Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'm a shadow Priest here with some questions.

Are we not the best choice anymore? because lately if I'm in a 5 man, or a raid with a warlock it is very rare that I see I get the buff. It seems like 1 outta ever 5 warlocks I am in a group with actually pick me (most of the time the only shadowpriest) for Dark Intent.

I had talked to a few warlock friends about it, and one says he always picks a shaman over any thing. Any kind of shaman. Is that normal? Second a healer. (any random healer)

A few others will say they pick a druid first. This one time got into an arguement with a KITTY druid! about which one of us should be picked.

Once in a BH25 run I was the only shadowpriest and there where 3 warlocks, and they all picked mages.

Is there a way to convince a Warlock to choose me?
    Last edited by azza; 2011-07-26 at 04:45 PM.

in 5 mans, where dps isn't a concern, sticking it on a healer can be a good idea, unless you know the healer, and know they can cope properly. in BH, the locks could've been receiving FM in return maybe?? or maybe they knew the mages. unless your raid leader tells the lock otherwise, there isn't a way to convince them. i guess you can point them to here, to see how DIing you provides higher personal dps for the lock, over something like a kitty possibly?

Quote Originally Posted by azza View Post
    I'm a shadow Priest here with some questions.

Are we not the best choice anymore? because lately if I'm in a 5 man, or a raid with a warlock it is very rare that I see I get the buff. It seems like 1 outta ever 5 warlocks I am in a group with actually pick me (most of the time the only shadowpriest) for Dark Intent.

I had talked to a few warlock friends about it, and one says he always picks a shaman over any thing. Any kind of shaman. Is that normal? Second a healer. (any random healer)

A few others will say they pick a druid first. This one time got into an arguement with a KITTY druid! about which one of us should be picked.

Once in a BH25 run I was the only shadowpriest and there where 3 warlocks, and they all picked mages.

Is there a way to convince a Warlock to choose me?
    this is funny due to the way feral stats weight changes once t12 comes into play haste plays a huge a huge factor in ferals play now more omen procs more shreds more dps now of course is comes down to gear if your in like 353 gear and the feral is all 378 i would pick the feral over the priest

Deleted
    Sometimes in 5 mans, the warlock will give it to the healer, no matter what class, purely for the haste gain and quicker heals than for the dps gain. We want to survive more than we want to out dps.
    Even though we're told SP's are the best target for DI, it does not mean that every SP is eligible or better than the mage/boomkin/etc. A lot of shadowpriests just suck and the DI is better spent elsewhere. It's up to the warlock and whether they know you and your skill.

Maybe i'm a bit dim, but i want this confirmed before i bring it up in raid.

I'm not sure if i'm interpreting "raid dps gain" column correctly.

Class DPS GAIN
    1) Shadow Priest 2620
    2) Balance Druid 2483

Does this mean that on the condition a boomkin is ahead of the spriest on a given fight (both without DI) by 140 dps, it's more beneficial to the raid to stick DI on the boomkin? Seems very low a figure.

What i'm really interested in is how to find that breakpoint, when it's better for raid dps to stick DI on the "other" guy.
    Last edited by Gothmog; 2011-08-07 at 11:46 PM.

so guys, i am having a dilemma here during baleroc. The feral druid from my guild insisted that i casted the DI on him during baleroc, while the shadowpriest asked me to cast in the moonkin. The feral druid outgears the moonkin by a LOT and baleroc is a fight that the feral druid wouldn't need to leave the boss. Should I cast it on the moonkin anyway? thanks in advance

Deleted
    Ask your restos about what their haste rating is before you give them it.

Like 400 (Quite rare) GIVE!!!!

around 1000 = Don't give

around 1500 = GIVE

around 2000 = Don't give

3% haste is so freakin useless unless it's used to get to certain breaking points on HoTs, give it to an HPaladin or some DPS who can benefit.

Deleted
    Holy Paladin? Are you kidding?...

Pretty sure we can give the buff to anyone we please.. I don't see how 3% haste is useless in the slightest, even if you don't reach a HoT tick barrier casts are considerably more quicker.

Putting it on a resto might not provide the greatest benefit from their haste but 3% more to their hots is not unsubstantial. 80% of druid healing is healing over time on most fights (exceptions being baleroc/alysrazor/shannox)

Question Outdated or not?

I raid as a demo lock in a 25m guild. Historically, I have been the only lock in our raid and have thus buffed our Spriest with DI. Recently, we added an affliction lock to our roster. I am wondering what the best method for DI is for our comp now?

Demo DI Spriest
    afflock DI Boomkin

or

Me DI afflock
    afflock DI Spriest

I know that a true circle jerk of DI isn't optimal, but I'm wondering where affliction's dots place them on the list in a 25m raid with more than one lock. (OMG I hope that makes sense. ha)

Thanks!

