Page 46 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I guess you wanted to say "And Frost actually does pretty good dps on HC raggy on trap duty"
    And I agree with you, Ragnaros may be the best fight for Frost, with Shannox.

Haha yea..edited

Missing one of the 5% crit buff/debuffs means you are effectively losing out on A LOT of Haste/Mastery since you have to reforge so much more into crit. Can Frost function without one of those? Sure, but I can assure you that you could do more dps as Arcane if your raid comp doesn't include both. That's what I mean by being dependent on buffs/debuffs. Remember as a pure dps class your goal is to bring as much dps as possible. Frost can compete with Arcane, but you need both of those buff/debuffs (and 4pc t12) to do so.

As far as AoE on Molten Elementals for Rag, Arcane can stand outside of the stack and blink in to AE after seeds explode. Frost can do the same, but Arcane gets talents to improve AE. Frost does have an advantage on Sons since DF is an extra stun, this can be huge if you are doing 10 man and don't have a slew of knockbacks/stuns from other classes.
    Last edited by Kinmaul; 2011-10-06 at 04:13 PM.

Noone is argueing about if arcane is best thou. That's what i mean. See your first post was more about how fun and still competative now it turned into what is best dps spec as mage.

You do not have to bring your best dps spec into raid unless you are trying some server first or something similar -as long as it is competative- otherwise do you kick people that doesn't give any buff to raid and is not the best dps class in game and take the best dps class instead? It is same logic in basic.

I hope you understand what i mean i don't defend frost like it is best spec for dps or anything.

About Raggy molten elementals yes you can do that. Frost aoe is shit and btw as frost you single target nuke 2 of those adds before they come in melee range (Blizzard makes EVERYTHING proc it is awesome :P) but i'm sure arcane do more aoe-wise.

I'm getting some wierd results from Rawr. Currently telling me to drop my hit reforge on a trinket for haste dropping me below hit cap.
    Would also mind running a sim for me (I'm clearly doing something wrong).

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...yadai/advanced
    Yes, I'm aware the gem in my belt should be an int one, it's from pre-hit cap and it's pointless changing for the sake of 1 night, will be getting the FL rep belt next week.
    Trinket wise I currently have the two equipped as well as Necromantic Focus (378) and Mirthril Stopwatch.
    Everytime I open rawr it tells my different trinkets with different reforges. Why can't it make it's mind up

Buff-wise I only have 1 of the 5% crit buffs and 6% SP gain from Arcane Brilliance.

Thanks very much in advance.

Deleted
    Hey Guys! I was in bwd tonight and something strange happend to me on Magmaw heroic. I'm always on parasite duty, staying outside with a healer. I love this job due to high shatter Blizzard DPS, but not this time! Frost- and Petnova were always broken within a few seconds (approx 2 - 3). Did i missed something? And no, i was the only one with damage on parasites. Root left/broke by itself.

Any thoughts? Or did i missed some notes?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think my sim is going nuts.

yesterday, no matter what I did, it wanted me to go 2500 haste and not even shatter cap.

I had to disregard everything it told me and do every reforging / gemming myself, no big deal but I don't think haste is that prioritising

Sometimes some programs tell you to ignore shatter cap by a bit if you have proc intellect which gives crit chance maybe that's what happening to you.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by risskel View Post
    I'm getting some wierd results from Rawr. Currently telling me to drop my hit reforge on a trinket for haste dropping me below hit cap.
    Would also mind running a sim for me (I'm clearly doing something wrong).
    I'm getting using DMC:V+NMF, remove reforge on band of secret names. Drops you to 16.77% hit, but instead of something like 17.3% it's worth it. You've got 2pT11, so your crit should be okay without the one 5% buff. You'll just be sitting where we were in T11 gear: ice lance capped.

Quote Originally Posted by citizenpete View Post
    Hey Guys! I was in bwd tonight and something strange happend to me on Magmaw heroic. I'm always on parasite duty, staying outside with a healer. I love this job due to high shatter Blizzard DPS, but not this time! Frost- and Petnova were always broken within a few seconds (approx 2 - 3). Did i missed something? And no, i was the only one with damage on parasites. Root left/broke by itself.

