Page 44 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    Someone has to get it.
    Damned right. Our enh who was originally getting it would yell since he used to ride the aggro limit before the threat buff. I stole his position from there and now I enjoy a free 10% damage buff. Shame he can't align the CD with deep freeze...

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing frost this entire expansion. For some reason i can't wrap my mind around Arcane or fire, i'm terrible. However as frost i'm solid dps. I love it, the rotation keeps me on my toes and actually helped my raid awareness. I do sometimes get flack from new recruits that see me spec'd as frost and question my sanity as a raid leader.

I do wish i could convince our rogue to give me tricks, but i get dark intent so i suppose it would be unfair.

Grunt
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    it's pretty good. Kavan has admitted that he hasn't put much effort into the frost module as he has for the arcane module (mostly because he doesn't do much in frost). However it does give a good indication of what your stat values should be.
    Personally I'm using RAWR as a guideline too. The priority lists in SimC are a bit meh and usually only model fights like Baleroc ok-ish. I find myself using mage armor on quite some bosses, usually because there's too much AoE to do without, and in that situation the value of haste becomes higher compared to a situation with molten armor. I'm regularly ranking high on WoL, so I don't think I'm doing it completely wrong.

Which of these sims better?

The Soul Casket? Or the Brewfest Stopwatch? (reforged of course) http://www.wowhead.com/item=71337#comments

I really want to get rid of that Soul Casket, but I'm not sure the Pocket Watch is powerful enough to make a difference. Hopefully I'll get my hands on a better trinket before brewfest...if the guild leader gets back in time. @_@
    Last edited by Bombkirby; 2011-09-19 at 03:10 AM. Reason: Fixing Typos

Yea I want to know the same thing as bombkirby, only I have the alchemist trinket, is the stopwatch going to be better than that?

Could you also make guides for arcane

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by datou View Post
    Could you also make guides for arcane
    This is a topic about Frost. You should read the Arcane topic in the Mage forum at Elitist Jerks. It contains everything you need to know.

Deleted
    I got 4 bit t12 last night, might give frost a go now so tired of arcane...

I know this has been asked so many times but...I forget the answer. XD

Lose the T11 2 piece bonus in exchange for the T12 2 piece bonus? Or don't lose the T11 bonus until you have the 4P T12 bonus?

Deleted
    Finally in post-it, about time

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god what is this shit? Why is this stickied? You guys are really trying to get me to work on the rewrite, aren't you?

@Bombkirby: Trinkets, sadly I can't sim due to issues. Tier, I'd take the 2p12 over 2p11. Try and pick up more crit elsewhere though to get capped though. As always, sim to be sure though.

Edit: 5:10 AM, I got SimC running again after digging through the garbage that is windbg. Sleep now.

Edit 2: Sleep delayed. What the hell happened to arcane with DTR? Pulls ahead by like 4k. Crying self to sleep now.
    Last edited by Kuni Zyrekai; 2011-09-23 at 12:17 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I stickied it because it's a very useful guide and it shouldn't get bumped off the first page. The only thing I need you to do is to change the wow-head links to http://db.mmo-champion.com/ so mouseover functionality is restored.

You have some time till 4.3, so don't freak about rewriting (I had to update my old FAQ a bit too...and I had to do it uphill both ways), but just so you know; with the newest SimCraft I was able to determine that the difference between 2/3 NWP and 2/3 FP is 64 DPS in favor of NWP.

Deleted
    Well hello fellow mages, I'll contribute to the Frost mage starting this week end, as I'm part of the French Frost Resistance since Vanilla. I thank everyone contributing constructively to the Frost mage thread. Too bad we lack a 5% crit debuff in our 10-man... forces me to go 25 % crit as of now.

Tis week end I'll probably make with some friends an extensive testing for the exact value of crit cap on boss-level foes, as the accepted value is now around 102% but has not really been extensively tested. I'll tell u the results on Monday prolly (and I also invite all the French Frost Resistance mages to contact me). I'll compare RoZ w/ the Brewfest caster trinket if i also have time for it

If you want to check my char I'm Kythandra on EU-Krasus (not the right to post links)

@Kuni

When you do the re-write/update make sure to include: http://opendevelop.fr/shatter/Shatter.html

It's been mentioned at least a few times in this thread, but it always gets buried. I had nothing to do with it's development, but I use it a lot and I love it. It's an amazing tool for knowing how much crit you need to reach the shatter cap. You plug in your unbuffed int, select the buffs you will have present in your raid, and it automatically includes the int gains from flask, food, and mark/kings to give you the precise amount crit rating you need to hit 34% crit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Edit 2: Sleep delayed. What the hell happened to arcane with DTR? Pulls ahead by like 4k. Crying self to sleep now.
    I know they are trying to get the DTR released on SimC for the next week. I know currently they have three questions remaining before releasing:

- Is the Flame/Frost Orb Explosion doubled?
    - Is the Living Bomb Explosion doubled?
    - Is Combustion doubled, and if so does it refresh the DoT ( like Warlock Shadowflame and Immolation do )?

If anyone has an answer to that, send a PM to Caltiom (http://elitistjerks.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=139125) over at EJ

Deleted
    Hey Kuni! Congratulations to the well deserved sticky. Keep it up! : )

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Oh god what is this shit? Why is this stickied? You guys are really trying to get me to work on the rewrite, aren't you?

@Bombkirby: Trinkets, sadly I can't sim due to issues. Tier, I'd take the 2p12 over 2p11. Try and pick up more crit elsewhere though to get capped though. As always, sim to be sure though.
    Got it. Thanks. Gratz on the sticky! This is great!
    Last edited by Bombkirby; 2011-09-23 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Typo/trimmed the quote

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    I know they are trying to get the DTR released on SimC for the next week. I know currently they have three questions remaining before releasing:

- Is the Flame/Frost Orb Explosion doubled?
    - Is the Living Bomb Explosion doubled?
    - Is Combustion doubled, and if so does it refresh the DoT ( like Warlock Shadowflame and Immolation do )?

If anyone has an answer to that, send a PM to Caltiom (http://elitistjerks.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=139125) over at EJ
    When you say Combustion is duplicated, do you mean a new version of the spell popping up with a fresh duration or just each tick being copied if the spell causes the proc?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    When you say Combustion is duplicated, do you mean a new version of the spell popping up with a fresh duration or just each tick being copied if the spell causes the proc?
    Fairly sure they're referring to the actual combustion spell, the one that does minor fire damage as the DoT is applied. Should DTR copy THAT specifically, would it apply a second or refresh the DoT.

I only really play frost for domo / rag and thats do to scheduling and i double df the adds durin trans phase of rag..... However.... I got #2 log on domo this week for frost 25m norm... #1 person did36k! Havent checked out their log / gear yet