Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Anyone else playing more than one character at a time in Cata?

If so, what classes are you all playing?

I am trying to level, gear and play (heroics/raid/pvp) 4 toons at the same time. Pally, DK, mage and rogue.

Anyone else here playing more than one "main" at a time like I am?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ershiin View Post
    Oh.. My.. God..
    This is petty beyond belief.

Why dont we start complaining about how M&Ms should be color coded while we're at it?
    Or how it should be called a Burger with Cheese because Cheeseburger is misleading?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I have severe altoholic syndrome mixed with completionist tendencies (but only for silly stuff). My favorite server is currently full up.

- Human Paladin
    - Night Elf Warrior
    - Blood Elf Rogue
    - Night Elf Hunter
    - Worgen Mage (my new frost mage )
    - Blood Elf Warlock
    - Tauren Druid (feral)

I have more, but those are getting the most time right now. I do whatever strikes my fancy. I'm not a heroics/raid person, more of a questing/mini-pet gathering/lore reading/PVP person. I kind of miss not doing raids because I miss out on the lore/exploration aspect, but oh well, just not enough hours in the day.
    "Work is da poop! NO MORE!" - Disgruntled Dragonmaw Peon

Yep, leveling several tank classes, but I'm not tanking, it's just easier to take on 4-5 sometimes more things 1-2 levels higher and not come close to dying, same as Wrath - no different at all really. My casters on the other hand, struggle if overwhelmed - mana issues mostly.

Druid, DK, Warrior, Priest, Mage, Shaman in cata zones, hunter, rogue in the old world leveling areas.

The topic title made me think you were talking about dual-boxing...

My warlocks is at cap and my DK isn't far behind. Next should be my pally, shaman, and druid.

My poor hunter has been neglected so much...

IMO the biggest pro of leveling multiple character at the same time is that you get to abuse rested XP to its fullest.
    The biggest downside for me personally would be going through the same zones/instance multiple time in rapid succession (can be somewhat mitigated by taking alternative leveling routes and doing pvp).

All in all it definitely beats rushing a single character to level cap, for me. Gotta love rested XP.

With how annoyingly pathetic drops have been for me, I've only been playing my resto shaman. I did play for about two hours on my mage and got her to level 82 with 2 levels of rested XP.

Quote Originally Posted by Maeleena View Post
    With how annoyingly pathetic drops have been for me, I've only been playing my resto shaman. I did play for about two hours on my mage and got her to level 82 with 2 levels of rested XP.
    Kind of in same boat, not getting many tank drops on my warrior, however am getting lots of off-spec dps drops lol. Just leveling mage up with rested xp, though mainly just for JC money making!

Yep. Check the sig

Playing my Druid at 85, leveling 3-4 more toons at the same time... A lot of this is due to having a bunch of irl friends at all different level ranges too.

Playing my 83 Warlock with my BF so he can get to 85 on his Shaman. Also leveling a Goblin Shaman to join up with him, as my new main.
    It's not infectious, but it is technopathological.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    my alts are mostly being played to level professions, nothing more...for now

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mage, Hunter, Druid, DK. So far the DK hasn't done much, but the others are leveling profs, and then leveling when they have rested xp. I had to level my druid to 82 so he could farm ore and herbs in Deepholm so I could level alchemy on my mage So basically if I'm bored with the leveling/questing grind, I go do some farming or profession leveling. Archaeology is interesting, and not too bad on a mage.

I've been concentrating. Getting my DK up and geared for raiding is priority "1". Once she has a raid ready set I'll probably be more leisurely about my other toons. Since my guild asked me to raid lead and I set up a standard of "no one who is not geared and ready will raid", I kind of have to push myself to get someone geared and ready... Be a bit embarrassing to have to have to kick myself out of my own raid...

Deleted
    having got my shammy to 85 and raid ready i have got my warlock to 84, warlock is for pvp shammy for PvE healing :-)

I had seven 80s going into Cata. I didn't know who was going first and it ended up being my DK which spoiled me. My Mage is so much harder to level than my facerolling DK.

I made goblin warlock, equiped him with the best heirloom and chants available (no shitty Healing Power to staff, he got Spellpower!), got him to Durotar... and stopped playing him. I'll get back to him eventually, but my main comes first.

Idk about you guys but I think my problem is that im just too ADD or something. I cant just play one toon throughout the WHOLE expansion and what not. I get bored REALLY fast even with a toon that can do all roles (pally, druid, etc). So I have to play at least 4 or 5 to get each aspect. One month I may feel like tanking with the DK...the next month I am feelin some healin lol. The next month I want to just pvp only with my rogue..etc.

I have these periods of where I log in and have no clue who I want to play or what for...so I just go with something. Call me a "casual" if you want but I never really go hardcore (yes I will kill Deathwing just like I killed LK in wrath..just not in the first week like some pros). So yeah...idk how some of you pick a class and play with it for years nonstop without switching. I cant even go 8hours straight without wanting to cast a bit (if im on a melee toon).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ershiin View Post
    Oh.. My.. God..
    This is petty beyond belief.

Why dont we start complaining about how M&Ms should be color coded while we're at it?
    Or how it should be called a Burger with Cheese because Cheeseburger is misleading?

Deleted
    I am currently only playing my main warlock want to get him geared for raiding for when guild catches up but soon starting an goblin hunter but on topic no only playing the one charater

Currently playing my Rogue and Pally both of which are 85.

Doing Heroics on my Ret and leveling a Shadow priest for raid progress.

I switched my main from my lock to my Dk with the release of cata. The next toon I plan to level is a Goblin Fire mage.