Hammer

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmrhead View Post
    Me DI afflock
    afflock DI Spriest
    If you cast DI on another lock their DI gets canceled out. So if you cast the DI on your affliction lock. Your DI would be canceled once the Affliction lock casts their DI on the Shadow Priest.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    If you cast DI on another lock their DI gets canceled out. So if you cast the DI on your affliction lock. Your DI would be canceled once the Affliction lock casts their DI on the Shadow Priest.
    Ok that's what I needed to know. Thanks rhorle!

So basically, we either need to stack it on the spriest or one of us hit the spriest and the other the chicken???

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmrhead View Post
    Ok that's what I needed to know. Thanks rhorle!

So basically, we either need to stack it on the spriest or one of us hit the spriest and the other the chicken???
    One on the moonkin, one on the priest.

Deleted
    you never want to put it on a healer, never ever.

Generally having the extra dps from giving it to a moonkin or spriest is preferable to the extra healing from giving it to a resto druid, but not always.

There's something to be said for 100% uptime >.>

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    uptime in single target(balerock):
    rdru 100% and 3 stack before pull
    spriest 95-99%
    moonkin and subrogue 90%+

Hello Warlocks!

I'm writing an addon to suggest a good Dark Intent target and to track proc uptime. It's called EndarkenMe and it's on WowAce as an alpha project.
    http://www.wowace.com/addons/endarken-me/

You will need to install libGroupTalents and libTalentQuery from curse.com, they are required for the addon to get spec information about your party members.
    NOTE: determining the spec of a party member requires inspection and Blizzard has kind of messed up the inspection mechanism. If party members are out of range, it may take a while to come up with a choice. The latest version will try to "go with what it knows" and may recommend a different choice later. Regardless, I think an addon can figure out spec faster in most cases than it can be done manually.

So, here's what you get...
    EndarkenMe (edm) creates a small frame that has a Dark Intent spell button and some status bars to track proc and buff uptime on the DI target.

If you are alone, it will cast DI on your pet if you click the button.

If you are in a party or raid group, edm will inspect the party members and select the best candidate based on Gherkin's priority lists at the beginning of this thread. I have merged healers these lists based on feedback from Gherkin. Since there is a lot of math behind the priority, they are static. The selection is based completely on class and spec (and 1H or 2H weapons if it get down to DKs) but no other dynamic info like haste or gear level. If you know somebody in your raid group will do more DPS or give you better procs, you may want to just cast on them manually. ( I may add a "favorites" at some time in the future )

If you are in a party, it will pick using the personal uptime list. (I know you want to show off and be #1 on Recount)
    If you are in a raid, it will determine your spec, and then pick from the corresponding spec based raid priority list (You are a team player, aren't you?)

The selection will be set as the target of the Dark Intent spell button. (This is a protected action, so it will not happen if you are in combat, but I have not found this to be a problem)

The selected target will be shown on the edm frame and clicking the spell button will cast DI on that person.
    The target will get a whisper, "Hello <name>, please stay near while I cast Dark Intent"
    Click the spell button and The buff bar should go to 30 minutes.

You can toggle the window using "/edm toggle". You can also use "/edm auto" to auto toggle. (Sorry, state not yet saved through logons.)

Auto toggle will hide the window if you have the buff cast on a target. It will show again if the target dies and the buff is lost or if there is less than 5 minutes remaining on the buff.

When you get Dark Intent procs, the proc bar will show how many stacks and a 7 second timer. (If frame is not hidden)

The time in combat, total DI time and DI time at 1, 2, and 3 stacks is tracked and you can see the information by typing "/edm totals" in your chat window

It will look something like this.

Total Combat Time: 11:00
    Total Dark Intent Time: 12:00*
    Total time at 1 stack: 2:00 (16.66%)
    Total time at 2 stacks: 3:00 (25%)
    Total time at 3 stacks: 7:00 (58.33%)

*yes, your DI time can exceed combat time, especially with resto druid since their HOTs will proc before and after combat.

You can see information about you group with "/edm party", "/edm raid", or "/edm group", they are synonymous, so if you use party in a raid, it still works.

I am sure this still has bugs in it, (thus the alpha status) but I would welcome any bug reports, suggestions or feedback if you would like to try it out.

Please PM me here with any questions or suggestions.
    Thanks,
    Andy

Deleted
    Will you be updating this thread for 4.3?

So, here's what you get...
    EndarkenMe (edm) creates a small frame that has a Dark Intent spell button and some status bars to track proc and buff uptime on the DI target.
    instead of a small frame with a button can u aswell make a slash command so we can macro that, I find that preferable so I can just put a button somewhere instead of having a persistent frame around

I wouldn't be surprised to see those rankings changed in favor of fire mages in 4.3 because of the fire buffs and t13 tier bonus that almost doubles combustion dot usage.