Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    there are some fights that cant be outgeared, or at least not fully. I reckon Anub Rekhan in TOC.
    But there are not much of these fight as they need very special boss mechanics and we dont want all fights to be somewhat equal.

So since that isnt an option, blizzard has to measure the difficulty of their heroics, so people will be able to handle them.
    The skill differences in players varies a LOT and also the willingness to put effort into solving an instance.
    So no matter what they will measure, there always will be dudes posting "OMG you serious blizzard? how is one supposed to solve this???" while other post at the same time "Oh well, it was fun for 2 days, but then i got one epic and all was roflstomp".

As you can see at the numer of whining threads, telling us that heroics are too hard, that blizzard really did a jump in diffculty compared to WOTLK. And again, judging the number of whining threads, they almost overdid it.

Well not for me personally, since i tend to play with capable players, but for the majority it seems to be right at the edge or even slightly over it. So in my eyes they did a quite good job. If you still arent forced enough to play out all your skills, then you need to think of a way to do that yourself. E.G. Ignoring CC, bringing one player less, having a twink healer, wearing some greens, laying down shield, not buffing and pimping, taking out the non combat pet which reduces your resistances, ... there are endless possiblities to tune up difficulty for yourself, and by adding those you can gain a large variety of difficulty increases, to fit your needs.

If you are bored after 9 days of expansion i can tell you that you probably are near to sick of wow and will cancel your sunscription somewhen soon anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrel View Post
    So how do you propose that Heroics are challenging at ilvl 329, but still challenging at 346? If heroics were still to be challenging at ilvl 346 would they even be doable at 329? I'm just curious as to how you think the problem should be handled.
    More one-shot, don't-stand-in-a-fire observe-your-surroundings retard-check mechanics is one way to do that.
    Gear does not matter with those mechanics factored in - doesn't matter if you're clad in full epics or 290ilvl greens - if you're on the ball you won't take any damage at all, if you fail you die. always.

easy.

Seeing as you still have to run a tank, healer, 3 dps set up, I would not say you are over gearing. When you can have 5 dps clearing a heroic, with just vampiric embrace or healing stream doing enough healing; this is when you are over gearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Boggle View Post
    Seeing as you still have to run a tank, healer, 3 dps set up, I would not say you are over gearing. When you can have 5 dps clearing a heroic, with just vampiric embrace or healing stream doing enough healing; this is when you are over gearing.
    No, this would be poor game design.

As for "totally ignoring boss mechanics" from the top of my mind I can only think of 1 that you might be able to ignore, although it would make the fight unnecessarily long and that is the first boss in Vortex Pinnacle. Maybe I've missed a few, but most bosses still have a "If you stand here when I'm angry, you're dead" ability. So I'm going to call you out on this, are there anymore. Again I may have missed some.
    Last edited by Ragorna; 2010-12-17 at 11:38 AM.
    Pilot: We've got a little situation ladies and gentlemen.
    Samuel: What seems to be the problem, Mr. pilot, sir?
    Pilot: There are snakes on the plane.
    Samuel: FFFFFFUUUUUU

Dear Blizz

(Insert name) just finished all the instances on heroic mode. Can you please make them harder because he/she has done them all, and not worry about 95% of the players who have not finished them yet?

Lots of Love
    (insert name)
    [Casual player with real job and responsibilities]

Um......Shouldn't you raid now?

maybe people play less than you

Deleted
    what is this QQ about? you rushing thru content and now have to wait for your guildies to get gear? wtf is wrong with you??? *facepalm*

some mechanics cant be ignored.. i'd like to see a tank ignoring ozruk's ground slam.. and besides you are raid ready go bang your head against a raid boss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morguemaus View Post
    Dear Blizz

(Insert name) just finished all the instances on heroic mode. Can you please make them harder because he/she has done them all, and not worry about 95% of the players who have not finished them yet?

Lots of Love
    (insert name)
    [Casual player with real job and responsibilities]
    I am not even a casual player and I agree with this, so what if you blasted through heroics with your guild group, this is an exception, not the rule.
    You can either do them again, do the rest of the achievements, or go and raid.

i recall facerolling the BC heroics after getting full heroic gear / first raid tier gear, nothing new

15+ Year Old Account
    just because you ignored like 2 boss mechanics doesn't mean they can all be ignored, so which did you ignore? because i can name a ton of fights where you can't.

Quote Originally Posted by choji7 View Post
    I'm sorry? What did you expect? Do raiding now... Do raiding on hard modes... Heroics are right where they're suppose to be. It was actually like this for BC assuming you ran with a prot pally... I remember running h shattered halls on my prot pally and did the whole run in like 25 minutes with a group of all BT/MH geared people. And it was like this for wrath as well (though most people don't remember heroics being hard in wrath... they were the first week or so, they really were). Give the general population a month or two and a lot more people will start saying how easy heroics are.
    You can't compare this with TBC. You're saying that it was the same issue in tbc with gear from the 2 last raiding instances in the entire expansion, while the OP are just gearing up for current raids.

Most TBC heroics were far more difficult than the Cata ones, and way more fun aswell.

Deleted
    If you can get 85 in 3 days then you're not putting enough effort into your finals, just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Diurden View Post
    i recall facerolling the BC heroics after getting full heroic gear / first raid tier gear, nothing new
    No you don't recall facerolling h shattered halls and h shadow labs with Karazhan gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    No you don't recall facerolling h shattered halls and h shadow labs with Karazhan gear.
    sure i do mister

In the current state, new players won't learn to play in heroics like they should.
    And WOTLK raid pattern will strike once again because blizzard will have no other choice if they want to keep their player base.

TBC heroics achieved much more in term of learning process.

I agree that there should be more instant kill mechanics, because they cannot be overgeared. that is unless you can dps fast enought to not get the mechanic but then I think it's fair enough cus you'd be a fair deal over the item req. but in general more skill based gameplay is always better imo

at the end of the day, doesn't vastly outgearing heroics indicate that you've done them plenty already and it's time to move on?
    if anything it's bad design to force people to do old content to grind for current tier items

10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    Here's a revelation; not everyone likes raiding. Amazing, 'innit?

I wonder why all raiders get massively butt hurt whenever someone brings up the "what about the rest of the content?" which usually gets the "LOL GO RAID NOOB" reply.
    Here's a revelation; if you want something to be challenging then don't trivialise it. Amazing, 'innit?

Don't like raiding? Then stop complaining that heroics are too easy when you out gear them.

You gear from regulars to step into raids. When you are geared enough to raid, you can't expect the easier content to remain difficult.