... LastLast
    Why isn't this sticky?

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Urmydinner View Post
    Why isn't this sticky?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...FORE-POSTING**

Hello Ladies and Gents.
    Gonna pop my post cherry. Kuni, great guide. You've inspired me to try frost again.

Played frost on the first 6 in Dragon Soul this week on heroic. I gotta say, it felt a little weak. But, I am WAY out of practice. And I feel there is a lot of room for improvement. Here are logs for everything but Yorsahj. Someone didn't upload for that fight. I died on Ultraxion. Wasn't paying attention and died to Fading Light D=.

Logs for this week:
    (wont let me post link) Black Dragonflight- <subpar> 3/13 raid.

We need more frost mage parses people!
    Maybe I'll try Spine and Madness this next week as frost.

I notice some weirdness with Icy Veins cd not reducing with 4pc from time to time. Anyone else get that? Tricks to avoiding it?

you might be poping IV before IV has actually fallen off so that would make it count as though you had 0 stacks of stolen time, leaving the CD at 2.4 min. Its happened to me, just make sure you do it at 8 or more after IV has fallen off, you should have no problem.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    you might be poping IV before IV has actually fallen off so that would make it count as though you had 0 stacks of stolen time, leaving the CD at 2.4 min. Its happened to me, just make sure you do it at 8 or more after IV has fallen off, you should have no problem.
    Thanks for the feed back sir!
    I was missing a power aura for Icy Veins, so that was probably the case!

Zumzumzum's calculator is 404'd.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Good news everyone: 40y Frostbolts! That also hit for roughly 20% more than on live.

And a glyph giving us 3 charges of FoF!

Deleted
    plus cleaving icelances (glyphed obv) if my eyes didn't deceive me!

They didn't.

I have to say i don't particularly like the mechanic of Frost Bomb, though, not to mention that Nether Tempest is a hell of a lot funnier to watch(every tick an Arcane Missile arcs from the target towards the secondary target... and it ticks every second).
    Also a bit dissapoint mages didn't get anything like the Shadowbolt glyph(reduces damage per bolt to 1/3, but tripples the number of bolts per cast plus they now launch from their back and robotech towards the target).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Good news everyone: 40y Frostbolts! That also hit for roughly 20% more than on live.
    Thank fucking god. Am I to assume the other frost spells got the same treatment?

Edit: Apparently so. I'm glad range limits aren't "flavour" anymore. Is it just me or is lance back up to x3?

---------- Post added 2012-03-22 at 01:49 PM ----------

I have to say i don't particularly like the mechanic of Frost Bomb
    It won't work as is. Haste dumping the cooldown means with certain procs/spell combinations we'll end up doing nothing but spamming frost bomb. Nether tempest seems much better, as you stated.
    Last edited by Kuni Zyrekai; 2012-03-22 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Thank fucking god. Am I to assume the other frost spells got the same treatment?

Edit: Apparently so. I'm glad range limits aren't "flavour" anymore. Is it just me or is lance back up to x3?
    Yeah, i noticed that too. When i got a 1.000.000 hit with it(oops). To bad it was just a dummy and my old live AB run out soon after. Was a fun ten minutes of everything hitting for more than even tanks have in health, though.

Frozen Orb brings back D2 memories. Not casting DF as a damage spell will take some getting used to.

Oh, and the 6 Mastery penalty appears to be gone. And Freeze still grants 2 FoF charges, but it's part of Freeze's tooltip now.
    Last edited by huth; 2012-03-23 at 01:52 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh, and the 6 Mastery penalty appears to be gone. And Freeze still grants 2 FoF charges, but it's part of Freeze's tooltip now.

Waiiiiiiiiiiit, what? We have our 20% base again? Second part is sexy, but 20% base confirmed returns?

Apparently. My char pane lists my Mastery as 14.94 (8.00 + 6.94) and the total bonus as 37%, whereas i only get ~24% on live and am pretty sure that i don't even break 10 mastery. That's with no armor active, so it's not from Mage Armor, either.

15+ Year Old Account
    Apparently. My char pane lists my Mastery as 14.94 (8.00 + 6.94) and the total bonus as 37%, whereas i only get ~24% on live and am pretty sure that i don't even break 10 mastery. That's with no armor active, so it's not from Mage Armor, either.
    Holy balls. That's 45% mastery from base, mastery buff and mage armour. And now triple damage lances are back? Blizz... Don't get our hopes up here.

10+ Year Old Account
    I desperately want to play Frost viably =<.

Deleted
    I really need to learn the frost spec better before MoP hits, thanks for the guide =)

Quote Originally Posted by French Hipster View Post
    I really need to learn the frost spec better before MoP hits, thanks for the guide =)
    Well its not going to be EXACTLY the same so don't practice toooo hard.

Deleted
    Can confirm, on live I have 6.19 mastery and the tooltip says 15% increased damage, whereas on beta I have 12.19 mastery and 30% damage. Does that mean mastery will be better than haste now?

It shouldn't really change the value of mastery. We just get more of it baseline.