Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    @Plexi - Keep it on the druid. Holy priests are only good if they're renewing people and in a 10m this is not a good idea.

@Magic - Had some IRL stuff cast Immolation Aura. Other priorities took over. I'll be getting on this soon (soon™ ?)

R.I.P. YARG

Thank I also posted it in the raid forums and basically got 2 pages full of idiots that didnt know how to read.
    Best was the one telling me to use the EJ Dark intent list and I had to point out that he should learn to read sincet in the EJ post he says thank you to you and links this sticky and that I had already linked and mention this post silly forum posters.
    Rogues don't have loyalties, they have contracts and their blades are purchased in gold.

It's amazing how many people just read the title or skim. If you can't devote 4 extra seconds to reading more of a persons post, get back to twitter. Some moron tweeting his poops wants you to follow him.

However, a holy priest does gain a substantial amount of HPS at certain haste levels. But since he isn't casting renew enough to proc it on you, then he's not utilizing his haste as much as the spec has been simmed to gain from it.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    2) Some AOE is affected by Dark Intent. Demonology Warlocks and Balance Druids on Maloriak are insane.
    One question - does that line mean 3 demo locks should go with a circle on MaloHC, not deal out the DI to fire mages/spriests?
    "Defending a position by citing free speech is the ultimate concession: you're saying that literally the most compelling thing you can say for it is that it's not illegal to express."

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    One question - does that line mean 3 demo locks should go with a circle on MaloHC, not deal out the DI to fire mages/spriests?
    Don't know the Encounter on HC, but on normal mode Firemages are quite insane there too.
    Just before the green phase, you cast a pyro on the boss, then procc impact on the adds,
    combustion, impact -> huge dps as the debuffs (doubled by combustion) get copied on all
    adds. And the time between green phases suits the cooldown of combustion perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicSN View Post
    Don't know the Encounter on HC, but on normal mode Firemages are quite insane there too.
    Just before the green phase, you cast a pyro on the boss, then procc impact on the adds,
    combustion, impact -> huge dps as the debuffs (doubled by combustion) get copied on all
    adds. And the time between green phases suits the cooldown of combustion perfectly.
    Sorry, but this is as far from what I asked about as... No, I even lack comparison. Please, if you don't have anything to input into the thread don't post just to bump the counter.
    "Defending a position by citing free speech is the ultimate concession: you're saying that literally the most compelling thing you can say for it is that it's not illegal to express."

Sorry, but this is as far from what I asked about as... No, I even lack comparison. Please, if you don't have anything to input into the thread don't post just to bump the counter.
    What they posted was input, however you being a jerk and trying to moderate is not. They were stating how fire mages can be just as insane as "Demonology Warlocks and Balance Druids on Maloriak". Just because they didn't answer your question is no reason to be a jerk.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    What they posted was input, however you being a jerk and trying to moderate is not. They were stating how fire mages can be just as insane as "Demonology Warlocks and Balance Druids on Maloriak". Just because they didn't answer your question is no reason to be a jerk.
    Sorry, but the input I saw was "I don't know the encounter in question and I don't know the answer to question you asked, so I'll just say fire mages have good AoE DPS.". And what you just posted is not input either, nor is this post, so I'll just drop the pointless argument. ;)

Anyone happens to know how the Dark Intent 9% periodic dmg buff is calculated?
    For example, I went to dps a dummy and my corruption would tick for around 2319 non-crit without any buffs or debuffs. Then with only the 9% from DI added, it was ticking for 2478 non-crit.
    And 2478 certainly isn't the result of 2319*1.09 (2528).
    If anyone knows how it works, wtb info

edit: nvm found out why!
    Last edited by vico36; 2011-03-29 at 06:48 PM.

Sorry, but the input I saw was "I don't know the encounter in question and I don't know the answer to question you asked, so I'll just say fire mages have good AoE DPS.". And what you just posted is not input either, nor is this post, so I'll just drop the pointless argument.
    Didn't say I do not know the ENCOUNTER. I said the *Encounter on *HC*". I assume the green phase and add-bombing probably still happens in
    HC... if of course on HC there would be a lot LESS adds it would be different. Well anyways, I suggest to drop the issue as it does not bring the thread forward.

It means that the best target for a Demonology Warlock on Heroic Maloriak is, probably, a Balance Druid as their AoE damage is insane (and a large portion of their damage on the fight will be DoTs).

Balance Druids have two mechanics that are absolutely amazing for AOE.
    First, is that they can pin themselves to a Solar Eclipse, which means amazing damage from Sunfire(moonfire in solar mode) and Insect Swarm. They can also just strafe a little bit to increase Sunfire damage an additional 45%.

Second, their 4pc allows them to get guaranteed dot crits on a lot of targets.

Fire mages are decent, and amazing if Combustion lines up with everything and good procs, but a Balance Druid is more consistent. In my guild on heroic maloriak 25man, the moonkins can regularly maintain 30k+, the Spriests can maintain 27-28k+, and the mages can spike between 20 and 30k+.

All you need to do is throw out Shadowflame and a couple corruptions so that they get the 3 stack more consistently.

R.I.P. YARG

From latest 4.1 PTR notes: Dark Intent: The friendly target of this ability now receives 1% (stacking 3 times to 3%) periodic spell damage and healing bonus instead of 3% (stacking 3 times to 9%). The casting Warlock still receives 3% (stacking 3 times to 9%).

At least its not a nerf for us
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I saw it coming! It was too powerful especially for Shadowpriests.

Sps are in a good place but even if they get lower, blizzard can re-balance them without having to taken in consideration such a powerful buff

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    It means that the best target for a Demonology Warlock on Heroic Maloriak is, probably, a Balance Druid as their AoE damage is insane (and a large portion of their damage on the fight will be DoTs).
    Never circle unless youre in a raid with only holy paladins and warriors.

absolutely not, circling wastes 3% haste x 3 dps targets at the minimum. Circling DI is a terrible waste.

Hey dude could you also include healers in the "Self benefit" table?

Quote Originally Posted by gabrranth View Post
    Hey dude could you also include healers in the "Self benefit" table?
    Any news on the new numbers? Or will they now be delayed due to the DI change on the PTR?

I wrote this in the other current DI thread, but as I'm not sure people will read anything except the OP there, I'll post it here for more input.

I have a little question about DI. The figures given in the DI thread can't be the same for every fight..
    for example heroic Maloriak...

I was wondering, should I still be putting my DI on a shadow priest when their damage is only like 12k, almost 20k below boomkins whose spells are largely DoTs on this fight.. the Shadow Priest in the raid last night was getting annoyed that he was without the buff, when both myself and the other warlock felt it was better spent elsewhere.
    I actually put mine on a resto shaman as he was tank healing and I thought it would benefit him more than the others, but if I hadn't I would have put it on a boomkin like the other warlock.

Opinions?