the group with the ppl helping you. You are alone no group, you tag the mobs everyone else kills them for you.
    ^ This. If you're in the same group you're leeching your friends XP from him.

Deleted
    Well yeah ofc.
    My main concern was him gaining a whole lot more exp than us. In his video you can see him getting 5435 exp from kills at level 84.