Question Black Arrow & Explosive Trap Share A CD???

Is this intentional or is it a bug? Whenever I fire off my Black Arrow my Explosive Trap goes on CD.

Deleted
    as far as im awareits been like that for a while

Yea, L2Read... Black Arrow tooltip says it does... sorry bout that lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been that way for months...

Been that way since Black Arrow was first created over two years ago.

Black Arrow is a "fire" trap. Think of it as a stronger Immolation Trap that instantly affects its target without being first deployed on the ground and deals shadow damage instead of fire.
    Dual Wielding: Equipping one weapon in each hand. Utilized by enhancement shamans, warriors, rogues, DK's, hunters.
    Duel Wielding: Equipping a rabid feral gnome in each hand and watching them inevitably tear each other into little gnome bits. Utilized by bored tauren warriors and also frequently by forum posters who can't spell "Dual Wielding."

Black Arrow has no logic behind it at all. If survival is meant to be about traps, then why would they not even allow us to use an explosive trap on a group of mobs just because we fired a black arrow in one. Black Arrow has changed since its release and it will probably change again.

I was actually pretty surprised to see black arrow remain the 31 point talent. I had fully expected it to get replaced with something new, and moved further up the tree before launch (and most of my other beta predictions were correct). It just feels really lackluster as a final talent. Beast master gets the ability to tame a whole slew of new pets, as well as 4 free pet talent points (which make a HUGE difference), Marksman gets its signature and oh-so-nifty chimera shot, which finally grants them the serpent sting refresh and a HEAL, and Survival gets... an easier way to do something they can already do?

The whole point of black arrow is for use as a lock and load trigger. The duration and CD are such that it's not really the dot that's the main feature of the shot, but it's ability to give you free explosives, which you can already do by trapping. It's not even a higher proc percentage. You basically have all the tools of your final rotation by level 41, and nearly every talent after that is just a dps boost (or in black arrows case, convenience). MM's rotation isn't complete without it's 31 pointer, and BM doesn't get any of it's really strong and/or fancy pets without it's 31 pointer, SV got left in the cold on this one.

I just don't think the 31 pointer should be a convenience talent.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

The good news, I suppose, is that you can actually use Black Arrow on some trash mobs. Especially the single pull mobs (which by the way, they need to up their rep like they did in Wrath) and get the full duration. I will say that being able to trap in 5-mans and having to trap often definitely helps with the LnL proc. In Wrath, Black Arrow was useless on anything but bosses.