Too many tornadoes?

In Heroic vortex Pinnacle on Altairus, does anybody else feel that there are too many tornadoes? I got chained into 4 as soon as the encounter started and was down to about 10% health and was Chain lightninged by the boss and died. I understand their purpose, but....did they really need to put 30 of them!?!?!?!?! 10 would be nice, 13 would be hard, but 30?! really?

Best fight in any heroic enjoy it.

It's a heroic, you're meant to look where you're standing. Though I agree they're annoying, especially as a tank I can barely see them under the Wind and the Breaths, but since I've "solod" him/her twice now it's fine. : /

Generally looking down diagonally works best, can still see the wind direction and the Tornadoes, just.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2010-12-17 at 03:30 AM. Reason: Added tip.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most hated boss so far.
    It's a tricky encounter (which is shiny), but the whirlwinds are tough to spot.

I flip my camera top down, makes life simpler.
    Getting chain thrown out of the area then getting "cowardiced" sucks though

No?
    Its fine.
    Its easy to know who or what wiped you on that fight.
    Its one of my favorite fights on heroic as a tank, besides Karsh Steelbender for the movement.
    If you fail that fight as a tank, your group will know.
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

There's a small, smooth ramp on either side of the 'stairs' on his platform, the tornadoes never path there.. Its safe place to tank him so you dont have to keep moving the boss.
    Random other tip: if you taunt him as he targets someone else to do his breath attack he does it on you, this reduces overall group healing needed by a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeyinde View Post
    Most hated boss so far.
    It's a tricky encounter (which is shiny), but the whirlwinds are tough to spot.

I flip my camera top down, makes life simpler.
    Getting chain thrown out of the area then getting "cowardiced" sucks though

As a tank I zoom out for 2 reasons
    1) know where the majority of the tornadoes are at all times
    2) see the wind flow
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

I find as a caster, if i stood DEAD CENTER of the room, i'd only have to move an inch or two like 2 or 3 times in the fight. i did get caught twice with the slow but just ate it for the whole whopping 20 seconds or whatever, used that time to hot myself, reapply my dots and cast my treants. It's not nessesary or even overly needed for every single dps to get every single 100% buff.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexar View Post
    There's a small, smooth ramp on either side of the 'stairs' on his platform, the tornadoes never path there.. Its safe place to tank them so you dont have to keep moving the boss.
    Random other tip: if you taunt him as he targets someone else to do his breath attack he does it on you, this reduces overall group healing needed by a lot.
    That's a good trick, which I use aswell - though I think it's a bug. I don't think it's intended that you can taunt off the breath.

I have never had any problems moving from the tornados, facing the right direction (back against the wind) and so on.

A good fight, but in my opinion it's one of the easiest fights (and that instance probaly the easiest heroic at the moment).

This fight is all about beeing aware of your surroundings and not how much dps you do. - If done correctly, the healer can keep his mana up for an infinite amount of time.

Deleted
    I have to get something off my chest about this boss.
    I entered vortex pinnacle at about 23.00hours.
    I figure about 20 minutes later we arrived at Altairus.
    At 01.35 we still did not down him, we went through lots of healers and lots of dps, only the tank and me never left.
    We did (estimated) between 13 and 18 attempts, of which running all the way back was the most annoying part, even with the portal at the start you have to do a quite long run.
    Everytime people were not able to avoid the cyclones, most players left after one whipe.
    This boss was not downable for us.

At first I tought: they have to reduce the number of tornadoes.
    But as the evening went by i realized its not the number of tornadoes.
    Most people still think they can get away with everything.
    In stead of watching their steps while running to a good 'windspot' and because of that do a little less dps, they rather run like headless chickens to be in the good 'windspot' asap to continue nuking, and they run into the first cyclone they meet on their path.
    The tank and I ended up making a macro:
    In this fight its not about rushing the meters, its about avoiding the cyclones, a dead dps will not lead the meters anyway.
    This unfortiunatly did not help.

We ended up not downing the boss because of this