Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #81
    If you pushed your way through all the content in 9 days and you have to wait on the rest of your guild to catch up I'd say that is your fault. You're obviously a hard core type who raids with more casual folks.

    Should've taken your time and enjoyed the content with your guild.

    Unless you're in the small % of guilds who have already cleared 12/12 on normal then you really have no room to complain about anything IMO.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by BuryGnome View Post
    And that is because dmg on heroics was recently nerfed.
    Show me a Blue post or any proof that what you say is true...

    You cant!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oradraffe View Post
    MoP is not happening i can promise that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tric619 View Post
    Been playing since week 1 and still believe Mop is the next expac? >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Feyrzhuk View Post
    MoP will never be a WoW expansion. Feel free to flame and ridicule me should I be proven wrong.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaCore View Post
    Yeah, you blazed through heroics when you were in T6 raid gear. Not when you in in blues from said heroics. Heroics should still be a matter of skill even if they are "outgeared". Completely ignoring certain boss mechanics 6 days after they used to matter is absurd.
    I do miss the days of burning crusade. You have to realize though that back in vanilla wow and burning crusade, gear upgrades made a lot less difference than they do today and in wotlk. ilvls aren't increasing by 5-10 per tier anymore, they're increasing by quite a bit more than that, and I'm glad for that, with what its like at 85 and the ilvl wotlk left us at we need decent ilvl upgrades per tier for it to matter, otherwise the difference between t11 and t12 will be like 5% which doesn't cut it.

    I remember in the BC days, my hunter alt was able to go to tk/ssc after we had everything on farm and was waiting for new content and I had mostly regular/heroic dungeon gear and some kara gear and I did just fine compared to other people's mains, sure I was maybe 100-200 dps lower than some of the hybrids, but I wasn't really behind the guild as a whole on the dps meters(I was right in line in the bottom half) because I knew how to play the class well. If that would happen today, that wouldn't be possible (remember this guild was very good, people knew how to play). I remember much later when my guild had MH/BT on farm and was waiting on new content I was able to bring my enhance shaman in who was in mostly ZA/kara gear and I still did just fine, though it was a bit more noticeable than my hunter going to t5 content (t6 was when ilvls started to get a bit inflated in my opinion) but I was still able to keep up with my guild on the dps meters.

    So while its true that it took people to get to t5/t6 gear for the heroics in BC to be easy, we have to remember that ilvls progressed much slower back then and it was much harder to outgear content. BC was mostly about encounter mechanics and being able to play your character correctly and creating party/raid synergy (like shadow priests with mages or shadow priests with healers and enhance shaman with melee characters like rogues). Now gear upgrades really matter and a lot of it has to do with gear and less about mechanics (though blizzard is trying to make it about mechanics and gear now in cata).

  4. #84
    While there are some constructive posts in this thread, there is more flaming going on than decent posts. Keep it civil, people.

    Heroic Recruitment -- Hersh's multi-PoV kill vids. -- Raids & Dungeons & Hunter kitty
    no one huntars like gaston

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaCore View Post
    This game has been out for 9 days. It took me 3 days to get to 85 due to finals. After 6 days currently I am in all 346 gear with the exception of a 316 relic and 359 boots, and the people I play with are in similar gear. Recently we have begun ignoring boss mechanics and opting to aoe trash down like it was wrath all over again because heroics, while slightly challenging at an average item level of 327, are now complete jokes at 346.

    I look on these forums and the official ones and either see people complaining the heroics are too hard, or that they're challenging and they want them to stay that way, but neither case is true. The only reason heroics were even sightly challenging at 327 gear level was because of mana issues, be it the healer running oom or the caster dps running oom and causing a fight to take too long. After around ilvl 337 mana pools were large enough and regen from spirit was high enough that the issue of running oom hasn't happened at all in the past few days.

    I was enjoying cata for the first week, but I find myself getting bored again. I have 10 achievements left to finish for my volcanic drake and don't know what else to do after I get that while I wait for the rest of my guild to gear up for raids. Disappointing expectations of difficulty are disappointing. =/
    It sounds like you're measuring "end game" as 5 man heroics? By your own points, you nearly outgear heroics. It's time to move on to raiding. Congratulations, you've completed the 5 man heroic content; also knows as the "tip of the iceberg".

