Deleted

Healing in Blackwing

hey guys, 1st time i am posting here

So my guild ran 2times inside the Blackrock and after some tries we could kill Magmaw but did not get 2nd boss down...

RaidSetup so far:
    Tank: DK,Warrior
    Heal: Pala,Druid,Priest
    DD: 2Hunter,Warlock, Ele-Shaman,Rogue

But until the boss died we had a lot of issues...

At first I tried holy and healed through it with around 10khps, pala 12khps and druid something between us, but incoming damage was too high that we couldnt heal everything. So I tried Disc, PW:Barrier was very nice and after a few tries we could kill him, but my hps went down a lot and i also had mana issues. My main problem is, that i really don't know how to heal effective with Disc-Specc. At first i specced with Archangel but i really dont like smiting the boss and eventually healing the right target. So i left it out and spent the points somewhere else... cant post links /sad panda
    1st question: How can I heal the most effective way as a disc priest? Spamming shields on every player is most of the time very expensive and the shield is away before my gcd is ready^^ so i have PoM and PoH(in connection with Inner Focus) to heal the grp and i use power infusion/shadow fiend(incl. Vieled shadows) to save up some mana. Spamming "Heal" is not really an opinion to keep everyone up... So how do you heal the first boss or how would you heal with this raidcomp?

2nd question: I just dont know why i should use haste, because i am enchanting my items with haste, choosing some clothes with haste, but my cast time doesnt get lower, i always have to cast 2.1sec for "Heal" but you need way too much hasterating to lower the casttime, so wouldn't it be better to stack mastery that my Shields are a little bit more effective and last longer on my mates? or do i have the same problem with mastery-rating?

Deleted
    so more than 100 viewers and no one has an opinion/advice? was my english that bad?^^

If your shield has been consumed = It has done its work.

Dont use HPS unless the numbers are coming from WoW logs or Skada with heal+absorbs..
    Shield doesnt count as "healing" but more like avoided damage.. So if you are using recount or some other simple healing meter your HPS will always be alot lower as disc since its very shield based..

Your effective healing might be just as good as disc without you knowing it if you dont use the right tools to measure it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluasen View Post
    Dont use HPS unless the numbers are coming from WoW logs or Skada with heal+absorbs..
    Shield doesnt count as "healing" but more like avoided damage.. So if you are using recount or some other simple healing meter your HPS will always be alot lower as disc since its very shield based..

Your effective healing might be just as good as disc without you knowing it if you dont use the right tools to measure it
    Recount counts Absorbs now.

if you do so much hps the problem isn't "how can i heal so much damage", but "how can't they avoid so much damage".
    if everyone avoids as much damage as possible your hps will be around 9-10k hps and no one will die

The magmaw fight isnt an easy one... during the chains phase is when you stop all casting and regen mana as much as possibly by either using CD's or have others use them for you... but inbetween the chains phases you will probably use all your mana jus healing the spit he does. You have 30-45 seconds or so during chains if done properly to regen a decent amount of mana either by Hymn or using shadowfiend or any other methods you may have available.