Farming Volatiles.

Sorry if this was posted before. Just wondering where a good spot to farm each of the volatiles. (besides gathering)

Air probably vortex pinnacle. Twlight highlands has alot of elementals running around it so that would be the place to check

Volatile Air - Enslaved Tempest, southwest of Twilight Highlands;
    Rest - AH, the best place to farm.
    [the Insane] 25-04-2010 / [Thunderfury] 11-05-2010

Besides gathering? I dunno if you're including fishing in that, but if so you need to rethink that. Apparently you can fish any pool in the game even at skill 1 now, so that's a viable piece of advice. Unless I am just wrong, but then I hope somebody corrects me.

Volatile Fire - Fish up in Pools of Fire in Mount Hyjal or Twilight Highlands. Four pools each on a 12-15min respawn timer.
    Volatile Water - Any Cataclysm zone pool (other than fire). Uldum worked well for me.
    Volatile Earth - If you had mining, I'd suggest the elementals in the starting Hyjal area. Without it, no idea.
    Volatile Air - I'd love an answer to this one myself. I tried the Scions of Al'Akir in Uldum, but they are far apart and drop it rarely. I hope there is a better spot.
    Volatile Life - Other than herbalism? No idea.

Volatile Air is disappointingly difficult to get.

1) Scions in Uldum
    2) Vortex Pinacle, where most of them will go to the rest of the party
    3) Being Engineer + Gather profession.

Would be nice if there was more options.

Quote Originally Posted by Pojodan View Post
    Volatile Air is disappointingly difficult to get.
    3) Being Engineer + Gather profession.

Would be nice if there was more options.
    Yup sucks being a engineer without a gathering professiong. I miss my clouds

Quote Originally Posted by dewolf View Post
    Volatile Air - Enslaved Tempest, southwest of Twilight Highlands;
    Killed 10 of these, got 2 Volatile Air.

If you have an alchemist you can transmute volitile life into either air, fire, earth, or water depending on the respective zone you do the transmution in. It requires 15 life and you will recieve 14-16 of the other volitile. The lifes are farmed quite frequently with other herbs just like in wrath...however it doesnt take 10parts to make 1.....in an hour i can easily get more than 20.

How would an engineer with a gathering prof get volatile air?

Quote Originally Posted by zox View Post
    How would an engineer with a gathering prof get volatile air?
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=95703

I miss clouds as well... maybe we'll get some soon. =)
    ------------------------------------------
    Graybeard AH Junkie

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Yup sucks being a engineer without a gathering professiong. I miss my clouds
    Not only does it suck.
    As an engineer since the first time my hunter could train it some 6 years ago and JC since I "had to" become guild crafter during BT in BC, I feel like I have to bend over forward and like it...
    I'm sore disappointed and quite annoyed with the way we engineers are being treated currently!

Quote Originally Posted by BeKay View Post
    Not only does it suck.
    As an engineer since the first time my hunter could train it some 6 years ago and JC since I "had to" become guild crafter during BT in BC, I feel like I have to bend over forward and like it...
    I'm sore disappointed and quite annoyed with the way we engineers are being treated currently!
    I feel like blizz just did a very poor look over this profession. Cant make crit cog wheels. Go from having awesome tinkers like parachute and nitro boots to ones that are ehh. If you dont have a gathering profession your screwed over basically. My miner is on a alt so its either spend lots of money or spend lots of time trying to get the air needed

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    I feel like blizz just did a very poor look over this profession. Cant make crit cog wheels. Go from having awesome tinkers like parachute and nitro boots to ones that are ehh. If you dont have a gathering profession your screwed over basically. My miner is on a alt so its either spend lots of money or spend lots of time trying to get the air needed
    same thing here, have eng on my main and mining on my dk (On a Pale >>>) but my farming alt doesn't have eng -.-

was it really that hard to make it BoA?