Any thoughts? Or did i missed some notes?
    I didn't see this happen a couple weeks ago when I ran the BWD alt run. I don't believe there were any patches in BWD since the nerfs on reg. Seems odd for sure. I've never encountered this ever though.

Quote Originally Posted by Torian kel View Post
    I think my sim is going nuts.

yesterday, no matter what I did, it wanted me to go 2500 haste and not even shatter cap.

I had to disregard everything it told me and do every reforging / gemming myself, no big deal but I don't think haste is that prioritising
    What are you using to sim with and what's your armoury? I noticed Rawr likes to be haste heavy, but that can be fixed with the proper settings.

Great guide kuni. I wish mine would get stickied. Spread the cold!

Great thread, I knew all of the information you listed but its great to see other players actually play Frost, its a great spec and is way too underrated. My guild first recruited me and I said I played Frost they thought I was border line retarded. However once I showed them how good of a spec it really is they don't ever ask me to go Arcane unless the hunter isn't on and I have to do mechanics on H shannox. I am going to bookmark this page so I hope you continue to update it.

Deleted
    If you are in 10man Frost might be the best spec for handling Rageface, but we don't hit hard enough for 45k in 25man I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    If you are in 10man Frost might be the best spec for handling Rageface, but we don't hit hard enough for 45k in 25man I guess.
    Please explain. The only boss I really found to be frustrating when doing 6/7H 10man as frost was Shannox, simply becuase not-so-instant-travel-casts weren't reliable and DF isn't up for every face rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Deleted
    Well you just got to have one FoF ready for every Face rage, this is instant cast so you can do it while moving, blinking etc... no stack to maintain like in Arcane, this is just perfect

I have a macro and I just push the key when Rageface jump, you don't even have to wait for him to land, the ice lance touch him when he starts eating the player :
    /target Rageface
    /cast Ice lance

Perhaps your gear doesn't allow you to do 30k, but if you are 6/7HM you should have enough intellect
    You even have the Ice lance glyph to ensure you do 30K+ for lowly geared people.

10+ Year Old Account
    For some reason Deep Freeze and Flame Orb aura wont work for me

Intel i5 3570k, Gigabyte 7870 OC 2GB AMD RADEON, Kingston Hyperx T1 2x4GB 1600mhz,
    Seasonic 520w M12, Asrock Z77 Pro4, WD 500GB Blue

Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    Please explain. The only boss I really found to be frustrating when doing 6/7H 10man as frost was Shannox, simply becuase not-so-instant-travel-casts weren't reliable and DF isn't up for every face rage.
    Ice Lance should do more than enough to break Rageface's channel. As reference, my mage does 30k+ ice lances with 369 ilevel. And as a poster said before, you should bank one charge of FoF as much as you can for moments like these and whatnot.

Deleted
    Item - Mage T13 4P Bonus (Arcane Power, Combustion, and Icy Veins) now reduces the cooldown of Combustion by 5 sec, up from 3 sec, and the cooldown of Icy Veins by 10 sec, up from 6 sec.
    I hope 4.3 isn't coming too soon, at this rate we might get a Set bonus that just resets Icy Veins duration at each Frost Bolt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDeadcruel View Post
    For some reason Deep Freeze and Flame Orb aura wont work for me
    Sorry that I can't help much with those, as I don't use them anymore. The set I linked after them I much preferred and have switched over to them after modifying them. It worked last time I tried them, which was a little bit after I hit revered with Avengers of Hyjal.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    I hope 4.3 isn't coming too soon, at this rate we might get a Set bonus that just resets Icy Veins duration at each Frost Bolt
    ~45% uptime is interesting. I'm still incredibly wary of actually using it in place of 4pT12, but it's quite an attractive bonus now. I do fear the two bonuses will heavily devalue haste though, forcing us into mastery, when we're not getting as many FFBs off. Too early to tell though. It seems they're providing buffs to the lower DPS specs, so we'll see.

15+ Year Old Account
    A passive 9% Haste isn't too bad of a bonus for Frost, but it doesn't really compare to approx. 13% increased damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, but judging by the fact there are at least 3 extra sockets over what's on T12, I am moderately afraid of the chance Blizz won't compensate for the loss of 4pT12, and by sheer stats alone we'll be forced into T13 while the other two specs out-scale frost again.