Tol Barad Very Poor Design!

So i did Tol Barad for the first time today. WE got slaughtered, alliance sat at 1 Garrison the whole time. Is this what Blizzard wanted a PvP zone that all you have to do is sit at one base and hold it for 30 minutes to win?

When it's around, 30V30 yeah it's going to be tough for you to get in.
    WoW only has 10 million subscribers it must be dying! WoW sucks!
    I'm sorry no, clearly you didn't see Chuck Norris allowed 10 million to survive his Purge.

yeah i'm sure that blizzard are looking into this. there have been many threads about this very thing and there is no way that they would let that happen for too long imo.

Thats the thing we had 60+ people there your not going to kill 60 people just sitting there we all know by experiance from WG that getting people to work together is like trying to get a pug to get a world first HM LK kill

although it sounds like your realm just sucks, the attacking are at a huge dis advantage, which shouldn't be the case, also being an alli, tol barad switches only in the middle of night on our server when one side has a little bit more people. IM not saying its impossible, because my guild and another teamed up on vent, and were able to attack and win it, but not many pug groups can do it on a normal basis. Those wanting to attempt it, You have to zerg one base, split off and hit 2, and hope u get them before the horde/alli capture the one you zerg. But yah, something needs to be changed

Tol barad massively favours the defending team due to where the defending graveyard is. When you take a location you must hit it in force and by the time you have killed the enemy in the area and begin the cap the resers are moving to another one of the locations which the attackers cannot get to as fast.

The defending team can just have one massive raid going round and round and hold it all day long.

Deleted
    TBH, I think the TB is catered more for rated BG teams that can work together. It's not nearly impossible to win a siege if you just team play... Witch I would expect from rated BG players.

Quote Originally Posted by zewrath View Post
    TBH, I think the TB is catered more for rated BG teams that can work together. It's not nearly impossible to win a siege if you just team play... Witch I would expect from rated BG players.
    So what you're saying is every PVP related objective ever is catered solely and specifically to the brand new concept of rated BG teams, and not just simple teamwork?

Alright then.

Quote Originally Posted by zewrath View Post
    TBH, I think the TB is catered more for rated BG teams that can work together..
    Some would argue that that is this entire game.
    Those that do not are terrible.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

Hey at least your getting in. I hit que everytime its up and have yet to get in. Makes me want to swap to alliance so I can actually pvp and get into rated bg's w/o an hour long que...

Yeah trying to get a random bunch of people to work together isn't easy. And Tol Barad just magnifys it. In Beta it was the same we reported that it overly favoures the Defenders, and its just the same on live. Only way the attackers have any chance of winning is early morning praying the opposite faction aren't around.

Tol Barad is just poorly designed. It doesn't really have anything to do with whether your realm is balanced or not, since the balancing aspect is necessary (because tenacity was the worst mechanic they put in the game) , it has to do with the fact that the defending team can just sit in one spot and win. There's no depth to it for them, and it's almost impossible to dislodge the entire team since it's always even.

Yes, you can overcome this with much better teamwork, but the teamwork necessary to win should be equal on both sides. When one side can sit in a spot and zerg anyone who attacks, and the other has to coordinate everyone to attack at once and to dive past the line to get healers, etc, and then even if you get the point, unless you have people already at the other points they'll just take another one and do the same. There's no depth to that, and no real teamwork.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now this place .. this is the new dailys ?

And is it only PvP ?

What about dailys for people who hate PvP ??

I only won once during on hours on my realm (talking about attacking we win wen we defend my realm is balanced)
    It was complete luck but we managed to get 2 of them while a group held the horde inside the third then we all left first two and blockaded the horde inside till we got it

Quote Originally Posted by Redwine View Post
    Now this place .. this is the new dailys ?

And is it only PvP ?

What about dailys for people who hate PvP ??
    The dailies are completely PVE. There's two zones in Tol Barad. One is dailies-only for both factions, and one is for the PVP battle. In between battles, the faction that "owns" Tol Barad can do even more dailies in that part of the zone, without getting flagged or anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh .. tyvm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rat View Post
    The dailies are completely PVE. There's two zones in Tol Barad. One is dailies-only for both factions, and one is for the PVP battle. In between battles, the faction that "owns" Tol Barad can do even more dailies in that part of the zone, without getting flagged or anything.
    Lol i had no idea there were more dailies if u controlled cuz it has yet change sides on my server...hopefully they fix tb soon so i can do them lol

I can't believe Tol Barad's design, when I entered it for the first time I assumed you would win by holding 2/3 when the Time ran out or get an extra bonus by winning it before the time runs out by getting 3/3.

This would ensure an almost 50/50 win which it should be.

Worst 'BG' Ever

Maybe it would be better if the longer the defender held TB, the easier it became for the attacker to capture a base. Changing the possesion bar from [xxx----------ooo] to [xxxxxxx------ooo] after four consecutive losses might be enough to balance it.

I'm playing as horde and we're totally dominating TB, we've lost it twice iirc - most of the PVPers transfered horde this season, so combine that with the defender advantage and alliance don't stand a chance. Alliance know it, horde know it, I guess Blizzard are still unaware - even after TB was flamed during beta.

Kinda sucks, it would be tons more fun if it was an even fight...
    Last edited by Dcruize; 2010-12-17 at 10:43 AM.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

Tol Barad is horrible....on my server the Horde only controlled it ONCE during the first week after the cataclysm xpac launch....then when everyone figured it out what it was, it hasn't been won since. Like people are saying above, it's impossible to control all 3 bases because all the alliance (or defending team) has to do is just run in on one and re-take it. Simple as that....no matter how many you have "defending" each base....it just can't be done. Unless, as previously stated, you get lucky one day and there aren't any defenders, or fewer defenders than attackers, or the defenders are just complete and utter idiots. PLEASE FIX THIS....it's extremely unfair to have it where one faction can't win therefore CAN'T raid Baradin's Hold...
    Last edited by red77y; 2010-12-27 at 02:45 AM.