Page 12 of 61 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
14
22
... LastLast
  1. #221
    Warchief Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Frozen North
    Posts
    2,125
    Perfect, thank you. Given that blizzard is a flat spell I'll assume the lowest was the one without any form of procs going on and use it as the base.

    Seems it went from ~0.690 to ~1.319 in addition to the base damage increasing from 299 to 509. Good stuff.
    Last edited by Kuni Zyrekai; 2011-04-16 at 12:19 AM.

  2. #222
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germany/BW
    Posts
    901
    Well, the "burst" is really nice now. I´ve tested it on the lava parasites by reseting recount right after the lava fontaine spawned. The result was amazing.

    My "rotation" looked like:

    Flamestrike, petnova and blizzard. Recount showed me 32,7k DPS on the parasites. Without the benefit from shatter, blizzard isn´t that strong. That´s why i call it "burst".
    Last edited by citizenpete; 2011-04-16 at 01:28 AM.

  3. #223
    Warchief Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Frozen North
    Posts
    2,125
    Even still, it's a great sustained AOE increase. The average hit you posted is about my average crit on live in raids. I can't wait to play around with this.

  4. #224
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    PA, USA
    Posts
    348
    Just learned that I posted the #42 parse (now #43 since last night) among frost mages for BH10. It's not really a boss to brag about, but I think it's cool to be ranked on that site. It's kind of like being in the newspaper. My mage's name is Klunk (Nevermore, Gurubashi).

    Not bad considering I don't even have 2T11 yet. Still saving VP for the tier legs. It'll be a while longer before I get a chance at the other two pieces, since our raid progression is slow.

  5. #225
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germany/BW
    Posts
    901
    Welcome to the Club : ) I recommend you to get the 2T11 as fast as possible. It´s a good DPS increase.

  6. #226
    Still seeing alot of hate on frost, but according to the Sim...if you hate Arcane...It looks like Frost is beating out Fire both Single and Movement fights? Also how good is Blizzard AoE now?

  7. #227
    Warchief Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Frozen North
    Posts
    2,125
    Quote Originally Posted by rap87 View Post
    Still seeing alot of hate on frost, but according to the Sim...if you hate Arcane...It looks like Frost is beating out Fire both Single and Movement fights? Also how good is Blizzard AoE now?
    Arcane's sim requires shard of woe. Without it, it's on par with frost for stand and burn, frost pulls ahead for any movement.

    Personally untested blizzard, but damage looks to be just about doubled from current, so not awful. The numbers are in my post at the top of this current page.

  8. #228
    So, does frost now currently beat fire out completely? Just surprised I don't see more hoohahah going on about frost on any of the forums.

  9. #229
    Quote Originally Posted by rap87 View Post
    So, does frost now currently beat fire out completely? Just surprised I don't see more hoohahah going on about frost on any of the forums.
    Single target, yes.
    However the amount of encounters where this doesn't apply is larger than you think. Any fight with even two targets is enough to make fire's DPS higher than frost's, as long as you cast living bomb on both targets.
    A more detailed encounter list would be:

    Fire:
    Basically every boss in BoT
    Conclave depending on if you are killing the plant adds
    Magmaw
    Maloriak
    Nefarian(?)

    Frost/Arcane:
    Al'Akir
    Omnitron
    Atramedes
    Chimaeron
    Nefarian(?)

    I am not sure where Nefarian goes because you can keep LB ticking on Onyxia in phase one and Nefarian in the air in phase two, but it may still not be an improvement over single target through the whole of phase three.

    I also don't know what spec is necessary for the 13th super secret heroic only BoT boss because I haven't read the tactics for it, will be a long while before my guild get there

  10. #230
    For Frost what trinket would be best to stick with Darkmoon: Volcano....Bell of Enraging Resonance or Theralion's Mirror?

  11. #231
    Dreadlord nimryas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    808
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireballz157 View Post
    For Frost what trinket would be best to stick with Darkmoon: Volcano....Bell of Enraging Resonance or Theralion's Mirror?
    I think you want to get as close as possible to that 33,3% soft crit cap, correct me if i'm wrong. So I think bell over mirror, but I'm not all to sure about this cause INT seems to pwn all stats nowadays, by far even :P

    Nimryas - EU-Kazzak ~ My youtube channel

  12. #232
    Warchief Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Frozen North
    Posts
    2,125
    Quote Originally Posted by nimryas View Post
    I think you want to get as close as possible to that 33,3% soft crit cap, correct me if i'm wrong. So I think bell over mirror, but I'm not all to sure about this cause INT seems to pwn all stats nowadays, by far even :P
    Mirror wins, despite the crit cap. Int is indeed king.

    This guide will be updated, as little as it needs, when I'm done playing around.

  13. #233
    From my experience tonight, it seems Shatter is slightly bugged. It is not taking the crit from Imp Shadowbolt or Imp Scorch into the calculation.

  14. #234
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    From my experience tonight, it seems Shatter is slightly bugged. It is not taking the crit from Imp Shadowbolt or Imp Scorch into the calculation.
    Wasn't it always like that?

  15. #235
    Warchief Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Frozen North
    Posts
    2,125
    Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    Wasn't it always like that?
    No, it was taking all crit modifiers into the calculation. This is slightly worrying depending on if it can be confirmed and when Blizz intends to fix it...

    Of interest, FFO has an icon correctly and is proccing brain freeze for once.
    Last edited by Kuni Zyrekai; 2011-04-27 at 06:59 AM.

  16. #236
    The Lightbringer Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,032
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    From my experience tonight, it seems Shatter is slightly bugged. It is not taking the crit from Imp Shadowbolt or Imp Scorch into the calculation.
    Seemed that way since I was over the crit cap and not 100% critting with df/il/ffb.

  17. #237
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    No, it was taking all crit modifiers into the calculation. This is slightly worrying depending on if it can be confirmed and when Blizz intends to fix it...
    Wait. Are you sure about that? I remember that shatter always took molten armor (including the glyphed bonus just from testing it) and raid 5% buff into consideration. When people tried to somehow 'calculate' the real crit suppression, I'm sure they were also considering the fact that the 5% debuff isn't trippled. ._.

  18. #238
    Warchief Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Frozen North
    Posts
    2,125
    Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    Wait. Are you sure about that? I remember that shatter always took molten armor (including the glyphed bonus just from testing it) and raid 5% buff into consideration. When people tried to somehow 'calculate' the real crit suppression, I'm sure they were also considering the fact that the 5% debuff isn't trippled. ._.
    It was a rumour being circulated as people thought that the debuff not being multiplied made sense, but it was shown that it indeed was working with shatter.

  19. #239
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    It was a rumour being circulated as people thought that the debuff not being multiplied made sense, but it was shown that it indeed was working with shatter.
    Well it isn't now. Was sitting at 23.35% crit pre 5% buff+5% debuff, and I ended up around 10-15% short of crit cap for FFB and IL. It sucked, but what sucked worse is realizing that Frost still has a lol35 yard range, which forced me to respec since doing H AC with a 35 yard range is suicidal.

  20. #240
    So what is the crit cap?
    Lock and Fire mage = 5%
    Shaman , rogue etc = 5%
    Frost Talent = 3%
    34-13=21% crit to be capped ?
    Is this?
    Im dam confused with this.. :s

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •