Page 1 of 2
LastLast

"Raid Ready" stats?

Hello all

I'm just wondering what are the "raid ready" stats I should be striving for? Such as spell power, crit, hit, haste, mastery, etc.

Thanks

-=Edit=-
    I'm currently at: (unbuffed)

Spell Damage: 5,338
    Haste: 706 (5.51%)
    Hit 794 (7.75%)
    Crit: 802 (11.65%)
    Mastery: 1557 (16.68)

And my Armory to show gems, enchants, reforgings, etc.:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rwithin/simple
    Last edited by Warwithin; 2010-12-16 at 10:51 PM.
    I run a satire / humor blog site very The Onion-esque. It's like taking trolling to another level.

www.spinatlantic.com

10+ Year Old Account
    I think from reading your previous posts you playing as a lock? Not 100% sure but including that plus what spec would be helpful.

15+ Year Old Account
    Average iLVL 340 or higher, as close to hit capped as you can manage without screwing your Intellect, fully gemmed and enchanted, and zero spirit gear.

With these numbers and average skill, you can kill the first two bosses in BWD and BoT

---------- Post added 2010-12-16 at 02:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by yovmit98 View Post
    I think from reading your previous posts you playing as a lock? Not 100% sure but including that plus what spec would be helpful.
    Warlock forum = warlock post.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    Average iLVL 340 or higher, as close to hit capped as you can manage without screwing your Intellect, fully gemmed and enchanted, and zero spirit gear.

With these numbers and average skill, you can kill the first two bosses in BWD and BoT
    Assuming you are a competent player, I completely agree with this.

Otherwise, no amount of currently available gear is going to make you raid ready. These fights are are not easy.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    I would shoot for 8k gs.

Okay, just kidding. Honestly, I would gear up until the raid feels you are ready (for now at least). You could even start making attempts on raid bosses and seeing how/where your group is struggling. If your health is too low or you aren't pulling enough dps, then consider going to get more gear (likewise if you are getting hit too hard as a tank or are struggling to heal as a healer).

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlock forum = warlock post.[/QUOTE]

Mah badz... hit the link from the home page.

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    Average iLVL 340 or higher, as close to hit capped as you can manage without screwing your Intellect
    I don't mean to pick at your post but getting the hit cap before everything else would be most important regardless of your intellect, correct? Or do you consider a % or 2 alright?

15+ Year Old Account
    If you are capable of looking at a bad fight where you missed a bunch of times and consider that "not the average" rather than "omg I fucking failed", then 1-2% off the hit cap is not a bad thing. The INT gain will make up for the occasional dps loss in the long run.

Just keep in mind that you WILL have bad fights and that this may reflect poorly upon you in raids. It comes down to personal preference, but "Hit Cap > All" is still very prevalent and will be hard to argue against without raw numbers.

R.I.P. YARG

Deleted
    Typical scalefactors I get through simcraft puts int over hit even below hitcap with numbers approximately 2.3 against 1.7. This is not too far from the EJ values. This said, considering you can't touch Int by reforging, you still should reforge to hit on every item that lacks it, and get the boot and bracer enchants with 50 hit rating, and get as close to the 17 % hitcap as you can.

BUT, since we are not computers playing the game, we do easily make some mistakes while not hitcapped that further raises hit's value. An example for this is Immolate missing, and you instantly pressing Conflagrate... hm it didn't cast. Oh wait, Immolate missed. That took a GCD plus a little...
    Last edited by mmoc7663219631; 2010-12-17 at 06:42 AM.

Deleted
    the first tier of raiding tends to be a bit more forgiving if you're not hit capped... most of our raiding group is sitting 2-3% below hit cap and it's not all that terrible...
    about the rest of the stats, it depends on which stats are the most beneficial for you... I don't really know how mastery plays out for warlocks but there are certain classes/specs that are not using mastery because the other combat ratings overweight it too much at this time in the game
    use common sense and maybe some sims and you'll be just fine

I'm pushing well over 15k single target even being 3% under the cap, I'm not overly worried. I haven't actually reforged anything yet; I plan to get more hit to prepare for the raids. On two occasions (Argaloth) I missed 7 and 9 times on a 5 minute fight. I'm merely stating that your dps won't suffer as much as you think because of being under the cap. You'll actually find by not sacrificing intellect for hit through gemming/enchanting you'll gain more in the long run. But I won't get into this again - there's a seperate thread for the argument.

OP: I think your gemming is a little off - you're going a bit mastery crazy when really you should be gemming for intellect. Run your character through simcraft and find your best stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenerena View Post
    I'm pushing well over 15k single target even being 3% under the cap, I'm not overly worried. I haven't actually reforged anything yet; I plan to get more hit to prepare for the raids. On two occasions (Argaloth) I missed 7 and 9 times on a 5 minute fight. I'm merely stating that your dps won't suffer as much as you think because of being under the cap. You'll actually find by not sacrificing intellect for hit through gemming/enchanting you'll gain more in the long run. But I won't get into this again - there's a seperate thread for the argument.

