So with Paladins and Warlocks getting neat tools in Cataclysm, I was thinking: What Mechanics would you give to existing Classes? Let's get a rundown going!

(Stuff Under HP or on Target)
Death Knight - Runes
Paladin - Holy Power
Warlock - Soul Shards (Though I'd like to see more spells affected by it)
Rogue - Combo Points
*Balance Druid - Balance Meter

(Not Mana!)
Warrior/Bear - Rage
Rogue/Cat - Energy
Hunter - Focus
Death Knight - Runic Power

I'm seeing that the Priest, Mage, Shaman have no *Special* Mechanics. I'll include the Warrior since Rage is just another form of "Mana"... heck, throw the Hunter in there.

True, Shaman have Totems, but the Totems are Similar to a Paladin's Auras, and Paladins have a special Mechanic-thingy.

So I ask, what would you give some of these classes as "Special Mechanics"?

---------- Post added 2010-12-16 at 04:12 PM ----------

Personally, I'd like to see the Druid's Balance Meter on another class, but it's somewhat difficult. Balance Druids do two types of damage. Mages and Priests do ONE type of damage depending on their Spec.

Shaman could have the bar maybe, since they effectively do 2 types of damage - Nature and Fire. the GEOMANCER BAR!

Elemental - At a full Earth "eclipse", Earth Shock maybe increases Nature/Fire damage taken by X amount. At a Fire "eclipse", Flame Shock has X more chance to crit and lasts twice as long? Somehow each would affect how often you cast L-Bolt and Lava Burst (?) Especially since the two are the same cast times as a druid's Wrath and Starfire, it's be essentially the same.

Enhancement - Same idea as Elemental, but instead is affected by Stormstrike and Lava Lash

Restoration - Hmm... Toughy balancing that one out!

Frost Shock would push you towards whichever way you were going (Or even using Frost Shock at the middle gives you Haste or something)

tl;dr: I don't play a Shaman or Druid First idea to come to mind

I'd like to see Chakra somehow affect all three Priest specs.

---------- Post added 2010-12-16 at 04:32 PM ----------

Priests could resemble Warlocks with Three (Heck, let's make it 4. Three is used too much) "Soulburns" called Ominous Prayers.

Priest has 4 "Prayer beads*, and would use the spell *Ominous Prayer* to use one.

Some examples of the uses could be:

Binding Heal - heals a third nearby party member (chooses lowest health).
Prayer of Mending - The initial jump moves to Two targets. Only one of those can jump to another target while the other dissipates.
Power Word: Shield - Players affected by this cannot go below 1 health.
Penance / Holy Word: Whichever - Allows the use of this spell Regardless of Cooldown
Mind Blast - Insantly restores the duration of your Devouring Plague and Vampiric Touch on the target.
Mind Flay - Mind Flay lasts twice as long, cannot be Pushed Back, and slows the target by an additional 25%

Using Ominous Prayer would take 1 Prayer Bead, and be on a 30 second cooldown.

In Combat, using Hymn of Hope would Restore 1 Prayer Bead every 2 seconds (lasts 8 seconds)

Divine Hymn could use all Prayer beads, healing an additional 2 party members per bead every 2 seconds. So if you have all 4 Beads still, it'd be a BIG group heal. Especially useful During or After an AoE intensive fight

---------- Post added 2010-12-16 at 04:34 PM ----------

Anybody have any other ideas to throw out there?