Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Anyone happens to know how the Dark Intent 9% periodic dmg buff is calculated?
    For example, I went to dps a dummy and my corruption would tick for around 2319 non-crit without any buffs or debuffs. Then with only the 9% from DI added, it was ticking for 2478 non-crit.
    And 2478 certainly isn't the result of 2319*1.09 (2528).
    If anyone knows how it works, wtb info

edit: nvm found out why!
    Last edited by vico36; 2011-03-29 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Sorry, but the input I saw was "I don't know the encounter in question and I don't know the answer to question you asked, so I'll just say fire mages have good AoE DPS.". And what you just posted is not input either, nor is this post, so I'll just drop the pointless argument.
    Didn't say I do not know the ENCOUNTER. I said the *Encounter on *HC*". I assume the green phase and add-bombing probably still happens in
    HC... if of course on HC there would be a lot LESS adds it would be different. Well anyways, I suggest to drop the issue as it does not bring the thread forward.

15+ Year Old Account
    Balance Druids have two mechanics that are absolutely amazing for AOE.
    First, is that they can pin themselves to a Solar Eclipse, which means amazing damage from Sunfire(moonfire in solar mode) and Insect Swarm. They can also just strafe a little bit to increase Sunfire damage an additional 45%.

Second, their 4pc allows them to get guaranteed dot crits on a lot of targets.

Fire mages are decent, and amazing if Combustion lines up with everything and good procs, but a Balance Druid is more consistent. In my guild on heroic maloriak 25man, the moonkins can regularly maintain 30k+, the Spriests can maintain 27-28k+, and the mages can spike between 20 and 30k+.

All you need to do is throw out Shadowflame and a couple corruptions so that they get the 3 stack more consistently.

R.I.P. YARG

15+ Year Old Account
    From latest 4.1 PTR notes: Dark Intent: The friendly target of this ability now receives 1% (stacking 3 times to 3%) periodic spell damage and healing bonus instead of 3% (stacking 3 times to 9%). The casting Warlock still receives 3% (stacking 3 times to 9%).

At least its not a nerf for us
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I saw it coming! It was too powerful especially for Shadowpriests.

Sps are in a good place but even if they get lower, blizzard can re-balance them without having to taken in consideration such a powerful buff

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    It means that the best target for a Demonology Warlock on Heroic Maloriak is, probably, a Balance Druid as their AoE damage is insane (and a large portion of their damage on the fight will be DoTs).
    Never circle unless youre in a raid with only holy paladins and warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    One question - does that line mean 3 demo locks should go with a circle on MaloHC, not deal out the DI to fire mages/spriests?
    absolutely not, circling wastes 3% haste x 3 dps targets at the minimum. Circling DI is a terrible waste.

Hey dude could you also include healers in the "Self benefit" table?

Quote Originally Posted by gabrranth View Post
    Hey dude could you also include healers in the "Self benefit" table?
    Any news on the new numbers? Or will they now be delayed due to the DI change on the PTR?

Deleted
    I wrote this in the other current DI thread, but as I'm not sure people will read anything except the OP there, I'll post it here for more input.

I have a little question about DI. The figures given in the DI thread can't be the same for every fight..
    for example heroic Maloriak...

I was wondering, should I still be putting my DI on a shadow priest when their damage is only like 12k, almost 20k below boomkins whose spells are largely DoTs on this fight.. the Shadow Priest in the raid last night was getting annoyed that he was without the buff, when both myself and the other warlock felt it was better spent elsewhere.
    I actually put mine on a resto shaman as he was tank healing and I thought it would benefit him more than the others, but if I hadn't I would have put it on a boomkin like the other warlock.

Opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    From latest 4.1 PTR notes: Dark Intent: The friendly target of this ability now receives 1% (stacking 3 times to 3%) periodic spell damage and healing bonus instead of 3% (stacking 3 times to 9%). The casting Warlock still receives 3% (stacking 3 times to 9%).

At least its not a nerf for us
    Not that I think it's a good practice, but I wonder how that affects circlejerking DI, since that makes it effectively trigger two entirely different buffs depending on whether you are the giver or the receiver of DI.

Not sure if this has been covered but with the target nerf to DI, Would it be better to trade it with another lock in the raid then we would be both at 30% haste, Or still better to place on a SP?

Quote Originally Posted by warlockSTAR View Post
    Not sure if this has been covered but with the target nerf to DI, Would it be better to trade it with another lock in the raid then we would be both at 30% haste, Or still better to place on a SP?
    Given the coming change to DI in 4.1 the margin between which class gets priority will definately be smaller. I believe it will come down to who can keep the warlocks stacks up the most. I would go with whoever has the highest crit rating.

Deleted
    you can go about it that way, or you could go about it smartly.
    ie, who benefits the most from it. Not who will make you benefit the most from it.

I still think its gonna be spriests, firemagii and restodroods, but now what they receive is quite laughable.
    Still don't trade it with warlocks, or the raid loses 3% dot damage.
    3% dot damage on a priest or firemage spreading combustion > your personal dps increase

Not doubt a lot of warlocks will go for highest personal uptime from now on, like the boomkin above suggest (and wants!). Which is sad.

Can't stack the DI's anymore, so if you try to swap it with another warlock to get 6% haste, it overrides the previous DI, and will only give the 1% stacks to the warlock you gave it to. From what I can tell give it to the player that can get the benefit out of it as the buff is so much less now. Notice I said player and not a certain class, as each raid is different in terms of player skill -

Guide needs to be redone with new numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinagami091 View Post
    Given the coming change to DI in 4.1 the margin between which class gets priority will definately be smaller. I believe it will come down to who can keep the warlocks stacks up the most. I would go with whoever has the highest crit rating.
    Remember that it's number of dot crits, not % of dot crits, that will ultimately determine uptime. So while a boomkin may have a higher crit rating, a shadowpriest will have a much higher number of dot ticks. Ultimately, reviewing logs is your best bet

Would love to see updated numbers for 4.1

Unless some classes mechanics were changed in the patch, shouldnt the relative rankings remain the same? The only thing that was changed was the percentages....lowering everyones numbers by the same proportion. I guess it may change around the rankings for classes whos primary benefit from DI was the haste rather than the damage increase....but those classes were near the bottom anyway

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cleotaurus View Post
    Unless some classes mechanics were changed in the patch, shouldnt the relative rankings remain the same? The only thing that was changed was the percentages....lowering everyones numbers by the same proportion. I guess it may change around the rankings for classes whos primary benefit from DI was the haste rather than the damage increase....but those classes were near the bottom anyway
    For the most part it would be a across the board reduction by 2%. But 4.1 also introduced some new gear which might effect some numbers and some of the SimC profiles used for the data inputs might have been changed to better reflect live since the numbers were last generated.

So while one can make a pretty good educated guess at what the numbers will be like after 4.1 it would still be nice to see the numbers.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."