Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The majority of the ones I'm in clear all of the bosses, and I very rarely get into one that can't down anything. Maybe you need to be more patient and not drop group after the first wipe?
    Heroics need to be challenging so people l2p before they get into raids... ezmode heroics are the reason there was an ungodly number of bads in pug icc's.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heroics wouldn't be nearly as annoying If you didnt have to wait nearly an hour to join the next fail group. Imo the queue time is what needs to be fixed, that way maybe fails can learn faster through having more people acknowledging how bad they're dong and what they can do to fix it. And people who don't fail have a better chance to find a group with more skilled players like themselves through out their day.
    Last edited by ElAmigo; 2010-12-17 at 12:37 AM. Reason: spell check
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

I think you're all way over-reacting. : / The nice thing about humans (irl) is that we learn, adapt, and improve. The dungeons do not need nerfing, players just need to rise up to meet the challenge. It's not going to be instantaneous, either. It'll take a while. Just have some patience; some players need more time than others.
    If you want to make raiding content harder, turn off DBM. Voila! Your encounters will be much more challenging without bleeps and someone telling you to "run away, little girl."

Quote Originally Posted by Typrax View Post
    Don't shoot the messenger. I don't know anything about tanking.

Anyways..

You shouldn't need to form a guild premade to clear a heroic.
    I don't really see any reason why you shouldn't be encouraged to form a premade to clear the heroics. I mean, after all, haven't there also been a lot of WotLK complaints about how the dungeon finder allows us to do nothing but sit in Org/Stormwind/Dalaran and random queue our way into mediocrity? It's a good change. Some of my most enjoyable moments in Cataclysm so far have been in the 5-man heroics, doing them entirely with people I know and am familiar with.

The stupid thing about all these posts is that people have knee-jerked so badly I'm surprised they haven't done themselves an injury.

Get some decent gear and you WILL notice a big difference, I play a healer and the difference in mana pool and regen between 329 and 345 (which I'm in now) level gear is surprisingly large, I can use my big heals more often and even my fast heal and not worry about being oom 20 s in.

Gear up, give the expansion more than a week before crying about it and realise these dungeons are actually very well designed and tuned.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just going to level all my characters to 85 and by the time that happens it will be one or two major patches into cataclysm when people know what to do and can put less strain on me :P

You think Heroics are hard? Wait till you see the Raid bosses.
    WoW only has 10 million subscribers it must be dying! WoW sucks!
    I'm sorry no, clearly you didn't see Chuck Norris allowed 10 million to survive his Purge.

Its just mechanics, now you actually need a tank that knows which mob does what and plan accordingly, this dude does a 50K shadow bolt, ok he needs to Die first - be CC'ed or inturrupted.

Using CD's on nearly every trash pull, knowing what mob to kill/CC first and getting inturrupts spell reflects stuns out at the right time this is what we want, to nerf this you just make it face roll round up and AOE all over again.

Do Not Want WOTLK Heroics.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimator View Post
    Honestly i dont know, if RNG loves your guys but mine pugs are simply terrific! I got mostly 333 blues, 2 purples
    and some rep things and when we cc 2 of 4 mobs in H HoO, these 2 fkrs in like 3 hits meybe bring me
    to about 20% of health. I have gemed and enchanted stuff, all gems matching, avoidance is mixed
    with stamina, heler has about 80k Mana, dps do their job good and STILL we often die. And setup mentioned
    above is best I can get from LFG tool. There is something terrible wrong with these dungeons. And no, people will
    not learn more from them. The only result will be even more shitstorm and quits. I want my money back!
    You just made me laugh my ass off man. Do you know how to stun and interrupt mobs? FFS dude, stop crying. Learn why you fail. Heroic HoO is one of the easiest heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by Typrax View Post
    Don't shoot the messenger. I don't know anything about tanking.

Anyways..

You shouldn't need to form a guild premade to clear a heroic.
    Agreed, a lot of heroics were cleared by pugs in BC. I believe I cleared all heroics in pugs as a tank, and most as a healer back than.
    The current heroics seem harder.