  6. #86
    The Patient Eduardo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sports Hell, Cleveland Ohio
    Posts
    278
    "Disappointing expectations of difficulty are disappointing. =/"

    It was challenging and now it isn't because you out gear it. You cant move forward because your guild mates are not at your level. If you are eating dinner and have to wait for other to finish their meals before ordering desert does that mean the restaurant sucks?
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
    Buddha

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by esmifra View Post
    Show me a Blue post or any proof that what you say is true...

    You cant!
    Umm, read the front page... go ahead, I'll wait.

    O wow the blue post confirming was right in front of your eyes!

    And just in case you missed it,

    Dungeons & Raids
    Halls of Origination

    * The damage of Fireballs automatically cast by Temple Fireshaper with Molten Barrier active has been adjusted in normal and Heroic difficulty.
    * The damage of Pact of Darkness cast by Temple Shadowlancer has been adjusted in normal and Heroic difficulty.


    Lost City of Tol'vir

    * Siamat will cast Deflecting Winds after a few seconds of entering combat regardless of any abilities used against him at the start of the encounter.
    * The damage of Dust Flail cast by Lockmaw has been adjusted in normal difficulty.


    The Stonecore

    * The Crystal Shards creatures in the Corborus encounter are now level 86, down from 88.

  8. #88
    The Patient frejborg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    311
    Maybe you should check out some MMOs, where it takes a hundred hours or even way more to earn things in-game.

    Or yeah, like others have said.. work on professions, achievements, rare pets/mounts, etc. Help others who are leveling, do worldpvp... just look for other things to do.

  9. #89
    Field Marshal frogi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Edinburger.
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaCore View Post
    This game has been out for 2,215 days.
    Fixed. Worth remembering it's a 6 year old game. Not a lot can change now.
    Ghostcrawler - "Dear OP, Bye. Hugs, GC."
    Hunter S. Thompson - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
    Lore - "There's a time and place for serious face. There's a time and place for ... other face."
    Scrapbot - "Dear frogi, You have received an infraction at MMO-Champion." Banned on Christmas Day 2010.

  10. #90
    If people are complaining about not having anything to do...they should realize that a lot of the "new" content is old content. New quest and such. If people want to rush to 85 and rush to heroics then that's fine but don't complain because your guild isn't ready to raid yet. Roll an alt or something. Idk what else to tell you.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Noakh View Post
    Umm, read the front page... go ahead, I'll wait.

    O wow the blue post confirming was right in front of your eyes!

    And just in case you missed it,

    Dungeons & Raids
    Halls of Origination

    * The damage of Fireballs automatically cast by Temple Fireshaper with Molten Barrier active has been adjusted in normal and Heroic difficulty.
    * The damage of Pact of Darkness cast by Temple Shadowlancer has been adjusted in normal and Heroic difficulty.


    Lost City of Tol'vir

    * Siamat will cast Deflecting Winds after a few seconds of entering combat regardless of any abilities used against him at the start of the encounter.
    * The damage of Dust Flail cast by Lockmaw has been adjusted in normal difficulty.


    The Stonecore

    * The Crystal Shards creatures in the Corborus encounter are now level 86, down from 88.

    Yeah you are right.

    But that was posted very recently only a few hours before I posted and I hadn't seen it yet.
    I thought you were one of those guys that were saying there was a stealth nerf a couple of days ago...


    I was wrong... Just one of many times and many more to come for sure
    Quote Originally Posted by Oradraffe View Post
    MoP is not happening i can promise that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tric619 View Post
    Been playing since week 1 and still believe Mop is the next expac? >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Feyrzhuk View Post
    MoP will never be a WoW expansion. Feel free to flame and ridicule me should I be proven wrong.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Noakh View Post
    Umm, read the front page... go ahead, I'll wait.

    O wow the blue post confirming was right in front of your eyes!

    And just in case you missed it,

    Dungeons & Raids
    Halls of Origination

    * The damage of Fireballs automatically cast by Temple Fireshaper with Molten Barrier active has been adjusted in normal and Heroic difficulty.
    * The damage of Pact of Darkness cast by Temple Shadowlancer has been adjusted in normal and Heroic difficulty.


