Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Highmitsu View Post
    ... How the hell did you get to that? I mean more troll fragment spawns.
    Well that's what I get for knowing nothing about archeology

Quote Originally Posted by Apellosine View Post
    when i tried flying to it i ran into a barrier and almost ran out of fatigue trying to get back to the mainland so i'm pretty sure that this does not work. I usually have to wait till i'm in Stranglethorn zepplin back to org, port in, hearth back, zepplin back to stranglethorn and then keep going. It is very annoying to clear one of 2 night elf spawn points on the Eastern Kingdoms when i'm after troll spawns.
    It's very possible. You don't even have to choose the shortest distance. On a 280% I just casually fly east at any point and haven't had an issue.
    Last edited by paloalto; 2010-12-16 at 09:49 PM. Reason: said west, meant east

Umm...there's a FP that goes directly to UC. What's the problem?
    I'm sorry, but i just have to tell you that you are an ignorant, closed minded fool, and you need to chill out, think more, and quit being such a douche. Your responses are shrill, closed minded, and ignorant. You need to think outside the box sometimes, and realize its blizzards game and you are not ghostcrawler.

Deleted
    No offense ma'am, but I don't like things being jammed down my throat, and if you're so fussed with lore, I'm a horde, I don't want any affilliation with disgusting night elves, thank you very much!

Now that I have that out of my system... more troll spawns please.
    How is it "jammed down your throat"? You don't have to do it. It's a fun thing. If it lacks fun for you, don't do it.
    Last edited by mmocedbf46d113; 2010-12-16 at 09:53 PM.

Because if there's 2 arch spots in Vashj'ir (I think you can get up to three) it severely limits your other arche progress in Eastern Kingdoms.

Judging from some of these posts, it almost sounds like people aren't using the Flight Path to and from Vashj'ir.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverware View Post
    Judging from some of these posts, it almost sounds like people aren't using the Flight Path to and from Vashj'ir.
    because taking the long flight to uc and then down to stranglethorn is worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Silverware View Post
    I think you are missing the point. Personally, I wait untill I have two spawns in Vashj'ir. But, if those spawns then respawn in Stranglethorn, and you'd have to take the FP to UC, you'd just end up losing a ton of time.

Oh well, the game's been out for less than two weeks and people are complaining about how long it's taking them to race-grind their way through content. I'll save my tiny violins for something valid.

Um not really sure what the problem is. You can fly from the EK mainland to Vash. There's a F.P. almost right smack dab in the middle of Vash. so you can afk fly if you want. If you just don't like the zone then that's just your issue. It's a zone just like any other I don't see the issue. The zones are completely random as far a the race/zone they will spawn in. I understand your need for more Troll artifacts than Night Elf but again it's random.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    because taking the long flight to uc and then down to stranglethorn is worth it
    Use the incredibly fast Zeppelin? I know I do, and I'm alliance.

It is annoying, yes, but it makes tons of sense for sites to be in Vashj'ir.

After all, it's full of ancient night elf ruins. It'd be bizarre for archeology to -not- be there.
    If you want to make raiding content harder, turn off DBM. Voila! Your encounters will be much more challenging without bleeps and someone telling you to "run away, little girl."

Quote Originally Posted by Chao View Post
    Im alliance and a mage, so i have no problem getting there, but my biggest problem with Vashjir is that 1) the digsite are HUGE and 2) because of the underwater aspect of the zone you dont know if the artifact is above you or below you.
    At OP: As a mage, I suggest you just buy a port back to Orgrimmar.

At quote: I'm still leveling to 85, so I haven't gotten any arch spots in the new zones--do you really have to deal with artifacts in the middle of open water (up and down vertically, I mean)? Shouldn't they just be on the ocean floor?

Quote Originally Posted by Ninari View Post
    At OP: As a mage, I suggest you just buy a port back to Orgrimmar.

At quote: I'm still leveling to 85, so I haven't gotten any arch spots in the new zones--do you really have to deal with artifacts in the middle of open water (up and down vertically, I mean)? Shouldn't they just be on the ocean floor?
    They are in some very annoying, multilayered night elven ruins. Those are most likely the most annoying of all the zones.

Deleted
    What is annoying about those ruins?

I think they all spawn on the same level(am unsure) but when you are on the wrong level, the survey will try to point you in the direction even though it's above you (and it cannot point upwards) or below you.

Deleted
    If you leveled archaeology to 525. I'm pretty sure you're used to the travel times around the world. And vash'jir is just a portal away. Though slightly annoying with the 'levels' of the buildings. But doesn't take longer than the others when you count in the lack of traveltime to vash'jir.

Sitting on about 9 rares atm. I'm just saying, EK would have been better off without the post 450 spawns.

Deleted
    I'm actually thinking of changing to alliance for this one, since Stormwind is in a far more strategic position for archeology.
    lol. Faction change because of a profession.

Why not? It's not like it's expensive x3