Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Positioning is a problem. and the reason for that problem is that stupid mob movement. When TC is on cd or mobs are stun immune, you run around and do circles like if you were on drugs. You can hardly avoid hits in the back. And if then a boss decides to make a cone attack (3rd boss shadowfang for example), the drama begins.
    Threat is no prob at all. Marking skull for 1st tgt and you don't even have to cc (except of some cases of course)
    Using surv cds at the right time is not a problem. If you tried 1 or 2 times an encounter, you will know when its time for o-shit-buttons.
    Positioning and mob movement is an issue. But i don't whine about, i have to handle it and thatsfore i am tank.
    As far as i experienced cata heroics so far, saving healer's mana is the real challenge. Interrupt, whatever is interruptable and avoid the void-zones.

Looking forward to the nerfs... Erm, the buffs I mean... Wait...

I really liked GC's last Blog post about Tanking and Vengeance. This one, though, could be the most unclear thing I've read in some time.

Playing a Tank though, it definitely feels easier (threat) than it should be.

Deleted
    Threat has never been in a better place than right now. Not so sure why he posts about it. Maybe a lot of inexperienced players complaining about it?

Oh God... not again. Its been too early since the 7 days free trial. No... NOOOO! I must resist! Muust... resist... aaaaaaaaa!

What I find ridiculous is they expect threat to be an intricate part of gameplay and they give us nothing work with it. Oh, yay we have a needle and a little percentage number by the enemy portrait, that tells me so much! I know that an easy fix is to just use omen threat meters and I do, but I know hundreds of players who play this game with no addons what so ever. Dealing with paladin after paladin after countless paladin that didn't have pally power and would let like 1/4 to 1/2 of the raid go without blessings because he had no addons. I've met some really good players that don't believe in addons too(one of them was able to get to a 2300 rating with no addons. I salute him). Its a player choice and they can't just assume we all use addons and have omen as one of those addons. The in game threat indicator is really piss poor and really doesn't tell us much. I didn't mind back in vanilla wow because the standard blizzard ui was very bare and they had a lot of work to do and the treat meters back then were actually pretty good and accurate. I didn't mind back in BC because again, the standard ui was very bare and they had other stuff to do (though I really hated the times when omen and the other threat meters broke from patches and they wouldn't get fixed for weeks). I didn't mind in wotlk because threat wasn't an issue. Now in cata they have added a lot to the standard interface and they really have no excuse. They need to add a detailed threat watcher to the standard interface if they really want threat to be an incredibly important factor in PvE.

This seems like a precursor to a threat nerf. Even when I'm self-healing with all my holy power, I'm double the threat of the nearest DPS -- and close to triple the threat of the next closest DPS when I SotR. And I'm hardly well geared (average worn iLevel of 334 or something, and I can't get a weapon to drop in a dungeon for the life of me). I'm guessing that's not intended.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a serious nerf to Vengeance soon. I think GC is just preparing us for disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackass View Post
    Wrong. Using your D&D example, healers and other squishies were positioned at the back of the party so there was a reduced chance they take damage. The concept being that the high HP classes took the brunt of the damage. The 3 roles in WoW are fine.
    Clerics had d8s for hit dice, wore the 2nd best armor category, wielded melee weapons, and could even use shields. So not only were they anything BUT squishy, but they couldn't hit anything in not on the front lines.

Of course, warriors are supposed to take more hits. But that doesn't mean a mage should take NO hits. And that's all WoW is made of -- any non-tank can be 2-shotted, even 1-shotted by a boss. What's so bad about 50% of the boss' swings hitting the tanks and the other 50% spread out amongst the other raid members? Why is it all or nothing, all the time?

Threat is stupid. No intelligent combatant behaves that way. We should expect more from our gaming experience.
    Last edited by toddiuszho; 2010-12-20 at 09:21 PM.

Deleted
    Cool story bro