    Lost City of Tol'vir

    * Siamat will cast Deflecting Winds after a few seconds of entering combat regardless of any abilities used against him at the start of the encounter.
    * The damage of Dust Flail cast by Lockmaw has been adjusted in normal difficulty.


    The Stonecore

    * The Crystal Shards creatures in the Corborus encounter are now level 86, down from 88.
    Onoes, two mobs in Heroic HoO and a bug with Siamat was fixed. WOTLK LOLOLOLOL CATAHEROICS ARE TOO EASY NOW.

    (crystal shard level changing = nerfed damage how? normal mode Lockmaw being nerfed = nerfed heroics how?)

  13. #93
    Consider getting a job? >_>

  14. #94
    You leveled to 85 in three days. You clearly rushed through that, and probably everything else. Relax, enjoy the game.

  15. #95
    So after doing a decent amount of Heroic dungeons...you had a decent amount of heroic gear? I hate it when that happens.
    Opinions are immunities from being told you're wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrosh
    I have purchased some Burger King for all the Horde.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

    Critical Healing Effect: When the paladin gets a crit on a heal, it will heal for more.
    The amount of damage a player can inflict upon enemies is determined by the amount of times, and placement of the letter X in the player's username. For example, a player with four instances of the letter X will be able to do substantially more damage that a player with only one X.

  16. #96
    Stood in the Fire Mojow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Behind u !
    Posts
    497
    PVP ofc
    what a silly question
    thnks to amalisa for the sig <3

  17. #97
    Time to raid and do rated BG's.

    I do sympathize with the sentiment that the current endgame structure means 5-man content is outgeared for the majority of an expansion's lifecycle. Again, the obvious suggestion is to release a new tier of difficulty with each content patch.

  18. #98
    roll an alt or raid, stop qqing
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

  19. #99
    Heroics aren't designed to last forever. If you're done with them, which it clearly sounds like you are, move on to raiding or start on an alt/professions/whatever while your guild catches up. Cata heroics are designed to get people playing their classes again to the fullest potential possible, not to keep folks engrossed in heroic 5s progression for months on end. Of course heroics are going to seem easier in full 346 gear as this is the level that particular content is designed to cap out at.

    Oh and while I'm sure you can AoE through a bunch of the trash in heroics now, I have a hard time believing you can do that on every single trash pack in every heroic without any CC at all. If you're doing that, the healer down-time to get mana after every pull is probably slowing you up more than CC would anyway.

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaCore View Post
    This game has been out for 9 days. It took me 3 days to get to 85 due to finals. After 6 days currently I am in all 346 gear with the exception of a 316 relic and 359 boots, and the people I play with are in similar gear. Recently we have begun ignoring boss mechanics and opting to aoe trash down like it was wrath all over again because heroics, while slightly challenging at an average item level of 327, are now complete jokes at 346.

    I look on these forums and the official ones and either see people complaining the heroics are too hard, or that they're challenging and they want them to stay that way, but neither case is true. The only reason heroics were even sightly challenging at 327 gear level was because of mana issues, be it the healer running oom or the caster dps running oom and causing a fight to take too long. After around ilvl 337 mana pools were large enough and regen from spirit was high enough that the issue of running oom hasn't happened at all in the past few days.

    I was enjoying cata for the first week, but I find myself getting bored again. I have 10 achievements left to finish for my volcanic drake and don't know what else to do after I get that while I wait for the rest of my guild to gear up for raids. Disappointing expectations of difficulty are disappointing. =/

    I honestly can't tell if you're trolling or not. 3 days to 85 "because of finals" ? So, what, you would have hit 85 in a day otherwise ? 6 days to get in (nearly) all 346 gear ?

    Yeah, if you're playing the game every waking minute, you're going to blaze through the content at a faster rate than is intended. Name one other videogame you can play as much as you play WoW and not burn through it within a week (and this doesn't even count the fact that you're actually not done -- no 5-player heroic drake and no raiding).

    Look, if you're looking for something that would take longer than this, you are simply playing the wrong game. You just have to understand that the overwhelming majority of players don't play the game the way you do (as indicated by the fact you're waiting for your guild to catch up).

    The world simply cannot be balanced around the outliers.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •