Page 17 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I really wish my guild would show up for a raid night. Hopefully tonight. I need to see it under fully buffed conditions, because I'm not seeing any real difference on dummies and for some reason no one wrote down spell coefficients for 4.0, at least not that I can find solid numbers for. Seems FFB is running ~0.98 on live, though again I'm not sure if this was changed. It does seem high considering most of our nuke spells and your log comparison.

Assuming you got no major upgrades between those two logs, gaining almost 5k in average crit damage is quite high. But it could have also just been more luck, since you're gaining more BF procs during your initial burst phase with all your cooldowns and most of your procs, so it could easily just be that.

http://i.imgur.com/gUiGZ.png

Your procs lined up a lot better as well as getting a ton more BF procs during your opener. I'm thinking it's probably just fluke it did more damage, but the FFO proccing BF is a great buff for us.

---------- Post added 2011-05-02 at 06:22 AM ----------

Submitted ticket to SimC to let FFO proc brain freeze in simulations.

Got a quick answer and fix too. Cool. http://code.google.com/p/simulationc.../detail?r=8457
    Last edited by Kuni Zyrekai; 2011-05-02 at 02:33 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bg0702 View Post
    Where would the FFB/DF/MA glyph combo fall in this list?
    1.25% below normal, so

FB/FFB/DF 28629 0,00%
    FB/IL/DF 28285 -1,20%
    MA/DF/FFB 28449[irrelevant due to version change] -1.25%
    FB/MA/DF 28144 -1,69%
    FB/FFB/MA 28196 -1,51%
    FB/IL/MA 27832 -2,78%

So below the usual FB/FFB/DF even before FFO was proccing brain freeze, which incidentally is hovering around 29k, I apparently can't read the right tests.

---------- Post added 2011-05-02 at 08:51 AM ----------

Impressive, but it doesn't change the fact that running FB/FFB/DF is the highest DPS gain out of glyphs, and switching lance to frostbolt on your end would produce slightly higher results. Impressive nonetheless.
    Last edited by Kuni Zyrekai; 2011-05-02 at 07:16 PM.

Im not sure I would of seen any difference from swapping out those glyphs tbh. Why isnt there a test for FFB / IL / DF ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epicmagelol View Post
    Why isnt there a test for FFB / IL / DF ?
    Because I didn't do the majority of those tests and I managed to break SimC. Give me a few.

Alright, running 25000 iterations on these tests because 10k wasn't cutting it for a solid number.
    Default FB/FFB/DF: 29005
    FFB/IL/DF: 28774

Not much, but it is still a quantifiable improvement for a passive choice.
    Last edited by Kuni Zyrekai; 2011-05-02 at 07:26 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Did your SimCraft mess up like mine did when not using the FrB glyph?
    BfA Beta Time

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Did your SimCraft mess up like mine did when not using the FrB glyph?
    Nah, recompiled it with the new version of the mage code accounting for the BF/FFO interaction and it won't run if I don't launch it via the compiler for some reason.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Nah, recompiled it with the new version of the mage code accounting for the BF/FFO interaction and it won't run if I don't launch it via the compiler for some reason.
    Well, when I took out the FrB glyph from mine, it started using FFB as the main nuke...so yeah, only got 26,101 DPS from that test.
    BfA Beta Time

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Well, when I took out the FrB glyph from mine, it started using FFB as the main nuke...so yeah, only got 26,101 DPS from that test.
    How odd... Were you importing it via chardev or something? I'm just importing the BiS list then changing the glyph in the simulation code. I'm fairly sure it tries to predict frost vs frost-frostfire from an import using glyph choices.
    Last edited by Kuni Zyrekai; 2011-05-02 at 07:58 PM.

Deleted
    Hey Kuni, I have a new annoying bug/problem since 4.1. I`m doing my opener in almost the same manner like you advised in your guide. As soon as the Mirrors disappear, I`m far on top of the Threat Meter (Omen - up to 150%+). After dying a few times (just thought it was a matter of tanking) on Halfus, Chimaeron, Magmaw etc. I started to use invisibility just before my Mirrors disappear, but I´m losing a few seconds to fade in out and click the target again. Thats a huge DPS loss to me and drives me nuts! Why buffing my Mage, when I lose DPS by using invisibility? Never had this problem before. Any advice?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by citizenpete View Post
    Hey Kuni, I have a new annoying bug/problem since 4.1. I`m doing my opener in almost the same manner like you advised in your guide. As soon as the Mirrors disappear, I`m far on top of the Threat Meter (Omen - up to 150%+). After dying a few times (just thought it was a matter of tanking) on Halfus, Chimaeron, Magmaw etc. I started to use invisibility just before my Mirrors disappear, but I´m losing a few seconds to fade in out and click the target again. Thats a huge DPS loss to me and drives me nuts! Why buffing my Mage, when I lose DPS by using invisibility? Never had this problem before. Any advice?
    Your tanks will have to pick up the slack or you'll have to deal with a target last target macro. I'm not sure if this works anymore, but it did in Wrath. Right before your mirror images wear off call your current tank to taunt, they'll inherit your threat even though you're technically faded. Again I can't promise this will work anymore, but it did when threat was an issue near the end of Wrath.

Deleted
    I´ll going to test this, hope it helps. Thank you!

15+ Year Old Account
    I´ll going to test this, hope it helps. Thank you!
    If it works, you're welcome. If not, /targetlasttarget /cast frostbolt

15+ Year Old Account
    Actually, your target lingers for a second when you fully fade, so all you have to do is start casting at it, and you will automatically retarget it even if it disappears.
    BfA Beta Time

Deleted
    Wow thank you, for so much support. I`ve tested it on dummies.
    /targetlasttarget don´t work.
    Casting when just faded is working, but (of course) I can´t see if it reset threat.
    Kunis solution - if I heard him right - is, tank taunts after 28 - 29? seconds (Mirrors still active for 1 -2 seconds) to let him inherit my threat? Is that correct?

15+ Year Old Account
    If your tanks can't build up enough threat in 30 seconds...you have bad tanks, or you're standing in melee lowering your threat threshold. Ask your Rogues to TotT the tank along with Hunter MDs.
    BfA Beta Time

15+ Year Old Account
    Kunis solution - if I heard him right - is, tank taunts after 28 - 29? seconds (Mirrors still active for 1 -2 seconds) to let him inherit my threat? Is that correct?
    If it still works, yes.

Deleted
    Well, we don´t have a Rouge in our lineup and the Hunter is already "shooting up". They say "you care for your threat, not the tank" and "use invisibility thats why you have the ability". They`ve recommended to waive my cooldowns (icy veins, troll berserking) at the beginning or to accept using invisibility and doing nothing for a few seconds.
    If I would suggest my mates "the tank could build up more threat" they only would shake their heads in disbelief : /

15+ Year Old Account
    If your Hunters don't want to do the job their class is meant to do...you have crap Hunters. That's like you refusing to Polymorph something because you already had a Pyroblast loaded. The job of a tank is to put out threat and hold it, yours is to DPS and watch your own threat, and healers are there to keep people from dying from unavoidable shit.
    BfA Beta Time

Deleted
    To be fair, the Hunter is doing his job at the beginning... but I know what are you driving at and I agree with you.