Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Now i must go to ask very stupid. Scales Dark Intent with multiple targets? The calculation shows that Shadow Priest are allmost the best class for dpsgain in raid. We've got a big debate in our guild which class ist it the best in Raid for dark intent. I have shown them this page but they are disagree.

Can you give me an simple example for dark intent theorycrafting on multiple targets?

15+ Year Old Account
    Shadow Priests have the highest gain from Dark Intent on multiple target fights, such as Valiona and Theralion, or Nefarian.

Good shadow priests will dot everything that is important to die. Bad shadow priests won't, or they will dot things that are non-consequential.

On fast AOE such as Magmaw or Cho'gall I might consider putting it on a Mage or Boomkin, because the SPriest has a large ramp up time. For example, Vile Swill on Heroic Maloriak are good for Shadow Priests but the Aberrations are good for Mages and Moonkins.

Play around with your guild

R.I.P. YARG

15+ Year Old Account
    When you use "raid dps gain" are you talking about just the dps generated by that class, or the class + the warlock. For example is the raid dps gain from a shadow priest 4194 or 5877. If you are calculating the "true" raid dps (warlock dps gain + intent class gain) it would be nice to just have a column for the intent class personal gain. If you aren't, it would be nice to see the "true gain" in a column.

Does the dark intent proc not stack? By this I mean if a target has two Dark intents does the 9% turn into 18% (9 from theirs, 9 from the other warlocks). It sounds to good to be true, but I don't see mention of it in your sim of warlocks trading it. (and yes I prefer trading to circle jerk). Also you seem to contradict yourself in the Warlock Trading section by saying the net gain is only 600 dps, but your simcraft results stating its a 1022 dps.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

15+ Year Old Account
    Affliction/Demo trading is around 600 per lock. Destro that can break the 30% haste mark as a result of doubling is 1022.

Does not stack. 9% on two warlocks, not 18%.

Raid DPS gain is Lock + Target, inclusive of dot damage and haste dps gains.

R.I.P. YARG

15+ Year Old Account
    Another question, where are you getting the Tick Crit rate from? For example in your spreadsheet dump you list shadow priests as having .2445, but that doesn't seem to match when I look at data from http://www.simulationcraft.org/Raid_T11_372_406.html

Of course I am not the best at math so I might be missing something. I'm guessing your tick crit rate was the tick crit average you said you entered into your app. The haste scale factors don't seem to equal either. Is the spreadsheet dump just not updated to 4.0.6 values?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    the .2445 is the average crit dot crit rate weighted by ticks per encounter. Take total number of dot tick crits, divide by total dot ticks, you get .244ish
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

15+ Year Old Account
    ^ What he said. I took the number of tick crits / number of total ticks that could crit for the average crit rate.

Spreadsheet is 4.0.6-1 Simcraft scale factors, with simcraft BIS profiles. I'll start using the official dump, I hadn't realized they had gotten this far already.

I'm in on the group emails for SimCraft, I'll pay more attention.

R.I.P. YARG

Numbers need to be run again, 1. since the shadow power nerf, and 2. since simcraft versions before 406 v3 (not sure when the bug was introduced) had shadow priests benefiting from the talent darkness twice.

15+ Year Old Account
    Good catch, thanks. I'll pass it through the latest simcraft release.

R.I.P. YARG

Man this is one awesome bit of information! ty so much for the work you put into this

Deleted
    I'm kind of at a loss what to do. I am my guild's only raiding shadow priest, we usually run with 1-2 warlocks, a boomkin and some resto druids.

Problem is, I don't get my DI. For example, last night we did Magmaw heroic progression. We had the tactic of one frost DK kiting all of the lava parasites, so the on-demand AoE is not a problem. But, somehow, the boomkin got the DI. We are both competent players.
    The boomkin is a good player, but he is a dick. He was an old friend of the officers and when the guild he left for broke down, he came back in, no questions asked and started acting like he owns the place. He is pretty undergeared compared to the rest of our raiding squad, only in about half epics and one piece of T11.
    The only warlock in our raid was a new trial, and he kind of bullied him into giving it to him. Even though he had the DI and I had none, I was keeping up with him on the DPS - never more than 2k behind and sometimes pulling ahead. Not short tries either, we reached <10% a few times. Because he is an arrogant arsehole, he insists on keeping the buff to make his own dps competitive at the top of the meter rather than furthering the raid DPS.

I have posted the link to this thread and taken choice quotes from it to prove why I should be getting it, especially when we are on DPS races, but he resorted to a "Troll Face" picture saying "I'm getting it, problem?".
    I'm reluctant to go to the officers about this because I'm not confident they will do anything. Its common knowledge that I think the player is a fucking idiot and have him muted and ignored at all times except progression raiding, so it may seem like I'm just trying to look out for myself.

IS there anything I can do to convince this idiot, the warlock and the raid leaders to actually maximise their buff when we need it most? World of Logs report of last night if you want to math anything about. I recieved a DI for about 1/3 to 1/2 of the first attempts after bugging both the boomkin and warlock for about 5 minutes, then it got switched back to the boomkin without saying anything and I decided it wasn't worth it at the time to argue about it all over again.

Doesnt seem to be much you do from what you told us about the boomie.
    If they seem so incompetent about min/maxing, maybe its the wrong guild for you?

15+ Year Old Account
    You're in the wrong guild. They no longer care about the overall dps of the raid. You sound like you can do better.

Our guild is actively recruiting more warlocks because we run with 2 shadow priests and the dps gain is worth bringing another lock to buff them. There are more like us, I suggest you find them.

And in the event you don't want to jump ship, then you should just ignore the situation and wait for the guild to eventually explode from bottled drama. It might take a year or so, but I've seen it happen enough.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by Vollus View Post
    Thanx gherkin I have a curse acct also although I havn't used it for much yet. I have only created a few small addons for my personal use in the past but I do have 31 years of programming experience. This will be my first "real" addon and of course I get the idea just before leaving for Cancun and my Wedding/Honeymoon for a week. I will have internet access and should have wow installed on that laptop so I can start work on it while my fiancee/wife reads on the beach
    Heya,

Good thoughts, here's some structure.

1 - A simple addon to remind folks to cast DI, and to give it to the toon in group who would theoretically give the best rDPS increase. This would be "casual" mode, and would let the 80% who really aren't progressing improve overall play a bit. I'd personally use this in 5-mans, instead of having a TellMeWhen icon configured to remind me when I don't have the buff, and a scrap of paper with the theoretical "best" classes.

2 - A complex addon that integrates with Skada/Recount and tracks the delta in pDPS and rDPS that can be attributed to the allocation of DI. This would be a simple looking addon, but actually might be rather hard to do. I wouldn't use this, since I'm not progressing, and my big concern is "do I have DI on somebody who will benefit me (and the group) at least a bit?"

15+ Year Old Account
    My thoughts is a module such as Recount:threat that simply "pretend" calculates what the potential damage increase would be on every member of your raid. You would then just switch to it after a wipe or a kill to see who would have gained the most damage for that particular encounter. It would be a bit heavy on the cpu cycles but I could probably write a toggle too.

Or perhaps a simple delta mod that looks at % of damage done by dots and uses the numbers I've generated as a compare point.

R.I.P. YARG

15+ Year Old Account
    The only things an addon needs is a alert for when the dark intent is removed from the person you cast it on (they die but you don't, they click it off, whatever the reason since you will keep your buff) and one that displays a ranking of the best targets for DI in the group (party and raid, not needed for battleground groups). Sorted by class with the name of course.

Anything else is really over the top and more heavy then is needed for a dark intent mod in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    My thoughts is a module such as Recount:threat that simply "pretend" calculates what the potential damage increase would be on every member of your raid. You would then just switch to it after a wipe or a kill to see who would have gained the most damage for that particular encounter. It would be a bit heavy on the cpu cycles but I could probably write a toggle too.

Or perhaps a simple delta mod that looks at % of damage done by dots and uses the numbers I've generated as a compare point.
    Any news on the recalculation of the Dark Intent List with the new SimulationCraft?

Thanks in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a shame you're on the EU servers, Abb. I'm the only warlock in my guild, and we don't have a single shadow priest. We'd be made for each other!

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The only things an addon needs is a alert for when the dark intent is removed from the person you cast it on (they die but you don't, they click it off, whatever the reason since you will keep your buff) and one that displays a ranking of the best targets for DI in the group (party and raid, not needed for battleground groups). Sorted by class with the name of course.

Anything else is really over the top and more heavy then is needed for a dark intent mod in my opinion.
    What about something like buff broker that would be a single button click that put it on the best option? it could also have a list of top 5 choices so you could select? But I do like the idea of a recount module.

=V=
    Last edited by Vollus; 2011-02-27 at 03:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dark666105 View Post
    Numbers need to be run again, 1. since the shadow power nerf, and 2. since simcraft versions before 406 v3 (not sure when the bug was introduced) had shadow priests benefiting from the talent darkness twice.
    Is there any news to this? I would be really interested to see the new numbers!