Page 15 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Looking at your raid's crit debuff uptime, I see 42%. So that's very likely you hit during the downtime.

Also yes, 18.34%. I can't count guys, the above post I did, 18.34% not 17. I keep going 17% because flasks and kings and all that good stuff is almost 1% crit so I'm used to seeing 17% on my character sheet.

Being over crit cap isn't a bad thing, you bring your deep freeze and FFB just that much closer to 100% as well as frostbolt's crit rate higher. But it gives you room to reforge a little bit out of crit and get either haste or mastery, depending on your gear.
    Sad thing is, neither Rawr nor SimC can simulate all this really well yet, to find the best balance of our stats. ;_;

I going to put 19% , is a nice number , reforge the rest to haste .
    And yes Kuni your show 17.55~ i think

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    Sad thing is, neither Rawr nor SimC can simulate all this really well yet, to find the best balance of our stats. ;_;
    Agreed, Rawr hasn't liked me since Cata launched and SimC requires you to make the decisions and let it test and throw the results at you.

Seriously Rawr, if I give you options to optimize, don't spit out a result 1.7k DPS lower than source.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigas View Post
    I going to put 19% , is a nice number , reforge the rest to haste .
    And yes Kuni your show 17.55~ i think
    17.51, but I think I swapped gear since it last updated. Flasks and buffs and such shiny things brings me a hair under 19%, so I never really worry about it.

Deleted
    As previously announced i did some tests on the Dummys with 23.43% Crit

521 FoF IL crits out of 521 casted IL.

23.43% + 5% T11P2 Bonus + 5% ISB/scorch = 33.43% or 100% DP 'Shatter' Crit

Then i´ve done the test with Deepfreeze 31 DP crits out of 31 casted DP

23.43% + 5% Fury Rampage + 5% IBS = 33.43% or 100% 'Shatter' Crit

After 45 BFFFB on FoF and 100% crits i thought "that´s enough"

23.43% + 5% Fury Rampage + 5% IBS = 33.43% or 100% BFFFB on FoF 'Shatter' Crit

I couldn´t locate any errors with the 'Shatter' debuff (ISB) mechanic, but I didn´t tested it with scorch from Fire Mage

*Edit* Taking screenshots is a very good idea Kuni, damn i did´t had the same : /

*Edit2* Do you really think playing with 'Mage Armor' (except in burst phases) is not a big loss? Reforged 3% 'Molton Armor' are additional 4,2% Haste or 7,5% Frostburn from Mastery. I´m quite unsure about this.
    Last edited by mmocc7076034c2; 2011-04-28 at 02:13 PM.

It's a bigger loss to evocate than to switch armors according to sims.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Deleted
    Well, with Mana Hymn from Priest, 2 - 3 Gems and sometimes a short Evo, I didn´t had any problems. Okay, on encouters like Cho`gall i have to switch Armor, but the only disadvantage i had recognised is more expense and concentration on manamanagement.

Found some very pleasant news on the US Battle net:

Mage Bug Fixes

* Brain Freeze can now proc from Frostfire Orb (Rank 2).

* Flame Orb is now replaced with Frostfire Orb in the Spellbook and action bar when a mage selects the Frostfire Orb talent. This is purely a UI change.

* Pathing for Flame Orb and Frostfire Orb has been improved in certain situations.

This is another slight buff! Very nice!

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by citizenpete View Post
    Found some very pleasant news on the US Battle net:

Mage Bug Fixes

* Brain Freeze can now proc from Frostfire Orb (Rank 2).
    Very cool... pun intended.

From what i've heard, frost should out-dps fire in single-target fights.
    Today I tested frost on dummys, reforged to 16,97 Hit, ~17% Crit and 14 haste.
    I can't do more than ~15k dps (selfbuffed) and with fire i pull around 17k dps (only dps'ing on dummy without spready ignite or LB)
    SimC tells me to do 19k dps and rawr 13k dps.

Cast-Prio:
    FoF+DF
    FoF+FFB
    FoF+IL
    FB

+ CD's mostly on CD
    Doing everything what I read here so far

My Amory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...kriosad/simple

Do Frostmages scale heavily with raidbuffs (more than fire)?
    Is my Rotation wrong?

PS.: I tested Fire with the same stats as frost
    PPS.: Hopefully you understand everything what I'm trying to say, english is not my mothertongue

Quote Originally Posted by Brother View Post
    From what i've heard, frost should out-dps fire in single-target fights.
    Today I tested frost on dummys, reforged to 16,97 Hit, ~17% Crit and 14 haste.
    I can't do more than ~15k dps (selfbuffed) and with fire i pull around 17k dps (only dps'ing on dummy without spready ignite or LB)
    SimC tells me to do 19k dps and rawr 13k dps.

Cast-Prio:
    FoF+DF
    FoF+FFB
    FoF+IL
    FB

+ CD's mostly on CD
    Doing everything what I read here so far

My Amory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...kriosad/simple

Do Frostmages scale heavily with raidbuffs (more than fire)?
    Is my Rotation wrong?

PS.: I tested Fire with the same stats as frost
    PPS.: Hopefully you understand everything what I'm trying to say, english is not my mothertongue
    Lets see

DF doesn't damage dummies
    You miss atleast 30% crit chance under FoF raidbuffed
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by takolin View Post
    Lets see

DF doesn't damage dummies
    You miss atleast 30% crit chance under FoF raidbuffed
    That`s not true! The new dummies are stun immune. He has 17,21% + 3% Molten Armor + 5% T112P Bonus = 25.21% IL Crit selfbuffed.

With the 5% Crit Buff (Fury, Hunter, Feral) and 1% (flask, mdw, food) he is 31.21% FoF IL raidbuffed. (2.13% IL FoF miss)

With the additional 5% debuff ISB/scorch he has 34.21% Crit x 3 = 102.36% FoF Shatter Crit in Raid. (0% IL FoF miss)

DF and FFB doesn´t (sadly) benefit from the T112P Bonus, so with all buffs mentioned before he has 31.21% crit chance on Deepfreeze and Frostfirebolt (2.13% critical miss chance)

@Brother: I`ve sent you a pm in german.
    Last edited by mmocc7076034c2; 2011-04-28 at 08:22 PM.

Deleted

* Flame Orb is now replaced with Frostfire Orb in the Spellbook and action bar when a mage selects the Frostfire Orb talent. This is purely a UI change.
    After seeing this I changed my macro to '/cast Frostfire Orb' and it didn't work, whereas '/cast Flame Orb' still works :P

Funny little tidbit :P

Quote Originally Posted by zackkaufen View Post
    After seeing this I changed my macro to '/cast Frostfire Orb' and it didn't work, whereas '/cast Flame Orb' still works :P

Funny little tidbit :P
    Ok so it's not just me. I use FFO in a castsequence macro and using "Frostfire Orb" doesn't do anything. Using "Flame Orb" does cast FFO but grays out and breaks the macro I talked to a GM about it and he said he'd "report it". We'll see

I'm surprised there haven't been more posts about this. I thought everyone used some type of castsequence macro for the start of a fight.

Deleted
    Castsequence macro for the start? Isn´t that a little bit "arcane" ? : P What do you do if something sudden happen? What do you do at the beginning of the "V & T" encounter?

Castsequence macro for the start? Isn´t that a little bit "arcane" ? : P What do you do if something sudden happen? What do you do at the beginning of the "V & T" encounter?
    i don't understand what you mean :P I haven't come across an issue while using it.

Deleted
    I don´t know how your macro looks like. But if you have a the full opener as a castsequence, then you have to run for blackout while icy veins and 2 FFOs are active. Would be a pure DPS waste. But this is just an example. It depends on your guild tactics.

On Halfus HC I start with Pre-Pot, Mirrors, FFO, Petnova, DP, Icy Veins 10 - 20 Seconds later Timewarp/BL. After first drake is down, switch to the next drake, another Pot, FFO, DP, Coldsnap, DP, FFO, Icy Veins and Troll Berserking.

For me it really depends wich encounter I´m facing. Of course, on bosses like Argaloth i just do my standard opener and rotation.The second fact for me is, using macro is a litte bit "arcane" : )

But in the end, it´s a matter of taste.
    Last edited by mmocc7076034c2; 2011-04-28 at 11:36 PM.

I don´t know how your macro looks like. But if you have a the full opener as a castsequence, then you have to run for blackout while icy veins is active. Would be a pure DPS waste.
    By the time we get blackout I'm probably casting my first frost bolt and I do one of two things. if i have any FoF or BF i'll run in and use those if not i've positioned myself so that I blink exactly where I need to run in to so I just blink and start casting. but that's just me :P

15+ Year Old Account
    I don´t know how your macro looks like. But if you have a the full opener as a castsequence, then you have to run for blackout while icy veins and 2 FFOs are active. Would be a pure DPS waste.
    Ummm, what?
    BfA Beta Time

Deleted
    Hm, might be the language barrier, I´m sorry about that. On V&T I start with Pre-Pot, Mirrors, FFO, Petnova, DP, Troll Berserking. After Blackout and seeing myself not bothered from breath, I´ll continue with Icy Veins, Petnova (if on cooldown), DP, Coldsnap, DP, FFO. Right after the next Blackout I´m using next Icy Veins. But as stated before, it´s a matter of taste.

If you have no issues, then there is nothing to fix : )

I'm not sure what would be better between Mage and Molten armor in a raid where you don't have any class that can give you a 5% buff. I'm at 19% right now with no Molten armor. I also have the bonus set for 5% for Ice Lance.

Is Molten worth it in this case? With the glyph maybe?

DO NOT glyph for molten armor as frost ...