Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksmithking View Post
    I think cloth drop rates are too low. I've had tailoring on one of my mains for three expansions now, and even with all the cloth from my dual-box team, I've never had enough cloth to actually produce something meaningful before farming in endgame. If I have to farm at endgame just to produce something useful, what's the point? Tailoring may as well have two skill levels only, 450 and 525.
    Which crafting professions dont require extensive farming or buying lots of mats on AH?
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's just right. It should take some time to re cap your crafts, and you don't want everything to become common instantly. If you need more cloth, go farm.

---------- Post added 2010-12-27 at 05:41 PM ----------

80-81 takes like 10 minutes lol and you have to consider how many of those enemies may not be humanoid and the fact that less cloth drops in the starting zones.

Deleted
    I felt it pretty reasonable until you get late on and you need masses of cloth to get up a point. I suppose professions shouldn't be easy and there should be some auction house stalking for some cheap mats every now and again.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I leveled first my DK and it seemed quite low droprate, but now im leveling prist, who has tailoring as one of the professions, and it feels like the cloth droprate is better ? Is it just me, or does the profession effect it ?

Yes, profession does affect it.
    If you remember, in WOTLK tailors could learn cloth scavenging. It works in cataclysm as well and lets tailors loot additional cloth
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Drops for me alot and fyi it drops only from humanoids

Wow, can't believe so many people are bitching. My tailor is 525 and it wasn't easy but it shouldn't be a two or three day process. You farm cloth, sell the crafts or enchants from DE'ing the items if your a chanter as well, farm some more while you wait for the stuff to sell, buy some cloth and rinse and repeat until 525. Hell, you can even que for an instance while you farm, and get some cloth in there as well. The drop rate is fine. Keeps our crafts from being completely worthless when we want to sell them.

Deleted
    from what i see, everything is lower drops. herbing and mining is alot less rewarding than wrath, and getting certain elements seems fairly tricky too. Skinning seems the only thing they didnt balance to be alot harder.

Seems fine to me, I'm not a tailor and leveled from 80-85 and got over 4 stacks. I would assume if I were a tailor i'd have double the amount if not more.

As a tailor myself I would like to see a little rise in the drop rate, I'm not talking about getting 2 pieces of cloth of each mob a minimum, just a little rise

Well, I hate to state the obvious, but this is an MMO. In my guild, most toons have no need for the silk, so it is all donated to the bank for the Tailors in the guild. At this point, we have two of every profession maxed out, and we are not even a large guild - or hard core. Stop trying to make it a single player game, and embrace the MMO part of it, and you will find it much more enjoyable.

15+ Year Old Account
    A low droprate is good imo and they should keep it like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Anüket View Post
    Seems fine to me, I'm not a tailor and leveled from 80-85 and got over 4 stacks. I would assume if I were a tailor i'd have double the amount if not more.
    that would get you no where in the profession though lol

in each stack you would only have 4 bolts as 5 pieces makes a bolt(16bolts from ur 4stacks).. and in later recipes you need 10+bolts(so 4 stacks would be 1 and a bit skill ups in some cases!)

i expected to pay for quite a few bits off the AH like i did in WOTLK but i did feel i didnt get much from drops maybe i was just unlucky i dont even think i hit the 4 stacks u got from 80-85...

currently ive got enchanting to 501 and tailoring to 521 and have spent easily over 15k gold... without buying any of the recipes in twighlight highlands too

Quote Originally Posted by Anüket View Post
    You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about...

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    Yes, profession does affect it.
    If you remember, in WOTLK tailors could learn cloth scavenging. It works in cataclysm as well and lets tailors loot additional cloth
    No. If you look at the skill on your professions tab, it specifically states it's only for NORTHREND HUMANOIDS. And, last time I checked, none of the Cataclysm zones are in Northrend.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=59390

Quote Originally Posted by Thancia View Post
    No. If you look at the skill on your professions tab, it specifically states it's only for NORTHREND HUMANOIDS. And, last time I checked, none of the Cataclysm zones are in Northrend.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=59390
    It works in Cataclysm too.

Cloth drop rate is pretty low.

10+ Year Old Account
    Idk, I've leveled every prof except eng by now and tailoring by far took the longest. It also cost the most to buy mats from the AH. I just think that a lot of mobs have terrible drop rates. That said, when the Alliance *finally* took Tol Barad, I discovered the inmates and was in love...until we lost TB for a week straight.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

I had all the cloth from two toons and still couldn't get anything useful out of Tailoring. Why is it, effectively, and endgame profession? Why do embersilk drop rates have to be so low when dreamcloth cooldowns already slow things down? At least as a blacksmith, I can make some leveling gear before 85, without any need to farm.