Page 55 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Why isn't this stickied anymore
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

I imagine its cos frost pve is dead for this tier

No, all spec guides were unstickied. No idea why, but it's nothing frost-specific.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It just cleans up the sticky spam we had going on. There's a general guide sticky that links out to the three specs.

Is this thread closed? I attempted to post, but it didn't accept it.

Edit: Guess not lol. I had a ? regarding brainfreeze. If you only h ave one proc for IF or DF, and BF has a instacast avail, does it ALWAYS outstrip DF? Or is that dependent on the number of points in Ignite or not? I generally use DF over BF. Just wondering if anyone might know the answer, or, if it is more complicated, could help me understand the situation better, and perhaps where you will gain more DPS with what situations/procs?
    Last edited by MacMasterMC; 2012-03-08 at 02:01 AM. Reason: found out answer

I'm pretty sure Deep Freeze always outstrips Brain Freeze on stun immunes, unless they have a fire specific damage increase.

Besides, how would you ever get into this situation in the first place? WE's Freeze should be up for all Deep Freeze casts, so you'll always have two stacks available at least.

Well, it is quite likely I am not playing it as streamlined as I ought to be, and am always open to improvements on my rotation. As far as gear, atm I do not have time to grind heroics, and for talents, I have done what I thought I could to maximize my dps. One of the difficulties I face is that I am nearly always short on crit cap in the guid raids I do. I had been geared to be at the crit cap before, but had used Mr. Robot, and it effectively told me to massively increase my priority on haste, though if someone has the moment to armory me or check me on Mr Robot or something like it, I am open to the feedback, and also on talents. Though I spent a month theorycrafting my frost spec after cata, and unless I am mistaken, I did not think that any of the tweaks changed how a pve would use frost. But I am open to suggestions on that as well. I am Geargirl on Queldorei. Please let me know. Thank you.

Deleted
    Why is the Frostfire Bolt glyph considered better than the Frostbolt one? Sure, Frostfire Bolt hits more hard, but it's not spammed as often as Frostbolt, not to mention the DoT is quite pathetic (it's what, 5 damager per proc?)

I wonder why there's such a low amount of frost mages on heroic spine. While doing less than arcane per tendon, frost surely does A LOT more than fire and most of other dps classes/roles per tendon. The VP trinket + 1 guaranteed DF + FFO procs spam will ensure 1.10m+ damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Deleted
    Your Frostfire Bolts should always crit now that we got rid of 4PT12, so the 15% bonus is always doubled (I guess ?), plus it gives you much bigger ignites.

LaplaceNoMa> And it is also great for breaking grips and burning down Corruptions

Edit: meant 4PT12 not T13 obviously
    Last edited by mmoc8b57eca00f; 2012-03-13 at 01:06 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Your Frostfire Bolts should always crit now that we got rid of 4PT13, so the 15% bonus is always doubled (I guess ?), plus it gives you much bigger ignites.

LaplaceNoMa> And it is also great for breaking grips and burning down Corruptions
    I'm still not in full T13, so it feels like until then I should use the Frostbolt glyph.

Deleted
    Well anyway you can have both

Er... last i looked, you should use both and Deep Freeze, so it's rather moot, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy67 View Post
    I imagine its cos frost pve is dead for this tier
    Frost is far from dead this tier, have you seen the numbers a frost mage can pull on madness?

Deleted
    Frost mages are far from the other specs on Madness, I don't really see what you meant

as a frost mage (reforged for fire so not even optimized) I could beat fire mages that were as if not more geared than I was on madness, frost is an absolute beast on that fight if you can time things perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by voltaa View Post
    Frost is far from dead this tier, have you seen the numbers a frost mage can pull on madness?
    Cant say i have

Deleted
    Perhaps those fire mages were just playing badly, don't you think ?

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMasterMC View Post
    Is this thread closed? I attempted to post, but it didn't accept it.

Edit: Guess not lol. I had a ? regarding brainfreeze. If you only h ave one proc for IF or DF, and BF has a instacast avail, does it ALWAYS outstrip DF? Or is that dependent on the number of points in Ignite or not? I generally use DF over BF. Just wondering if anyone might know the answer, or, if it is more complicated, could help me understand the situation better, and perhaps where you will gain more DPS with what situations/procs?
    DF over BF, always. Using BF without FoF isn't the end of the world, delaying DF is much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Why is the Frostfire Bolt glyph considered better than the Frostbolt one? Sure, Frostfire Bolt hits more hard, but it's not spammed as often as Frostbolt, not to mention the DoT is quite pathetic (it's what, 5 damager per proc?)
    This situation of frostbolt vs frostfire only comes up if you're using glyph of molten armour. At this point in gear, you honestly shouldn't.

As to the specifics, you're looking at 15% damage loss on FFB's direct damage. The tiny DoT, which while small, does add up to some decent damage; it still is a 3% damage gain in addition to the 15% from the DD boost. You also lose out on that ignite damage from lower FFB crits. FFB+Ignite works out to roughly 30% of my damage on my last log.

Now frostbolt vs MA, you lose 3% crit on your main nuke which accounts for 40% of your damage. FFB's glyph is just the better gain despite not casting it as much.

Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    I wonder why there's such a low amount of frost mages on heroic spine. While doing less than arcane per tendon, frost surely does A LOT more than fire and most of other dps classes/roles per tendon. The VP trinket + 1 guaranteed DF + FFO procs spam will ensure 1.10m+ damage.
    You answered it yourself, it does less than arcane. Combine that with the stigma of frost raiding, very few will play it in comparison to arcane.

Deleted
    Nice guide.