Any tips for someone just starting the 80-85 content?

When Cata dropped, I decided to start fresh with a brand new level 1 goblin. I'm getting through Northrend now, and am hoping to start Hyjal or Vash'ir very soon. Since people have gotten a little over a week to play around with the new content, I'm looking for any tips I should keep in mind along the way. I've already asked some of my RL friends and here's what I've gotten so far:

-To explore most of the dungeons (BRC, Abyssal Maw, Uldum Instances) at 78 before I start questing so that I don't have to go back and explore them when I want to run them.
    -To do every quest in Deepholm to be sure to unlock Therezane rep.
    -To start in Hyjal so that I unlock the rep for the helm enchants.

Just wondering if anyone can add anything that would help me hit the ground running. I have a bunch of time off work for the holidays and I'm hoping to play some "catchup". Also, is it wise for me to be starting my questing at 78, or should I hit 80 in Northrend before starting?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Starting in Hyjal is really awesome, when you've done roughly 15~ quests or so you can pick up the quest to go to Blackrock Caverns. This will ding you if you kill all bosses inside plus get you some sick loot. Then it's just to quest quest quest.
    I wouldn't bother exploring at 78 cause you get quests for it when you're questing your way through the area.
    Have alot of food/drinks on you, the number depending on what class you play and how you struggle to kill mobs. Cause in twilight highlands, you're gonna be facing 100k hp mobs which will hit you like a.. uhm... brick.
    Have clean bags with alot of space, only sell once you're like full.
    Have some really good music while leveling is key for me, so make a playlist or somit which you enjoy. I prefer like dubstep while leveling cause it relaxes me and makes me think of other stuff then doing the quests. While some quests might be new and interesting, there's still alot of Kill X of those, pick X ammount of that etc.

Hope that helped, didn't have time to write any more - Good luck and have fun while leveling, it's really enjoyable.

Oh yeah, don't explore throne of tides. It's not that good of an instance which doesnt give you alot of XP either. Do it when you ding 85

Rush as fast as you can through MH/Vashj'ir and Deepholm so that you can get to the awesomeness that is the Uldum and TH zones. They are by far the best two zones in the game, with truly epic quests/cinematics.

- Don't mess with the dungeons till you're 80. Seriously. They will kick your ass at a minimum level, and your group won't like you. Consult Wowhead and your LFD to figure out their location and the max recommended level and go from there. Consider waiting in 30 minute queues at level 83 for a "81-83" dungeon, and not at level 81.

- Cataclysm quests are extremely linear, to the point of never having more than 3-4 quests at a time for 1 zone. The default quest helper is nice, but if you want speed, all you need is Carbonite.

- Level 85 is very hard to get right now, so save every type of role/ spec you can think of while questing and replacing gear.

IIRC, don't you have to be 80 to start the new zones anyway? I remember lots of whining about that.

News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.