Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cataclysm is way too slow

Im not a WotLK baby , started playin during original naxx event so im not unused to hard content.

On the other hand i am no used to horribly slow game that is cataclysm.

Ques are huge, and even in guild i get 3 dps easy maybe a healer or tank but we have never been able to do anything without at least 30-40 min of waiting for a tank in trade or a guild one to show up, at least we can do battlegrounds this way though.

Basicly it takes so much damn waiting just to get the privilege to wait for heroics, they take longer even with a nice group but that is not the problem, huge queus are.

I know the DPS vs other roles disparity is not directly blizzards fault but making healing and tanking hard plays a part really.

I would be ok with this if i could pvp, but PvP is not fun with subpar gear , this is nothing new but in WotLK and TBC getting gear took much much less then now in pvp or at least thats how i remember.

Last few days i hardly even play wow because im annoyed when i log how damn SLOW everything is going. I mean sure i dont expect to be raiding after a dozen /played hours at lvl 85 but i sure damn expect to be making progress , im ok with working hard for nice gear but not spending a hundred hours in a BG for very shitty blue gear i will replace as soon as i get some arena and rated bg going...

My suggestions: Buff the honor gained at least 3x or more and make us able to que for both BG and heroics at the same time. Im all in for hard pve conent but in my 4 years or so of play i cant remeber when was i last as bored and annoyed when i logged in which is too bad with all the new and exciting content.

Im in a middle of exam term so maybe its that my time is limited atm but im pretty sure still that the pace of this game has slowed to a boring crawl.

---------- Post added 2010-12-16 at 11:52 PM ----------

And yes in TBC waiting time for dungeons was much shorter i remember you could get a group going in 5-10 min on my realm sure it was not a perfect group but would be attempting stuff instead of waiting anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, 40 minute queues. When Wrath launched, at least in my experience, you were lucky to get a group within two or three hours of waiting in the Looking For Group system. The Dungeon Finder has really sped things up.

The problem that you're experiencing now, I think, is due to the fact that the expansion is barely a week old. There isn't a very large pool of max-level players queuing for heroics like there was in 3.3. The queues should get shorter as more people get to 85 and gear up (especially after Christmas, which I expect will bring a lot more players back).

After reading your post it seems you are complaining about the wait time of LFD. Then you also mention you played BC and WotLK. If that is the case then you should know by now creating a group on your server is just as easy (sometimes quicker) than using LFD and getting stuck with what you get.

Part of the reason queues are slow is because people are afraid to tank or heal. They are afraid of the unknown and that it won't be easy like Wrath was. This is true that it's not and it's a good thing. Another factor is not everyone is 85 yet give it some time and see how the queues go. As for making tanking/healing harder so people don't want to do it? I've heard the opposite that some actually like the challenge and swapped back to tanking/healing vs being a dps.

i agree, the entire expansion thus far has just felt extremely sluggish (not like lazy, more like wadding through a pool of jello), and really boring; i can't wait for raiding to really start.

I think it is too fast.

Warrior Arms (PvE)
    Warrior Fury TG (PvE)

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    Haha, 40 minute queues. When Wrath launched, at least in my experience, you were lucky to get a group within two or three hours of waiting in the Looking For Group system. The Dungeon Finder has really sped things up.
    This. Trade spam was 10x worse on my server without the DF, I dont even remember using the looking for group all that much before this came out. The game has been out, what 10 days now? Be patient. All you people whine too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Raldrag View Post
    I think it is too fast.
    with the exception of the top 1-5% (idk the actual number) who will always blitz through content faster than is imaginable, its going real slow for everyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    IT'S BEEN NINE M*THERF***ING DAYS INTO THE EXPANSION

NINE

HOW THE F*CK CAN YOU COMPLAIN HOW ABOUT HOW SLOW IT IS NINE F*CKING DAYS INTO THE EXPANSION

You make me so damn mad I might just hurt myself
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    Why strive to be excellent, when being just mediocre still kills the boss?

Quote Originally Posted by Victoriaautmors View Post
    Im not a WotLK baby

Ques are huge
    I don't believe a word you said.

I want to know what magical fairytale server you played on where TBC heroic groups formed in 5-10 minutes. That just flat out did not happen.

Some people in my guild have all the best gear they can get before raiding already and Cata is barely one week old. It's crazy. If anything Cata is much to fast. Hell I did 10 quests, yes 10 quests in Mount Hyjal and focused on Archeology and mining while doing the fishing, cooking and JC dailies and I dinged level 85. I've never even stepped foot in the other 4 Cata zones and done quests. The fact that you can get to the max level without doing any quests is silly. You get xp for everything which ruined it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldrag View Post
    I think it is too fast.
    this

took me 3 days to lvl to 85, another 3 days to get full heroic gear + some rep epix. have been skilling proffs past 3 days, and the only thing i was mediocre on was the lvling, didnt lvl that fast and i think its going too fast with the pvp season starting just 1 week after exp hit the start button. in wotlk it was 2 weeks atleast

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I don't believe a word you said.

I want to know what magical fairytale server you played on where TBC heroic groups formed in 5-10 minutes. That just flat out did not happen.
    Lmao. I played on a medium population server and I could always get heroics up in ~10 minutes. The daily heroic could easily been formed in 2 minutes.

Same thing in Wrath pre-cross server LFD.

I'm guessing you are one of those people who sat around waiting to be invited rather than making the group yourself.

Getting groups for chain heroics was ez-moad for PuGs. Now it's either go guild runs or go home.

Quote Originally Posted by JMaggot View Post
    Lmao. I played on a medium population server and I could always get heroics up in ~10 minutes. The daily heroic could easily been formed in 2 minutes.
    Blah, I fail at reading...

I still call bullshit. The only people getting snatched up for heroics at any speed were tanks, healers, and mages. If you were a DPS that didn't have the favored form of crowd control (sheep or maybe sap) then you could be looking for hours for a group.

And that's even if you tried to form it. If you were a warlock forming a group you would get whispers from tanks asking what CC you had. And if the response wasn't "I GOT SHEEPS COMING OUT OF MY EARS" they would tell you to fuck off.
    Last edited by unholytestament; 2010-12-16 at 11:49 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tanking isn't hard. At all. It's just that the facerolling retarded masses playing this game can barely muster the will to hit 112. You think they can actually actively participate in the game? I wish you could rank people and if people got a ranking of 0 from enough people they would be banned from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    Tanking isn't hard. At all. It's just that the facerolling retarded masses playing this game can barely muster the will to hit 112. You think they can actually actively participate in the game? I wish you could rank people and if people got a ranking of 0 from enough people they would be banned from the game.
    In a world like this, the game would be full of asshats and elitist wanna-be pricks. Wait a second... :| But yeah.. I don't think that would be a good idea unless it would rank the person with a 0 who kept trying to force rank someone but others disagreed, banning the ORIGINAL downranker.

15+ Year Old Account
    i am no used to horribly slow game that is cataclysm.

Ques are huge, and even in guild i get 3 dps easy maybe a healer or tank but we have never been able to do anything without at least 30-40 min of waiting for a tank in trade or a guild one to show up, at least we can do battlegrounds this way though.
    80% of the game are Dps so yeah you are going to wait. I play mostly Tank and Healer but I rarely tank Pugs and I know a good deal more tanks do the same. I'd rather do Heroics with people I am confident in and not play craps on a wipefes, especially now Heroics require more than AOE,AOE,Boss more AOE.

In the end if you dislike the wait do something other than what the other 80% of the player base do... pew..pew...Q..Q
    Last edited by Auralian; 2010-12-16 at 11:55 PM. Reason: messed up the qoute

I just have to assume this is a troll topic. BC heroics didn't have quick group formations, unless you only did SP and Mech. Trying to get BM, SH, Arc, SLabs was damn near impossible without a guild. People refused to go there with pugs. My rogue is 4 pieces off best in slot from heroics/rep/jp. In 10 days....
    Uther (US) -- Daztreides

10+ Year Old Account
    Im not a WotLK baby...
    Ques are huge, and even in guild i get 3 dps easy maybe a healer or tank but we have never been able to do anything without at least 30-40 min of waiting
    Queue times are proportionate to the amount of people in the dungeon finder.

Remember spending 20 minutes spamming trade / yell during vanilla trying to form a group? Or how about 6-10hr AV queues? Or how about in BC, when you could get eighty seven DPS whisper you when forming a heroic group? Or how about the early stages of WotLK and LFD, when queue times were far longer.

If you've truly seen all four versions of the game, than you'd know the queue times for a DPSer aren't as horrid as you make them to be. Ask in guild, make tank friends, enjoy leeching off their instant queues.

I find it funny when dps complain about long queue times. If you want fast queues, there are multiple options available to you. You could make friends with tanks or healers by being a consistently good player. You could join a guild and do guild runs. Or YOU could tank or heal.

Good dps will always be able to find groups without a ton of effort, because so many dps out there are just awful now in Cata since they haven't had to pay attention to anything but big numbers for 2 years. I play a prot warrior, and after the first couple of days I just stopped doing random queues. I met a couple of really great players in randoms, but I met so many bad people...it's just easier for me to form a group with people from my own server who I know are good.

Short version: how long it take to get a group is completely within you're control. If you're good, go meet other people who are good, and you'll get good, fast groups. If you're bad, those good groups won't want you. In that case, study, practice, and get better. It's a social game. That's why there are 2 M's in MMORPG.
    www.justanotherwowblog.com - A blog about gold making, WoW economics, MMO philosophy, and more!

I don't know about you OP, but you can get groups so much faster by asking guildies/friends/even trade. Even on my small population server, groups can be made quickly.

Also, because I just can't help myself making this joke
    Quote Originally Posted by beno113 View Post
    IT'S BEEN NINE M*THERF***ING DAYS INTO THE EXPANSION

NINE
    NINE! NINE! NINE! NINE! NINE!