Also a lot of people are worse at CC, probably because you can level now 1-85 in instances (well from 15-85), and not use CC once - until you reach a heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by OrlyAurora View Post
    I agree. However all the nay-sayers will just reply with "Get better gear, trollol"
    I have 153.2K Hp on my bear tank, 32% dodge, 30something k armor, and I drop like a rock.
    So instead of whining about how bad you are, how about you learn what needs to be CC'ed and what abilities are dispellable? You cannot legitimately argue that the only reason you are dying is because the mob hits "too hard." Well, figure out WHY the hit so hard and adjust for that situation.

question? how many of u complaining about riocs being hard are actaully geared enough for riocs am i am not talking will my gs is 329 answer. the way cata works is u run normals to get all the gear that will let u do riocs well then run riocs to get the gear to do raids. to many poeple soon as they hit the 329 start doign riocs then complain how hard they are. basically just cause u have 329 gs average doesn't mean u are ready for riocs

All you need to do for heroics is understand the tactics and follow them.

For 90% of puggers who can't find the tactics online let alone read them, this is gonna mean grief.

However, for 100% of the guild runs this is not an issue. Just because people need to l2p doesn't mean the content is hard.

These same people fail on their sp console games tbh.

honestly it's not the trash that's broken, just cc and it's all good. And sure with gear some of these will be easier. But lets face it, some of the mechanics of instances just make it completely impractical to pug. And hell lots of guilds just got enough gear to raid and are done with heroics already, so you are left with less than average people.

Hell, guildies that have gone through all the heroics don't want to do them because they are too hard and have high wipe rates. Some of the mechanics are just outright assinine. Wind Dragon boos in vortex pinnacle anyone?

Add that some of the interupt or die mechanics of bosses is out of control, and the outrageous need of healer mana pools other than paladins is over the top too. Most healers with a 75k mana pool go oom around 50%, then it's just a matter of can your group last threw it, and that IMO is wrong. Sure mana should mean something, but if it's that much of an issue, then something needs to change.

Deleted
    How do i interupt melee?

Quote Originally Posted by hagar4172 View Post
    question? how many of u complaining about riocs being hard are actaully geared enough for riocs am i am not talking will my gs is 329 answer. the way cata works is u run normals to get all the gear that will let u do riocs well then run riocs to get the gear to do raids. to many poeple soon as they hit the 329 start doign riocs then complain how hard they are. basically just cause u have 329 gs average doesn't mean u are ready for riocs
    If you are gonna use an abrev use one that makes sense 'ROICS not RIOCS like ROUGE is not ROGUE.

QQ: Vanilla/BC were too hard, only 1% of people got to see the end game stuff, I'll reactivate my account when I can fight the boss on the cover of the box.

Blizz:-Makes Wrath Easy-

QQ: Wrath is too easy, Kingslayer is the new Jenkins, I'll reactivate my account for Cata

Blizz:-Promises Cata will be harder-

QQ: Way to break your promise, normal dungeons are SO easy! No CC, chain pull + aoe everything! I'll cancel my account now because I'll beat Cata with no real challenge!

Blizz: "Wait until you see the heroic mode at 85!"

QQ: OMG heroics are TOO hard I'm going to cancel my account until nerfs!

Deleted
    i guess you're just unlucky because i find the majority of random dungeon finder groups i come across are perfectly fine. sure, some pulls are a little harder without many CC abilities, but they're all possible.

the only time i find it difficult is if a tank has the required ilevel for heroics, but not actually with his tank gear. that can make a couple of HCs tricky, but most of the other dungeons are fine, unless the tank is a common retard.

i like the dungeons, gg blizz.

I first want to point out. That everything is usually quite hard if you have never been. It is the not mindset of the dps just pushing their highest numbers possible. It is their mind set that if we wipe once the group sucks and they leave. Yesterday I had a group of what seemed to be mostly serious players. After a few attempts on Foe Reaver we were starting to get it. In Wotlk if anyone wiped on lets say Northren Beasts, everyone would instantly quit. It is this mind set that if we cannot get it the first try there is no reason to try again, because we cannot do it. Cataclsyms mind set is if once you do not succeed try and try again. People learn, even wotlk players can. Just saying he is a wotlk player and leaving makes you an even worse player.

I have to give blizzard a 10/10 for making this game fun once again

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anywherenotes View Post
    Agreed, a lot of heroics were cleared by pugs in BC. I believe I cleared all heroics in pugs as a tank, and most as a healer back than.
    The current heroics seem harder.

Also a lot of people are worse at CC, probably because you can level now 1-85 in instances (well from 15-85), and not use CC once - until you reach a heroic.
    I've cleared every Cata heroic in a pug. Why do you think you can't clear Cata heroics in pugs? Furthermore, in questing blues the TBC heroics were impossible. You had to have Karazhan gear to do heroics.