OP: I think your gemming is a little off - you're going a bit mastery crazy when really you should be gemming for intellect. Run your character through simcraft and find your best stats.
    What Meta should I use?
    I run a satire / humor blog site very The Onion-esque. It's like taking trolling to another level.

www.spinatlantic.com

Well you should use the chaotic shadowspirit diamond, but since we're still waiting for a fix to its requirements you should use the 54 intellect 2% mana gem for now (ember shadowspirit diamond).

As soon as you can hit 17% you can raid. I don't care what anyone else says. I started at ilvl 336ish and just killed Cho'gall last night on 25m.

As for meta, until they fix the chaotics I am going Tireless Skyflare with haste on feet.

Quote Originally Posted by andromalia View Post
    As soon as you can hit 17% you can raid. I don't care what anyone else says. I started at ilvl 336ish and just killed Cho'gall last night on 25m.
    12.5% hit at the moment and over 3.5m damage on Argaloth (He is 88 right? must be because I have 0% miss on any other level) I missed once. Once. I can't see the need right now to reduce other stats which may lower my haste/crit/mastery for an extra 9k ish shadowbolt. What raid buffs could have improved this? No shadowpriest or Balance Druid.

I'm in no way savvy to the technicalities/math to theorycraft but I've maintained that it is just that, theory.
    In game application and real world numbers from actually playing in game and checking logs for loads of fights shows me coming out on top most of the time as a Warlock so far so I'm not going to rush for more hit just yet.

This however and do please note this bit very carefully, won't stop me trying to attain hit cap to see if my dps improves, but I can't see how with 1 shadowbolt and a lack of other stats Check out my character Riokou on Turalyon EU.
    Last edited by ChrisJSY; 2010-12-19 at 08:20 AM.

how do you screw up your intellect with going for hit? you cant reforge intellect can you?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisJSY View Post
    I'm in no way savvy to the technicalities/math to theorycraft but I've maintained that it is just that, theory.
    In game application and real world numbers from actually playing in game and checking logs for loads of fights shows me coming out on top most of the time as a Warlock so far so I'm not going to rush for more hit just yet.
    There is no "theory" about statistical averages, just proven mathematical fact. You can miss 0 times in a fight with 17% chance to miss, or 100% of the time with 1% chance to miss. Will it happen often? Statistically no. Can it happen? Of course. Just because statistics will always work themselves out to the proper values over an infinite timeline/amount of attempts doesn't mean individual instances can't be wildly off base.

Same goes with any other percentage based stat, like crit, or a % proc.

On the topic of sims....will your actual DPS differ from a sim? Of course. The sim can't work in things like movement fights or percentage-based stats working out right in line with a proc or cooldown, which can inflate your DPS from what a sim averages out. Sims will never give real numbers on movement fights.

Now, assuming a Patchwerk fight though, a sim will (at best) give you an accurate statistical average of your DPS on the fight. You will get lower amounts on certain fights from critting/hitting/lining up procs less or lagging, you will get higher amounts from critting/hitting/lining up procs more or having better ping, but after enough times, your personal average should match the sim to some degree.

Large statistical sequences that ignore certain factors like a sim will never be perfect, but an individual percentage-based stat like hit or crit will always average out to be exactly the right amount over a long enough timeline.
    Last edited by cybermind; 2010-12-19 at 08:29 AM.

Cyber - Yes, which is why so far getting more hit for me has seemed pointless.
    All it would do in the fights I have ever taken part in to date, should have lowered my dps.

That is of course until I started missing left, right and centre which I am not, then I will correct it with more hit.

Edit: I could agree that, why even risk the chance to miss, get 17% and then work on other stats.
    Last edited by ChrisJSY; 2010-12-19 at 09:52 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by andromalia View Post
    As for meta, until they fix the chaotics I am going Tireless Skyflare with haste on feet.
    I don't see why so many people have this point of view

Why not just gem for hit and reforge for other stats? I'm doing like 14k in heroics atm and I'm still in the process for gearing but I can reach the hitcap with my gear and still push up to 13k without various enchants. If I were raid buffed and enchanted fully it would closer to 16k without a doubt.

On topic: Nothing is more annoying than missing so if you're able to (which you should be able to since I can from heroic gear and rep rewards) get 17% hit then focus on other stats. The only time missing was a good thing was Magtheridon's Eye and that's not around anymore so just cap yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Veej View Post
    I don't see why so many people have this point of view

Why not just gem for hit and reforge for other stats?
    I don't know where you're getting your heroic gear, but 99% of it doesn't have gem slots. Not to mention that a lot of the non tier 359 gear doesn't have gem slots either. I'm already well past 16k dps in raid.